Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New sign board

Thumbs up New sign board

For you school owners out there or generous students looking to give thier teacher something very special, you must check out eric hardgrove's hand carved sign boards.

The workmanship is awesome the love and passion he puts into his work eminates throught the whole sign, here is a pic of one he did for out school. he can be found on the forum by the way
    Brings you back to the olden days of the tea houses and outdoor kwoon's in china check it out.....

notice the hand chisel marks in the background, makes it look and feel like its 100 years old, very cool detail

Attachment 6267
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

looks fake and gay

cardboard cutout
    Last edited by bawang; 06-23-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

the writing style a bit too thick/fat for me

I learned or modeled after Yan Zheng Qing. his writing was fat/thick, too but not this thick.

my brother likes thinning writing almost bone like or bamboo stick like

well

each to his or her own.

he printed out chinese characters from the internet, put it on a cheap plywood then cut it out with a boxcutter.

oops

I thought it was his writing.

take a closer look at the edge of the characters. all rough and cut up

looks like a dam arts and crafts project from kindergarden

Can I please ask how much you paid for that sign?

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

bawang, why must you be so disprectful? that sign is beautiful, it was hand carved from 1 solid piece of wood and took almost 2 months to do. And our school and my students really appreciate it. You shoudl learn to be a bit nicer when it comes to others feelings/

spj,
    you can select what ever type of caligraphy you wish, I perferred the brush stroke sample. But he carvres it all by hand so any wrtiing can be doneMing,
    the prices vary on color, style size and hours of workmanship so they range from 200- 500 depending on all the variables

here is another pic so you can see how big it is haging compared to the wall

Attachment 6274
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

bawang is just being a jerk.
    It's his role here.

He's a troll. And he's our troll.
    At least, he's the only relevant troll.

Occasionally barfs up a gem. lol

having said that, hand carved from a single piece?
    That is great work! He did really well on that one.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

im being 100% serious. that hargrove guy spamming internet selling "pie bins" extremely annoying

he couldnt even pronouce your style, he called it bat bo tong long. why the hell did you pay him money for that garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    im being 100% serious. that hargrove guy spamming internet selling "pie bins" extremely annoying

he couldnt even pronouce your style, he called it bat bo tong long. why the hell did you pay him money for that garbage?
    Are you saying you can't read that sign for what it is?
    and what's wrong with crappy romanization? People do it all the time.

we know what that garble phonetic is: "8 step preying mantis"

He does good work. Pretty good quality and the ideograms are correct.

You're just jelly because he does well at it and you have to beg for cheeto money.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Earth Dragon, you should by now know how "bawang" talks to everyone around here. Almost everything that comes out of his mouth is Negative... pay no attention to his insults.

I know nothing about Chinese language characters. But, I got to tell you.... it looks very nice! I would have done it myself using a small table band saw ad sand paper and save the money to buy some more training weapons or the like..

Thanks for sharing..

why cant you guys be more like david ross? he doesnt put cardboard posters and old magazine cutouts on his wall, he put gold medals.

why cant you guys be more like david ross? he doesnt put cardboard posters and old magazine cutouts on his wall, he put gold medals.
    Who is David Ross? Maybe he should try to post up something like that very nice sign board?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    and what's wrong with crappy romanization? People do it all the time.
    from now on i will use only my village dialect. he do baghbouv tungnung. and you practice ong chueen.