Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I find this to be terribly creepy.

Remember when Darth told Luke he was his father?

Hatsumi Miku is ODB's mother. Seriously.

September 27, 2013 13:20
    US hip-hop festival featuring ODB hologram axes dates due to 'lack of ticket sales'

Wu-Tang Clan and Tyler, The Creator were also due to perform at axed events in Washington, DC and New York

A US touring hip-hop festival set to feature performances from Wu Tang Clan and the infamous Ol' Dirty ******* hologram has been forced to cancel half its dates due to "lack of ticket sales".

Two weekend-long Rock The Bells events have already taken place this month in Los Angeles and San Francisco. However, the final two bashes due to take place in Washington, DC this weekend (September 28 and 29) and New York City the following weekend (October 4 and 5) have now been axed.

Chang Weisberg, owner of promoters Guerilla Union, said in a press statement: "First and foremost, it is with great sadness and disappointment that we must cancel the Washington, DC and New York City Rock The Bells dates due to lack of ticket sales. I, along with our staff, the artists, and all of the sponsors, media partners, local promoters, and radio stations involved are thankful for our supporters and the fans that planned on attending."

"It's extremely unfortunate that we can't complete the last half of the 10th Anniversary Rock The Bells tour," Weisberg continued. "We did everything in our power to save the show. Unfortunately, the financial loss would have been devastating. I am truly sorry we could not produce the show for all the fans who did buy their ticket in support of."

Full refunds will be given and more details can be found at the Rock The Bells website. Other artists who had been due to perform at the events in Washington, DC and New York City events included Tyler, The Creator, Earl Sweatshirt, Kid Cudi, Common and Chase & Status.
    And while Rock the Bells collapsed this year, Hatsune Miku's MAGICAL MIRAI 2013 tour did well. Go figure.

Hatsune Miku “MAGICAL MIRAI 2013” Report
    Held on August 30th
    September 14, 2013 10:10am PDT (25 days ago)

Hatsune Miku’s complex type event, “MAGICAL MIRAI 2013” was held at Yokohama Arena (Kanagawa-pref.) on 30th August.

Built on the concept of “Users-participatory culture fest” with “all of Hatsune Miku”, the event was made up with live-concerts, gallery, workshops, product sales, company-collaborated booths. Theme of the event was “serious live-concerts, Hatsune Miku’s culture in the past and the future (MIRAI)”.

The concert was held twice, U-18 priority daytime performance and Hatsune Miku’s birthday-eve performance at night. (Miku’s birthday is on 31st August.) 3,900 audiences took part in the daytime performance and record-high 10,000 audiences in the night performance, lighting up the arena in Miku’s personal color green with light sticks.

In the daytime performance which was opened to the media as well, Miku sang and danced her songs such as “Shinkai Shoujo” (Yuuyu), “Tell Your World” (livetune), “ODDS&ENDS” (ryo(supercell)). Audiences grooved to the performance of Kagamine Rin & Len, Megurine Luka, MEIKO and KAITO by changing light sticks to their personal colors.

Hatsune Miku performed “YUMEYUME” (DECO*27), theme song of Nintendo 3DS game “Hatsune Miku and Future stars Project mirai” for encore, ending the daytime performance in wild applause.

Arena covered with green light sticks.

Performed various songs: “Shinkai Shoujo”, “Tell Your World”, “ODDS&ENDS”.

Hatsune Miku changed her costumes depending to her songs.

Hatsune Miku performing “Cat Food” (doriko).

Special exhibition of Hatsune Miku.
    Then again, who wants an app where you could sleep next to ODB?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    How empty does one need to be to wanna sleep beside a cartoon?
    She's not a cartoon. She's a vocaloid.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    My god! It's full of autotune!
    Of course! She's a vocaloid.

I found Hatsumi's facebook page. 1.3 million likes. Even with our recent 'like' push, that puts our fb to shame.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Where do you live?
    What is the population?
    What are the cultural mores and standards?
    Do you feel confident to meet and date women?

