Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adding fuel to the internal debate

The state that resembles a middle finger.

adding fuel to the internal debate

I'll let you guys make your comments on these two vids I came across.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...Dshare&h=0a545

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...Dshare&h=0a545
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I have seen this and also read a book about this guy!

Why is it so hard for these guys to allow themselves to be scientifically evaluated? A complete scientific evaluation is all it would take!

If his sect is supposed to do good, then the notoriety would help millions of people and not just the few who happen to stumble upon him.

If they are afraid of the notoriety going to their heads, all you have to do is have thousands of people be able to do the same thing and then you are just one of many instead of just one or two "special" people in the world!

He has a bunch of other parlor tricks, like splitting a banana inside the peel which is another well known magic trick/illusion!

BTW prison inmates used to be able to wad up paper and make it spontaneously ignite using brylcreem and something else. I cannot remember the other ingredient.

You put a small amount on two parts of a sheet of paper. When you wad the paper it mixes the two chemicals, and within a few moments, POOF!!! Spontaneous combustion!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 06-22-2011 at 05:15 PM.

I wish that qi could work like that, but it doesn’t; just parlor tricks.

Srinivasa Ramanujan. In his dreams.... some of our most advanced sciences ,in terms of levitation, teleportation, string theory etc. Come from or in part from the equations we have figured out and proven. He received these from a goddess (said he). I don't say yes or no to qi tricks or such....but I do understand there are mysteries of the universe we have yet to discover....many of them. It is not a far stretch to think there is some scientific method by which we can harness energy beyond what we do understand. Science teaches us that we are ignorant to what is truly possible. One day far after all of us are dead there will be technologies that we now would deem impossible. This is a fact, and has always been the case throughout our time here as a species.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Science teaches us that we are ignorant to what is truly possible. One day far after all of us are dead there will be technologies that we now would deem impossible. This is a fact, and has always been the case throughout our time here as a species.
    You are right about that. Technologies have been developed for most everything- flying, the internet, driving, new body parts, television- all thing that would have been considered impossible a couple hundred years ago.

That being said, until the technology was developed, no one was able to do these things.

Same with him.

Might there someday be levitation, teleportation, etc? Of course. Can people do them now? Of course not. Like all the other technologies that have been developed up to now no one can do them until the technology is developed.

can people do them now? no, but science can. we have teleported. not large objects but we have teleported particles. there are various ways we know how to levetate with technology.

there have always been 'unexplained' phenomina...and as soon as science cannot explain it, it is written off. so just because it cannot be explained, or has not yet been under the mircro scope, it is not real. and every time one thing that is unexplained eventually does come to light, then we can remove our sheet of ignorance, and this is why it is always 1 or 2 individuals who have always discovered everything in all of our history, because too many people are not willing to open their minds and try.

again i do not believe or disbelieve, i am the type of person that i have to see it to believe it. i need evidence. but at the same time i also need the other side of that coin. if someone says something is not true, i need evidence.

if neither side can support their claim with raw evidence that i can verify for myself, i do not puth faith in either.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

He has a bunch of other parlor tricks, like splitting a banana inside the peel which is another well known magic trick/illusion!
    I think the banana trick is done with a fine needle and thread to cut through the banana. I had a book on magic tricks when I was young.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

i think the best trick is the trick of procreation.

u gotta trick the female i nto wanting to procreate with u.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

internal kung fu is as real as chinese communism
    Last edited by bawang; 06-22-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    splitting a banana inside the peel ...
    I know 3 tricks to share here:

1. Splitting a banana inside the peel - Use needle and thread.

2. Use paper to break chopstick- Stick your finger out behind the paper to break the chopstick and quickly pull that finger back.

3. Put your hands in hot boiled water - puts your hands in ice first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    adding fuel to the internal debate
    Is it really a debate?

I mean, isn't it more like dreamers fantasizing about magical unicorns floating in a marmalade sky, while reasonable people snicker and laugh at them?

It is really spectacle isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I think the banana trick is done with a fine needle and thread to cut through the banana. I had a book on magic tricks when I was young.
    Yup! That's it!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I know 3 tricks to share here:

1. Splitting a banana inside the peel - Use needle and thread.

2. Use paper to break chopstick- Stick your finger out behind the paper to break the chopstick and quickly pull that finger back.

3. Put your hands in hot boiled water - puts your hands in ice first.
    Nice use of Qi!

But you aren't supposed to tell the unwashed masses so you can look all super-duper and mysterious and specially gifted by the Taoverse Deity!

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    The best banana trick I ever saw was performed by a Thai hooker!!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post

Ah! You've met Atsumi too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    I second that, but that Japanese "geisha" came a close second, eh?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !