Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Training/fighting in a rule set

Youtube Kung FU champion 2010 and Youtube MMA champion 2010... that demonstrates the huge reality gap.
    I think if the above would have been done along time ago, we wouldn't be arguing about this today. What an eye opener right there. So simply stated, so effectively received. Nice job.

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    I think if the above would have been done along time ago, we wouldn't be arguing about this today. What an eye opener right there. So simply stated, so effectively received. Nice job.
    Assuming Youtube and competitive sport fighting are the only validation tests, one simply must agree to this BTDT idea.
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

SR - You disagree that tcma isn't mma. But nobody said that.

I said, if you go to an mma club, you will not find traditional chinese martial arts there, but vice versa may very well be the opposite.

I know HW 108 or whoever the bi-polar troll monkey is hates me.
    I figure it has to be because I'm right.

bwahahahahaha.

Hey you know what I don't do? I don't use my fingerless gloves for bagwork.
    You know what else I don't do, I don't go to sailboat forums and start talking about cruise ships.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This is not a thread about TMA vs. MMA.
    This is not a thread about whether or not martial artists should spar full contact.

It's a thread about one reason why it's not sensible to ask for video of people's full contact competitive fights every time they make a post about technique...

At least that was my humble intention...

If you really need another TMA vs. MMA thread, go ahead and have fun. maybe I'll chime in. But, "All the dude really wants is his rug back." (er I mean, to be able to talk kung fu without having to talk MMA all the time.)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    This is not a thread about TMA vs. MMA.
    This is not a thread about whether or not martial artists should spar full contact.

It's a thread about one reason why it's not sensible to ask for video of people's full contact competitive fights every time they make a post about technique...

At least that was my humble intention...

If you really need another TMA vs. MMA thread, go ahead and have fun. maybe I'll chime in. But, "All the dude really wants is his rug back." (er I mean, to be able to talk kung fu without having to talk MMA all the time.)
    do you have a vid of a full contact fight to proove to me that is what this thread is about?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

BTDT idea
    sorry, what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    ...snip... "All the dude really wants is his rug back." (er I mean, to be able to talk kung fu without having to talk MMA all the time.)
    That's all the majority of tcma folks on here want...Could you imagine one in depth thread about TCMA where that's all it was? No mma folks butting in with their insults, prove-its, placebos, youtubes, etc.? Only in our dreams my friend, only in our dreams.
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    sorry, what is that?
    Been There, Done That
    Things that have been discussed, argued, ranted, debated, etc. about over and over again until all of the regulars who've been here a while are extremely tired of it - and all of that content is still available to search and read through...

the internal forum is the secret hiding spot to avoid mma derailers! they never make it through a TGY post!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    the internal forum is the secret hiding spot to avoid mma derailers! they never make it through a TGY post!
    Yes, but neither do I.

Been There, Done That
    Things that have been discussed, argued, ranted, debated, etc. about over and over again until all of the regulars who've been here a while are extremely tired of it - and all of that content is still available to search and read through...
    Thanks, i was wracking whatever i have for a brain which isn't much for an answer to that. So, yeah, i agree. the whole subject is old.

I made it through a TGY post once.

I lost 300 of my expeditionary forces, 80 head of camel, 6 horses and 5 ox carts by the time I was finished.

Several of the char women had died by the time I understood what it said.

A TGY post is not something to be taken lightly.
    If you read it whilst on the loo, surely you'll suffer an aneurysm if you read 6 multi-syllabic words in a row while pushing a turd.

true story!

also, black bears died.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Now it's your turn to help me - what is TGY?

Here's what I found:
    The Grave Yard
    Todd Gregory Young
    The Golden Years
    The Growing Years
    The Guradian Years
    Tryptone Glucose Yeast
    Twenty Good Years
    Ten Great Years
    The Global Youth
    The Great Years
    Terasil Golden Yellow
    The Glory Years
    The Guevarist Years

Personally I think that is one of the silliest things to ever rear its head on forums.
    But you know what?
    Ridiculous claims call for ridiculous conditions.
    If someone claims something that can easily be proven on video, in this day and age, there is no reason NOT to show it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Personally I think that is one of the silliest things to ever rear its head on forums.
    But you know what?
    Ridiculous claims call for ridiculous conditions.
    If someone claims something that can easily be proven on video, in this day and age, there is no reason NOT to show it.
    Of course, Sanjuro. But also you are one of the people who's been using the original argument that made me start this thread.