Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Let's bring this forum back in line

So, the limitation of the "ignore list" is that if we don't all do it and especially if you quote the person I ignore, the thread still gets derailed.

I've said this before, but I do what I do, not out of ignorance, but because I chose to. I'd love to be able to discuss it with knowable people and it seems like this would be a good place to do it. I know there are other people like me on here, if we would all ignore and disengage with people trying to prevent us from talking about CMA, then we might be able to make this work.

Alternatively, these forums need to be moderated, but it appears that's not going to happen.

So, individually using the ignore function is not enough, we're going to have to collectively do it if it's going to work. Just throwing it out there.

I agree with you! All it takes is one person to engage a Troll (which I myself will do) and the thread will get taken off track. But bear in mind that the Trolls will start by posting something somewhat reasonable to draw in the innocent and then from there go off on their agenda thus derailing the thread.

The best thing is to just ignore the side conversations on the thread and just interact with the reasonable people!

I wouldn't mind seeing an option that gives the thread starter some power over his own thread, at least the right to have a moderator implement some of his requests to keep thread somewhat on track.

Often the side conversations are just as interesting and informative as the main thread theme, so I would be against a strict adherence, but there must be some way to have some control over your own threads.

It would have to be used judiciously though or people to ban people from their thread just because they don't like what they say, even though they are not trolling!

Also what constitutes trolling is often in the eye of the beholder. Some of these guys I am sure do not consider themselves trolls!

TY Scott, I havent posted here in a while, and I come back and it got 3x as bad as it used to be... I think I will have to follow your advice. Maybe make a section just for trolls to talk **** to each other? like instead of off topic it can be the "be a vajay jay and talk sh#t behind a keyboard" thread.

Its only been really bad the last 2 or 3 weeks with the new guys that want to argue about everything. These things tend to even out in time.

One of them is starting to calm down on his own and the other will soon alienate so many people only newbies who don't know what a jerk he is will be interacting with him. Eventually, he will be almost universally ignored and fade away.

Right now he is just a novelty!

Be patient and pick the people who have something to offer in an educated conversation with you and just pretend the others don't exist.

you all practice Shao Lin similar to this one? Wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bREfc...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Its only been really bad the last 2 or 3 weeks with the new guys that want to argue about everything. These things tend to even out in time.
    you only need one people to crash the party or wedding (forum)

but 2 or 3 crashers at the same time

many forum sitters or obligate posters find it hard to post on all these crashing threads.

a jade to strike a stone, both are destroyed or yu shi ju feng

no way to save either party

hint: when 2 or 3 members are crashing one another

we may only stay back

--

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    one day my cousin took me to listen to an old guy to tell a story in front of the temple

I loved it instantly. it is called book/tale/story telling or shuo shu.

it was about 3 kingdoms, about lu bu, he got the fastest horse or red rabbit horse and square sky ji. he loved diao chan and lost his city and his head---

--

when it rained, nobody showed up, but we would still go and listen. the old guy would continue the story telling even thou sometimes there were no people around

"same time, same place tommorow" was his ending sentence.

he could mimic female, male, young and old voices, sort of one man show.

--

one day, he did not show. me and me cousin still went and waited for a long time

later, his grand daughter came and told us he passed away

--

days were never the same for me.

--

later his son started the same tradition at local radio station

but it was not the same

--

there was desk, a tea cup, and a piece of wood, --

--

I missed kung fu story telling the old fashion way

--

yes, kung fu story telling on the forum on the internet

not the same

not the same

I said.

--
    dude,that is so awsome. you got to witness a part of dieing or dead history. maybe you should try your hand at reproducing it for some younger crowd??? you just cant let something as classic as this die,if you can do something to help it.