Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: weighted items

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    I'm a big fan of varied workouts, doing different things as part of the event. I was reading about an exercise theory, (CST) http://www.rmaxi.com/cst/, and they are all about full mobility, and applicable strength. They use indian clubs instead of kettle bells...

They talk a lot about core, and the strength of the physiology surrounding the muscle, including connective tissue, joints and the sheath of muscle that surrounds muscle(?).

I see a lot of common ground in some of the old school exercises which focused more on a movement than on a muscle.
    only problem is for all his talking (and god does he do alot of that, he makes up words as he goes along) sonnen's only ever trained two fighters, and one of those was known for having both rubbish cardio AND bad strength so i take his stuff with a pinch of salt

the russians didnot use kettlebells as we see them used in the ewst, they used them for throwing mostly, they build strength the old fashioned way with heavy weights then added other stuff, most peopl seem to want to put the cart before the horse these days

I had a 20 pound weighted vest that I jogged with - did forms with. I wrecked my back. I throw around heavy logs, 20 pound basketball (filled with sand), hit wooden dummy, etc. Forearms become hard as iron in one month or less if you train them properly.

kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    in that vid it must just be describe that one wrap, cuz u can go either way clock wise or counter clock wise...
    that is correct sir.

black bears will not come to maul you now.

*whistles at the horde of black bears to return*
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ao Qin View Post
    I had a 20 pound weighted vest that I jogged with - did forms with. I wrecked my back.
    i train with 40 pound vest with no problem.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i train with 40 pound vest with no problem.
    Thereby proving that Jim is not Kevin and vice versa.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

with weight vest the bouncing can destroys your spine. you have to buy a good one and make sure it fastens to your body.

you can march with the weight vest and do 10 second sprints with no problem, this is traditional chinese training.

doing forms with weight vest means you can no longer hop and prance around. this corrects your physical posture and mental attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Thereby proving that Jim is not Kevin and vice versa.
    my name steve. steve johnson.
    Last edited by bawang; 06-26-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    TT's opposing method of keeping them silent is interesting as well.
    Yeah for sure - different movements you dont want them clanging round like the bells of St Pauls