Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Black Taoist Update

For the record: I am inquiring if a particularly public and vocal internal "sifu" has ever stepped up and fought a sanctioned match. There has been much talk that this was to happen.

It's confusing, because even in his winded half-mile jog interview, he states "I've done a lot of fighting. I've been in the cage."

I've seen video of him messing around, training I guess, in the cage.... but I never heard or sceen nor find any record of him having participated in an amateur or pro fight.

I am not a sifu. Now, at 37, currently, I have different goals than fighting out. Though I still bang while training.... I don't think its out of line for an "internal martial arts fan" to ask if one ... or any! ... of this system's fighters are out competing in the wider combat sport arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    You have to differentiate between fans of MMA and those that train and compete in it.

My experience at Renzo Gracie's was one of the most positive in my life. The guys I train with now in Puerto Rico are awesome. We all compete. We egos.

Go to an established BJJ club in your area and you will see exactly what I'm talking about. Its not common, it's the standard. The norm.

we have exactly One(1) Bjj club of any merit around where I am.

The others? It's not the norm. there's not a lot of difference between armchair ufc guy and the same guy at the bjj gym.

having said that, a pro shop is a pro shop and I would expect a lacking of ass hats in there.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

When you say "club" do you mean literally a club, like a college club? Or do you mean a gym, school or dojo?

Any BJJ school should be able to tell you who they are affiliated with. They also have standards for each belt promotion, certain skills and knowledge that have to be demonstrated. The instructor, even if only a purple or brown belt, will be connected to a local black belt. Who will have a reputation and be known by the BJJ community.

The standards in BJJ are very organized. There's no phoney balloney. You earn your rank.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    I'm a little late to this party; just watched the video.

He's running at about a what? 11 - 10:30 minute mile pace and he's so out of breath he can't even spit three words at a time.

What does he have against doughnuts?

To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

i like this game, i dont get it but i'll play!

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

you know just reading through this...its interesting, first the whole african american people dont have identity thing black culture is very rich in this country. as for the whole old ass convo tma vs. mma...blah blah...thats what i say to that, because the reality is a bullet to the chest will be the end of all your hard work and training, all the steroids in the world couldnt save you from a situation like that, and out in these streets more people are carrying just watch your local news for 20 minutes. ive trained in a variety of different styles, from bjj to xing yi chuan, since i was four, at first it was just to beat up my older brothers, but later it was just to have an activity, have i used my martial arts in fights? yes as a teenager more so then as an adult. as an adult i think i got into 2 fights, one guy i chopped in the throat, the other guy i wrestled to the ground and was pulled off him before i could pound his face into the concrete. ive also been robbed at gunpoint, do you think im gonna be like waaattaaa!!!! i know kung fu! or grunt and get into a mma fighter stance? hell no, cause i would be dead. mma is great to watch its a man on man sport that will hopefully take over boxing one day, but thats all it is a sport, the art to it is gone, and filled with idiotic juice heads who just want to hit things. tma is also dying because of all the watered down ****, the non asian sifus who walk around thinking they are chinese, and all the other nonsense.

so lets stop the bull$hit and promote some martial harmony. as for BT, whatever some people just like to talk, ive seen some of his videos, some of the stuff he talks about are pretty cool and interesting. but yea there are better ways to talk about them that dont make them seem like you are just talking smack, ive seen rudy curries videos those are much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    When you say "club" do you mean literally a club, like a college club? Or do you mean a gym, school or dojo?

Any BJJ school should be able to tell you who they are affiliated with. They also have standards for each belt promotion, certain skills and knowledge that have to be demonstrated. The instructor, even if only a purple or brown belt, will be connected to a local black belt. Who will have a reputation and be known by the BJJ community.

The standards in BJJ are very organized. There's no phoney balloney. You earn your rank.
    In my vernacular gyms, dojos, dojangs, kwoons, et al are "clubs".

I don't ascribe one having quality over another, it's people that bring quality, not a room with stuff in it.

In all honesty, I'm not interested in undertaking to study and learn bjj.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    You know what they say;
    It'll make a new man out of you and then he'll want some too

Last edited by wenshu; 06-25-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post

LMAO

Hilarious
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

That's awesome LOL! I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public. 
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

(((((Didn't I get banned for flaming someone? Or was it insults? Maybe both?? But naturally this jack a s s is okay with this hateful BS.....))))))

Keep it coming Suzy.....
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 06-25-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

what people are really trying to say is that they feel offended that a black guy is doing better refined arts than they are.

Admit it...you think blacks are obsolete farm equipment.

Can stand to see a black man succeed...the uppity black. Why don't you hillbillies just joint the clan.

Wildwoo is offline 苦練在最熱的天,夏季和冬季最寒冷的日子 !
    Let's face it racism sucks on any level....

While they type, we practice
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwoo View Post
    Let's face it racism sucks on any level....

Forgot the rest of the clan

-Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi