Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling Roots

very cool stuff Wenshu.

Thanks for the share.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    yes, they are referred to by the traditional term "made up"
    I don't know if I buy that entirely, but I would suspect that chin na is a prime target for LARPers to make fraudulent systems of. These clowns here are doing it with Shui jiao.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/tigerstylekid

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    Nice. Finally someone posts about something that is real instead of the normal snake oil b.s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=756i6...eature=related

See how easy it is for them to show evidence of their techniques working against resisting opponents?
    This looks like more evidence that this doen't work unless the other guy lets you do it, otherwise it is mostly just and back and forth fighting muscle against muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by YiQuanOne View Post
    This looks like more evidence that this doen't work unless the other guy lets you do it, otherwise it is mostly just and back and forth fighting muscle against muscle.
    This is exactly what things look like when you have two skilled opponents going full force.

But please show your evidence for what "real" kung fu looks like when trying to take down resisting skilled opponents.

Thank you for providing additional evidence for further cluelessness of the kung fu crowd.

No wonder you guys come of as such a joke.
    Last edited by faxiapreta; 07-02-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faxiaNovice View Post
    Thank you for providing additional evidence for further cluelessness of the kung fu crowd.
    This is an alternate account of someone who has been banned from the forum already.

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    This is exactly what things look like when you have two skilled opponents going full force.

But please show your evidence for what "real" kung fu looks like when trying to take down resisting skilled opponents.

No wonder you guys come of as such a joke.
    Yes, two people resisting each other, just my point, no skill, just the stronger guy wins. Power against power, sounds like a high level art to me.

You made your point that you have no clue what a martial art is, and everyone knows by now that you are just a troll that is trying to side track threads.

Did your mommy not give you enough love?.

Blog Entries
    Yes, two people resisting each other, just my point, no skill, just the stronger guy wins. Power against power, sounds like a high level art to.
    You will be in dis-advance 輸把(Shu Ba) if your opponent has

- 1 grip on you, but you have no grip on him.
    - 2 grips on you, but you have only 1 grip on him.

When both you and your opponent have grips on each other, unless you break apart your opponent's grip (it takes strength), You have to use your grips to play both offense and defense. Sometime the dead lock situation can last for quite sometime. That's just the reality. To use the minimum amount force to achieve the maximum amount result can only work if your have much high level skill than your opponent does. If both have the same level skill, your opponent makes a move, you counter him, you make a move, your opponent countes you. Neither of you can generate speed and power. Wrestling could look like "bull fight" and not very pleasant to watch.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-02-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    You will be in dis-advance 輸把(Shu Ba) if your opponent has

- 1 grip on you, but you have no grip on him.
    - 2 grips on you, but you have only 1 grip on him.

When both you and your opponent have grips on each other, unless you break apart your opponent's grip (it takes strength), You have to use your grips to play both offense and defense. Sometime the dead lock situation can last for quite sometime. That's just the reality. To use the minimum amount force to achieve the maximum amount result can only work if your have much high level skill than your opponent does. If both have the same level skill, your opponent makes a move, you counter him, you make a move, your opponent countes you. Neither of you can generate speed and power. Wrestling could look like "bull fight" and not very pleasant to watch.
    Yes well put.

If skill set limited by external level, you will always be fighting like bulls. That is where higher level MA's come into play, it does not depend on external muscle to counter opponets muscle.

Most of these things are yang/yang, when yang/yin is what you want or yin/yang, never have yang meet yang, then bull fight.

If opponet not able to meet yang with yin, then bull fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    Of which systems? WC? Hung Gar? Praying Mantis? All of the above?
    Praying Mantis (tanglangquan) incorporates all four: ti, da, shuai, na.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Blog Entries
    If opponet not able to meet yang with yin, then bull fight.
    I strongly suggest "internal Qi" guys to compete in any Chinese wrestling tournament. There will be one coming up in 10/23 in Chicago. If you can win the championship in that tournament, all the Chinese wrestlers in US will all want to learn from you (how to use "internal" on the mat). That will be the best way to prove that "internal" is superior than "external".

Without trying yourself, it will be hard to understand why the Yin/Yang theory won't work well in the Chinese wrestling environment.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-02-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Finally, a post that makes sense. Bravo!

Why don't you post things like this all the time instead of simply trying to "defend TCMA"?

I strongly suggest "internal Qi" guys to compete in any Chinese wrestling tournament (there will be one in 10/23 in Chicago). If you can win the championship, all the Chinese wrestlers in the world will want to learn from you. That will be the best way to prove that "internal" is superior than "external".
    Internal qi guys don't compete because it proves the non-existence of their qi methods.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    I don't know if I buy that entirely,
    30 plus years, been around the globe including China, speak a few dialects and can read and write, WHERE is this chin na style?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    30 plus years, been around the globe including China, speak a few dialects and can read and write, WHERE is this chin na style?
    What about the White Crane Chin NA? I accept that you might have been around and what but you were probably not investigating Chin na specifically, correct? I am not saying that I know for sure because it isn't important for me to be sure. I know of some people discussing having specifically Chin Na instructors.

Wrestling could look like "bull fight" and not very pleasant to watch.
    yes. when both are with equal skills

then it is a test of the will

just like staring contest with eyes

whoever moves/blinks first or first hint of changing position

(you lose your balance when you change from one posture to another)

will lose

the other one will take advantage of this brief moment of opportunity

this is where all the yin and yang come into play.

--

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    What about the White Crane Chin NA? I accept that you might have been around and what but you were probably not investigating Chin na specifically, correct? I am not saying that I know for sure because it isn't important for me to be sure. I know of some people discussing having specifically Chin Na instructors.
    Are you referring to Yang Jwing Ming's books? Those are illustrations of part of the white crane system, not taught separately.

I have seen a book or two written about chin na exclusively. It's a worthwhile aspect of training but, frankly, it doesn't work without the other three aspects.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity