Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret of Kung Fu

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    can you imagine what he's like out in public?

Someone may say "Hey man, have a great day" and instead of saying "thanks man, you too" his reply would be "Most people who have competed understand this" or if he went to church and the preacher says "Peace be with you" again his reply would be "Most people who have competed understand this" or even "hey faxiapreta congratulations on becoming a father he'd shout at them " "Most people who have competed understand this"

he doesn't even realize we can predict what he's gonna say next. LOL
    lol we have to admit this is funny
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    Anger and rage increase capacity to generate force.

The very best fighters channel their rage because they understand that while this increases power/strength/force generation it also leads to quicker fatigue.
    this is the secret of the north. the berzerker fighters used rage and anger most effeciently.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

this is the secret of the north. the berzerker fighters used rage and anger most effeciently.
    Most people who have competed understand this.

lol dude ur cracking me up with that, u should make it ur sig

can you imagine what he's like out in public?

Someone may say "Hey man, have a great day" and instead of saying "thanks man, you too" his reply would be "Most people who have competed understand this" or if he went to church and the preacher says "Peace be with you" again his reply would be "Most people who have competed understand this" or even "hey faxiapreta congratulations on becoming a father he'd shout at them " "Most people who have competed understand this"

he doesn't even realize we can predict what he's gonna say next. LOL
    Being out in public and having conversations with people is far different than posting on a martial arts forum.

I agree that Most people who have competed understand this.

being out in public and having conversations with people is far different than posting on a martial arts forum.

lol!!!!!!!!!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Pinan/Heian/Pyong-ahn four-cross hands palms towards you, close into fists, rotate out and forward, turn one fist up
    Textbook gi choke.
    Totally, and completely textbook.
    This is obvious..to those who have actually trained.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Pinan/Heian/Pyong-ahn four-cross hands palms towards you, close into fists, rotate out and forward, turn one fist up
    Textbook gi choke.
    "Most people who have competed understand this"

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    if you have to exptrapolate a technique, it means the original technique doesnt work.
    If you cannot extrapolate, or innovate, you have no Kung Fu!

You may understand the mechanics, but have no understanding of underlying principles!

It is the underlying principles that allow one to innovate on the fly, in the heat of battle, in order to accommodate to unexpected circumstances, and thus prevail!

im telling the truth like malcolm x.

american martial artists have the problem of thinking "whatever happens in the dojo stays in the dojo". nothing they learn is carried to practice in real life. it has all been an interactive movie adventure.

its part of the buried colonial mindset to sample the cultures you conquer, but trivializing them and never taking them seriously. to compartmentalize chinese kung fu into a tiny square room white people call a "kewn", and make sure it stays there.
    All cultures do this. Every culture is culturo-centric in favor of itself. Do not think the Chinese are any different.

Chinese are considered VERY racist throughout Asia! In general, they are not very well liked! They are viewed as having a very superior attitude to other Asians and their cultures, even when they immigrate to a different Asian country!

Do not get me wrong, I am not ragging on Chinese, they are no different than anyone else, than any other culture, they are no better and no worse than anyone else!

They also have their own imperialistic past, and plans for the future!

there are lots of secrets. chinese kung fu teachers use the language barrier to hide the truth.

language shapes our very view of reality and how we think.

american kung fu people rarely learn more than a few ching chang pow phrases or some fortune cookie sayings.
    There you go! Racism! The only reason to not share is because of one's own racist inclinations. Although there are those who do not fit the mold, just as in EVERY other culture.

My instructor was one of the first Western students of Ark Wong in L.A.

There are no real secrets to those who really introspect into the underlying principles of fighting!

The only reason to pretend there are secrets and keep them from deserving students is for power and control reasons!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 06-30-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Textbook gi choke.
    BWahaahahaaha!! So all those guys teaching blocks with it got in wrong, huh? Bwhaahaaaa!!!

BTW, with a gi choke, you don't rotate forward. You pull inward. Not to mention the rest of it you got wrong.

Bwaahaahahaa!!

Anger and rage increase capacity to generate force.

The very best fighters channel their rage because they understand that while this increases power/strength/force generation it also leads to quicker fatigue.

I agree. As long as you keep it under control anger can be your friend in a fight.

My old instructor used to talk about the subject but referred to the anger/rage as one's "demon".

He'd always tell us stuff like, "Let your Demon out of the cage, but keep him on a leash", or "In a real fight you're gonna have to use your Demon".

It took me a while to REALLY apply what he was teaching.

Train Hard,
    Josh Skinner

BWahaahahaaha!! So all those guys teaching blocks with it got in wrong, huh? Bwhaahaaaa!!!

BTW, with a gi choke, you don't rotate forward. You pull inward. Not to mention the rest of it you got wrong.

Bwaahaahahaa!!
    two things-yeah, most of the "blocks' were actually strikes. Most of the guys who teach Karate in the states, learned only basics while stationed overseas. Shodan is a student rank, not a Master. When they returned stateside, they opened up schools, and taught what they knew-beginner's understanding.
    If you examine the "blocks" and look at the preparatory movements, you will see which is actually the defense, and which is the follow up.

two-there are more than one type of gi collar choke.
    Most people who have competed understand this
    step...
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

if ignorance is bliss, you must be fukin ecstatic...
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

!
    in all honesty, I have taught several high ranked Senseis and a few Sifus applications to their own forms, that they were not aware of.
    This is not uncommon as you may think. Too many people simply learn what their teachers taught, never think for themselves, never ask questions, never open a book, or do any research on their own styles, other systems, or cross-train.
    Really, it's not a big stretch...
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.