Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Wing Chun for Everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    ...I was sworn to never teach it outside my race. Which I promised and will never do.
    You comment speaks volumes, but leaves one question unanswered: Why do you bother to post in English on a public forum debating with gwai-lo?
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    You comment speaks volumes, but leaves one question unanswered: Why do you bother to post in English on a public forum debating with gwai-lo?

Oh, to remind us westerners that we dont REALLY have the real Wing chun.

How nice of him.

Wing Chun is for people who actually want to train in a system and maintain their healthy interest in kung fu for life. It isn't for the passing crowds that tend to exist more today than before. It isn't for the 'quick fix' generation that just want to learn a few sansau techniques either.
    But doesnt the whole Ng Mui legend talk about how it was developed as an effective self defense system,learnt in a short time compared to the traditional styles??

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    But doesnt the whole Ng Mui legend talk about how it was developed as an effective self defense system,learnt in a short time compared to the traditional styles??
    Dude, I could teach you and entire curriculum in one day but that doesn't mean you understand what I'm talking about! And wasn't Wing Chun already a Martial Artist when she met Ng Mui? Her father was her teacher, no?

Different course for different horses.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Oh, to remind us westerners that we dont REALLY have the real Wing chun.
    Truth hurts sometimes doesn't it?

Having Wing Chun passed to you verbally (in English) and somehow managing to get some sort of natural fighting ability from your time and effort is something that I think everybody will relate to. Even me.

But to be 'given' Wing Chun in it's natural tongue, written down and broken down into easy-to-remeber blocks for teaching purposes IS a totally different experience imho. Maybe that's all Jackies saying. He's been lucky enough to learn from the page.

But I couldn't say that this has not been shared with westerners, because I learnt like that too and so have many others (some post here!) But I will tell you one thing. I've seen guys progress so much quicker when they know the original cantonese language and curriculums.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

A great example of a Chinese/English curriculum imho some repeats and not the same as what I practise completely, but everything on there is familiar to me and my experience, as it should be to anyone who has gone through all the forms and weaponry imho.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

in reality, what I was looking for in kung fu I normally would not have picked wing chun as an option. It is only my sifu Grumblegeezer that keeps me sticking with the style. So in reality sometimes it comes down more to having the right sifu than having the right style I think. Just my two cents

3 years for wooden dummy training????? 4 years for Bil Jee???? You got to be joking!!! What a load of tat!!!!

GH

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    3 years for wooden dummy training????? 4 years for Bil Jee???? You got to be joking!!! What a load of tat!!!!

GH
    A sideways pot shot at Augustine Fongs curriculum G??

Then by all means share yours...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    A sideways pot shot at Augustine Fongs curriculum G??

Then by all means share yours...
    Sideways??? No it was full frontal!! Too complicated and teaching things to long after a student needs it!!! However if AF's students are only training once a week for an hour then I get it!!

GH

Sideways??? No it was full frontal!! Too complicated and teaching things to long after a student needs it!!! However if AF's students are only training once a week for an hour then I get it!!

GH
    It's not written in stone, largely up to the student. This is the traditional time frame. Correct foundation will cause you to plateau less in your progress...

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    It's not written in stone, largely up to the student. This is the traditional time frame. Correct foundation will cause you to plateau less in your progress...
    Traditional time frame? Don't make me laugh!

Traditional time frame? Don't make me laugh!
    laugh ? read the kwan sao thread from wc1277....I cant even reply due to the depth of bewilderment I feel for him.

Read $traditional$ time frame

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    laugh ? read the kwan sao thread from wc1277....I cant even reply due to the depth of bewilderment I feel for him.
    I did but there is no point in posting in that thread because all of what WC1277 (and those that agree) are talking about is nonsense.

So Kwan Sau is meant to be about untying from a bridged position eh?? Is it FOOK!!

GH

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Dude, I could teach you and entire curriculum in one day but that doesn't mean you understand what I'm talking about! And wasn't Wing Chun already a Martial Artist when she met Ng Mui? Her father was her teacher, no?

Different course for different horses.
    Dude, (are you serious), what would you teach me in a day?
    Fighting application?
    No, youd lecture me in HOW i should learn and not what i should strive for.
    You really are lost in your own nonsense.

Truth hurts sometimes doesn't it?
    Yeh right, truth from a pseudo intellect and a guy (jackie) who constantly goes on about his countless no-holds encounters...... im awed by you you 2

But to be 'given' Wing Chun in it's natural tongue, written down and broken down into easy-to-remeber blocks for teaching purposes IS a totally different experience imho. Maybe that's all Jackies saying. He's been lucky enough to learn from the page.
    That is the biggest load of nonsense i have ever heard. Your sycophantic drivel is whats wrong with TCMA today.

But I couldn't say that this has not been shared with westerners, because I learnt like that too and so have many others (some post here!) But I will tell you one thing. I've seen guys progress so much quicker when they know the original cantonese language and curriculums.
    And i see the westerners kick the "enlightened" butts constantly..... lets just hope their translation is right while they are getting belted