Thread: Your Crest or Logo?

Your Crest or Logo?

Sometimes, there's considerable amount of thought, history or emotion that goes into the designing of a crest, badge or logo. Other times, it's just a picture that looked cool.

Tell us all about yours and what thought went into designing it ...........

The White Crane Research Institute Logo/Crest represents the study and research undertaken by our respected members and must be earned.

The Crest is only given to students once they have proven they are worthy members of the WCRI. The Crest/Logo can ONLY be worn by full members of the WCRI after a qualifying period of 6 months.

The Outer Circle represents the never-ending cycle of learning and reminds one that a “Beginners Mind” should always be applied to the on-going learning experience.

The Circle is blue to represent the sky and vastness of the art. The colour blue was chosen as it represents the sky. Blue is the colour of the mind. Contemplation of the colour blue pacifies the central nervous system. Blood pressure and pulse rate are reduced and respiration rate slows. It represents introspection. The colour of the summer sky has been proven to be both calming and energetic.

The White Crane at the heart of the Logo / Crest represents the heart of the on-going research of the practitioner and the sixth level of learning. It is rendered in the modern sense as our art evolves in to the future. White is a colour. It is the symbol of purity and perfection. It’s the colour of enlightenment, the colour of flight and freedom. White gives us the freedom to be individual. The Crane is depicted unfurling its wings in flight.

Lastly, the Chinese characters read “White Crane-Fist”.

The Crest/Logo can ONLY be worn by full members of the WCRI after a qualifying period.

The Crest was designed by myself as I used to work in Graphic Arts.

This logo is my personal logo for Wu He Dao Zhan Pai and is only worn by myself on the front of the Duangua (Uniform Jacket). Senior Students may wear it on the back of the uniform and represents the older Fujian White Crane symbol and connection

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Sup.

Blog Entries
    Your Crest or Logo?

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7204/acsca.gif

It's easy to see what ACSCA believes in.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

wow, that's pretty impressive MK!

Pain Barn brand is the realz!

Is Pain Barn™ the owner of the Sprain Shack™? or the Bruise Box™?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This is the "mon" for Donjitsu Do, the martial art I trained in for over a decade.

The Yin/Yang;In/Yo represents the world in which we live as well as the hard/aggressive and soft/gentle aspects of the style.

The Bonsai represents the practitioner and their martial journey. As a bonsai tree is shaped by "training" so too is the martial artist shaped by his/her training.

I actually have this tattooed on my back.