Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes a good Kung fu teacher / Sifu

i am being funny here ( or attempting to ) this in no way is to describe ten tigers...at least not all of it!!

1. long hair because he is into heavy metal and hard core death metal, its wild and out of control.

2. plays guitar because he is into heavy metal and hard core death metal, and it gets chicks.

3. rides a Harley because he is in a bad ass biker gang, and it gets chicks.

4. he is an incredible lover because he is a womanizer and sleeps with many women in one night stands, honing his sex skeelz.

5. humility comes into being after you lay down your first couple of Harleys and get into several biker brawls.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    the signs of a really good Sifu"
    1. long hair
    2. plays guitar
    3. rides a Harley
    4. an incredible lover
    5. humility
    Crap.

My sifu is:

1. Bald
    2. Plays the Kazoo
    3. Rides a moped
    4. Is a horrible lover (according to his ex-wife)
    and
    5. Is the biggest braggart I know.

I'm fukked.

(J/K btw, just in case Chuck finds this somehow )

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by donjitsu2 View Post
    Crap.

My sifu is:

1. Bald
    2. Plays the Kazoo
    3. Rides a moped
    4. Is a horrible lover (according to his ex-wife)
    and
    5. Is the biggest braggart I know.

I'm fukked
    I think I saw him at the last tournament...
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Last edited by bawang; 06-29-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    I agree with you on this one Bawang. If i'm training for a fight, he's exactly the type of coach I would want to have.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    1. long hair
    2. plays guitar
    3. rides a Harley
    4. an incredible lover
    5. humility
    I guess 3 out of 5 aint bad!!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenTigers
    1. long hair
    2. plays guitar
    3. rides a Harley
    4. an incredible lover
    5. humility

That's some funny S*** lol

well i don't have long hair and i'm working on gettin the Harley...
    Does air guitar count!? hahaha
    It's not what you know, but who's first with the best.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I like working with people who have legitimately trained the material on a high level. Guys who have never truly been in shape or fought any full-contact whether that be in the ring or good sparing in the school aren't of much value. It usually goes back to having a full understanding. Guys who lack hard training often aren't fully aware of what the body is fully capable of and the particulars of techniques. People who lack those experiences usually end up hurting themselves in full-contact settings, forget about the opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    I like working with people who have legitimately trained the material on a high level. Guys who have never truly been in shape or fought any full-contact whether that be in the ring or good sparing in the school aren't of much value. It usually goes back to having a full understanding. Guys who lack hard training often aren't fully aware of what the body is fully capable of and the particulars of techniques. People who lack those experiences usually end up hurting themselves in full-contact settings, forget about the opponents.
    wrong. sorry man, I can name a few top notch boxing coaches who never boxed themselves.

this idea is in essence and in truth incorrect.

how to train someone can be garnered from experience yes, but it is so much more than simply having done something and now you can teach.

guys like that are found here and there, but it's not true and the results can show that.

Angelo Dundee for instance, I love this example. Why? He started as a corner man and has since gone on to train 16 yes SIXTEEN WORLD CHAMPIONS.

That's one guy! Who didn't fight himself but obviously thoroughly understands the sweet science better than pretty much all and any boxer who is in there mixing it up.

Train with someone who can make you great. Not someone who might have been great themselves, unless of course they have trained champions I suppose, in which case....

...anyone like that measure up to little old Angelo?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

rocky balboa!!!...oh wait...mike tyson...oh wait...george forman!!...oh wait..um gimme a few
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    rocky balboa!!!...oh wait...mike tyson...oh wait...george forman!!...oh wait..um gimme a few
    1. is fictitious

2. never trained anyone

3. sells slanted grills
    Kung Fu is good for you.

so wait you're trying to tell me that rocky balboa is fake? i saw his documentary and he had a robot. totally real. he fought mr t

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    so wait you're trying to tell me that rocky balboa is fake? i saw his documentary and he had a robot. totally real. he fought mr t
    yeah, well Mr.Coffee pities that fool!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    wrong. sorry man, I can name a few top notch boxing coaches who never boxed themselves.
    The exception and not the rule. Boxing is pretty simple compared to Kung fu or other martial arts as well. Also, Dundee could just be more of a gym manager, talent evaluator, and cut man rather than a boxing technician. Back when Dundee was starting out there was a lot of money to be made in running a "boxing camp." He could always bring in guys with technical knowledge of fighting, conditioning, and so on to fill in the gaps. The idea that he personally overseen every mitt and conditioning session for all of these champions just isn't the case. There are camps like that today.

I have heard the same thing about Master Toddy out in Vegas. He is a decent MT coach but his biggest strength is that he makes sure that he brings in the best trainers that he can. Hence all his champions.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 06-30-2011 at 11:03 AM.