There's a bajillion differences between your life, my life and the life of a typical Japanese male aged 16 -36.
    Ok, so I have no issue with women. Love em, love to love em. We're all good there. But let's say I was socially awkward and/or lived in a place with a disproportionate number of males, I would still find it pretty weird that somebody would go buy Oculus Rift so they can sleep next to their favorite CGI. I mean, ok, if you're 12... I get that. But as an adult? Sucka please!

Kinda reminds me of those people who spend a ton of time to look like sailor moon. WTF. Again, as a kid, cool. As an adult, dysfunctional. Cultural differences or not. And yes, that is a knock to the culture. I'm not saying we don't have our dysfunctional aspects, I'm just sayin' that it is dysfunctional. For whatever reason. I have an issue with this PC accepting whatever stuff. There is a limit. The world is impersonal enough with all this tech being thrust on us at light speed. It's not a surprise that it would manifest in some serious dysfunction that may have serious consequences down the line. But to just have some blanket acception because "it's their culture" is pretty short sighted IMO. Choose any culture and you will find dysfunctional behaviour. We should not encourage these things.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Hatsumi Miku is ODB's mother. Seriously.

And while Rock the Bells collapsed this year, Hatsune Miku's MAGICAL MIRAI 2013 tour did well. Go figure.

Then again, who wants an app where you could sleep next to ODB?
    The rock the bells thing is a whole other topic. Don't get me started on the state of hiphop.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    She's not a cartoon. She's a vocaloid.
    Whatever
    Last edited by Syn7; 10-09-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I dunno...I could imagine a number of white male American/Canadian/European anime nerds, probably with yellow fever, would be all into that stuff.
    No doubt.

In soft countries is where you find soft men.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I dunno...I could imagine a number of white male American/Canadian/European anime nerds, probably with yellow fever, would be all into that stuff.
    I suggest you to watch a documentary covering the problem that Japan is facing about sex and demography. You'll see that 50% of Japanese males are not interested in sexual relationships with a woman while they use sex shops daily.

And yes I said 50%.

The article I posted above is all about that. Pretty interesting numbers.

With all the over-obsessiveness with iPhones and other electronic gadgets, I think it's only a matter of time before something similar will start happening here, if it hasn't already. I've said it before...way too many people I see cannot seem to function without playing with their iPhones. Eating at a restaurant, or doing anything with their spouses/significant others, friends, etc., you see people ignoring the people they're with in favor of someone/something they aren't with. It's developing a generation of impersonal robots. Then virtual reality starts becoming more real than actual reality to them. And the younger they're initiated into that, the harder it will be for them to live in the real world. Now kids are learning to do it while they're still in diapers.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 10-29-2013 at 08:17 PM.

With all the over-obsessiveness with iPhones and other electronic gadgets, I think it's only a matter of time before something similar will start happening here, if it hasn't already. I've said it before...way too many people I see cannot seem to function without playing with their iPhones. Eating at a restaurant, or doing anything with their spouses/significant others, friends, etc., you see people ignoring the people they're with in favor of someone/something they aren't with. It's developing a generation of impersonal robots. Then virtual reality starts becoming more real than actual reality to them. And the younger they're initiated into that, the harder it will be for them to live in the real world. Now kids are learning to do it while they're still in diapers.
    Well, Japan is a rare case it's not that easy to explain. But I agree with what you say.

The article I posted above is all about that. Pretty interesting numbers.
    I didn't see it thx.

The doc I watched showed flats filled with cats all around Tokyo for the only reason that men can go there and toy with them to get the feeling as if the cats were women taking care of them. really weird.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    some weird sh1t for sure.....
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Eeeewwww! That's definitely some creepy cartoon pedo stuff right there.

Speaking of AKB48...

This is so awesome. I can think of dozens of pop American bands that should have videogames like this.

