Thread: Goemon

Goemon

Super fun ninja movie if anyone is looking for that kind of ride. Watched this last night and had a good movie time of it.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I'd seen that at the store and wondered if it was worth it. Might have to check it out.

i would give it a chance, its not bad. lots of cgi, but thats because the whole movie is anime style in terms of how cool the ninjas are. some pretty sweet scenes in it...Nobunaga is sick in this movie. it also has hattori hanzo in it
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Is Goemon related to the Urban Ninja, or perhaps, the Dance Assassin?

That would be so totally sweet if he was. 'Cause ninjas are totally frickin' awesome, especially when they freak out and kill everyone.

http://realultimatepower.net
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

lol realultimatepower haha.

its sort of a robin hood story, at the beginning...then it becomes a story of revenge.

Sounds a lot better than Red Shadow, in which the first minute or two was good, then it turned out really poor (IMO), like a bad comedy. Yet a number of people seemed to like RS on the kungfucinema forum.

this one starts out with you going...hmmm...but then it quickly gets better. not much comedy involved, a bit, but mostly cool ninja action. some very picturesque scenes that are very beautiful.

This is just waiting for me in the Netflix instant cue. Must get to it soon.

ya i watched it on netflix intant queue. i think you will be pleased with the time spent watching it. some very visually stunning scenes and cool mixture of live action and anime style action. like hopping through the trees in the forset while having a mad shuriken battle and other super cool things. kind of reminds me of ninja scroll for some reason, all though that may just be the character goemon is similar to jubei in attitude
    Last edited by Lucas; 06-23-2011 at 08:11 PM.

I watched it and enjoyed it. The visual effects are pretty stunning. Yes, it is a live-action/CGI anime. IMO, the movie gets better the further it into it you get. If someone is looking for a 'traditional' ninja or samurai-type movie, forget it. If you enjoy watching a good fantasy-action film now and again, it's quit good. I wouldn't call it great, but I felt the time watching it was time well-spent.