Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret of Kung Fu

traditional stance training holds fighting stances. it actually helps maintaining correct fighting posture.

even when you did horse stance training you carried weights, up to 100 pounds.

modern day stance training doesnt do anyhing.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    He was a good fighter DESPITE any horse stance training. He was a good fighter BECAUSE of his plyometrics, weight training, and other sports conditioning methods.
    Other conditioning methods like ma bu training? Or this other more deadly form of ma sec training?
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i dont mean to side with faxia, but in traditional northern kung fu you didnt even have "horse stance" "bow stance". they are modern inventions.
    Hate to do it bro but incorrect.
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    the dude won't even tell us how stance training is counter productive and how it inhibits power development.....

i think he just talks to hear himself talk.
    Here ya go. Google this and read the articles: "endurance training interferes with power".

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Hate to do it bro but incorrect.
    kung fu people in modern times talk about "horse stance" "bow and arrow stance"

in old days people used the five element stance. "lead stance" "reverse stance" "retreat stance" "offensive stance" "defensive stanece"

Are you familiar with the sports science studies on specificity of training, overload principles and the inhibition of power development with endurance exercise?
    yes yes and i know where you are going with this...but there is also one thing you dont know about much stance training....you are not motionless. the best way to develop your horse stance is with squats and lunges.

there are a lot of different views on what is good stance training. me personally i believe that the best way is to practice your stances through squats, lunges, sparring and moving drills.

lets put it this way, if you do meditate, would you think meditating laying down or sitting down will be more effective then if you meditate in a stance where you are constantly expanding and contracting, rising and lowering up down left right in and out without stopping?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

It is endurance training and endurance training inhibits power development.
    And you know this simply from many years of disappointing horse stance training or cuz you read it somewhere or just cuz?
    It's fine for holding a low stance for extended periods of time. It's fine for meditation.
    It's not fine for fighting applications.
    Who are you to claim what is "fine" or not I would like to see some evidence for this fineness, lil buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Well goodness mister man...I thought you were anti-TCMA?

See...Mister Man...Lil Buddy...Here's an example of you stumbling on the lil pretty poo-poo that comes out of your mouth. You have zero understanding of what a horse stance is or how it's trained or the benefits derived therefrom due to the very lack of experience. Yet you make claims of its lack of usefulness, by using arguments that supports its benefits. This shows a bit of silliness. There are bigger & better words for it, but I will just call it silliness. Don't be mad, buddy.

LOL... thanks again for revealing another pretender fantasy kung fu "sifu" out there.

Are you familiar with the sports science studies on specificity of training, overload principles and the inhibition of power development with endurance exercise?
    Are you familiar with TCMA in any shape or form, lil buddy?

Oh gosh sorry. That was a rhetorical question. We know you are not and are just attempting your square peg round hole thing again...

traditional stance training holds fighting stances. it actually helps maintaining correct fighting posture.

this is what i like about yi quan, the stances are 'combat' stances when you train them.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

even when you did horse stance training you carried weights, up to 100 pounds.

modern day stance training doesnt do anyhing.
    To a point I agree. But I am of the mind of traditional, the way you described. That is proper stance training (once you build up to it, of course), but you can't judge all of stance training in today's world based on just the lazy fuggers..

yi quan is dogshi1t. the unique and precious thing about chinese martial arts is ancient stances. but you have to still train rationally and with solemn dignity.

kung fu people in modern times talk about "horse stance" "bow and arrow stance"

in old days people used the five element stance. "lead stance" "reverse stance" "retreat stance" "offensive stance" "defensive stanece"
    Liao...
    You know that is language construct difficulties man!

i use very deep horse stance greatly when i suplex you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    lets put it this way, if you do meditate, would you think meditating laying down or sitting down will be more effective then if you meditate in a stance where you are constantly expanding and contracting, rising and lowering up down left right in and out without stopping?
    You honestly think he will answer this? If you make 5 points and ask 3 questions in one reply, he will reply to what he think he can counter, and answer no question that is not a lead into what he believes to be his own trapping.