New arcade game lets you get face-to-face with AKB48 members… and shoot them in the face
    Master Blaster 2 days ago

Starting this April in arcades everywhere, darlings of the idol scene, AKB48 will be making their debut in an arcade game. Unfortunately for fans they are also zombified and require you to take aim and unload on them with your handgun.

It’s called Sailor Zombie AKB48 Edition, and as the name suggests it features members of the pop squad dressed up in adorable sailor outfits. Also as the name implies, the cuties are reanimated corpses who desire to eat your brains.

Luckily, you’re strapped with a plastic “vaccine gun” that can cure the ladies of their undead strife. And you know you want to start plugging away once they get into that old Thriller routine.

This zombie army is represented by Yuko Oshima, Mayu Watanabe, Yuki Kashiwagi, Rina Kawaei, Anna Iriyama, Mako Kojima, and Miki Nishino. All of them are beautifully rendered in 3D, aside from their complexions.

If you happen to be in Chiba next week (14 & 15 February) you might want to head down to the Makuhari Messe Convention Center for a sneak peak of Sailor Zombie AKB48 Edition. The rest of us in Japan will have to wait until April.

It’s truly an interesting game from the idol group though. Can AKB fans squeeze the trigger between Oshima-san’s doe eyes? Meanwhile, can AKB48 detractors resist shooting out the streetlights to save the idol septet? Sailor Zombie AKB48 Edition makers NEX Entertainment and Namco Bandai are hoping no on both counts, because that means more coins in the machine baby!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Bringing this on topic...

...well, sort of. It's China at least.

Hatsune Miku themed restaurant opens in China
    Anime News Network 20 hours ago

If any Hatsune Miku fans find themselves in China’s Guangxi Province, they might want to stop by the city of Yulin for an unexpected surprise, because it’s in this city that the Vocaloid singing sensation has gotten a fast food restaurant dedicated to her, though likely not in any official capacity.

Aptly named 初音同萌 (Hatsune with “Moe“) or “Moe to Hatsune,” the restaurant is covered in Miku themed decorations, from giant wall decals of leeks to Miku nendoroids at the counter.

Their menu (which interestingly features an image of the Going Merry) consists mostly of delicious looking fast food chicken items, but there are a few other dishes, as well as desserts.

From their wide menu to their fun character themed atmosphere, they guarantee 100% customer satisfaction. As an added bonus, they are also cosplayer friendly.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I think you hit the nail right on the head, sir. I only regret to say that these observations are probably coming a few years too late. Everything now is hopeless and the situation will only get more out of hand. There are lots of studies people have made such as what the Internet has done to people's attention spans, and things like that.

This technology has the potential to be very dangerous. On TV, (in USA) we already are not allowed to see the coffins of soldiers returning home from war in the middle east, they will not show it. This is by design. They also don't show or talk too much about all the innocent civilians in the middle east being killed in this war. How soon will it be until they put out 100% fake broadcasts?

A lot of places already prefer credit cards over checks and cash. I hear soon cash might become obsolete. Look at the UN, every European country uses the Euro as a form of currency. I hear there are designs for something similar in the Americas. Less options, less diversity. I hear the ultimate goal is to have people micro-chipped, and if you refuse, you lose.

"forgive them father, they know not their sins." So many people my age and younger, heck, even older, take full advantage of these technologies without ever realizing the implications of what they are doing. It is un-believable.

I am not saying all technology is bad, it is the extent to which one uses it and interacts with it that is in question. Most people probably don't realize that television was a Nazi invention originally from day one. After WWII many Nazi's got new fake identities thru the Vatican and came to the America's, pioneering the NASA space program, etc. NASA is just a continuation of a Nazi Space Program that moved to the United States. TV actually hypnotizes people for real, there are many flashes per second that we only pick up subconsciously. I notice if I stare at the TV for more than 5 minutes my eyes become all glassy and glued to the screen.

Give me a nice hike through the woods and fresh air in my lungs any day versus being bombarded by strob-lights and electronic singers.