Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Casey Anthony walks

I can't keep arguing with you KC. You have an opinion, and you have facts. So do I. And I respect yours. I'll close by saying in MY opinion, manslaughter, child abuse, and lying to police were proven, murder was not. Obviously 12 jurors and a minority of Americans disagree. But again, I respect your opinion and you for presenting facts to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post

Really?? Joe Hill would have been surprised to hear that.
    WTF Does Stephen King's son have to do with anything?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hill

A martyr who helped bring freedom to America before the New Age Fascists took it away.

I guess that's what they call the dominance of celebrity culture replacing law, history, education , reason etc.

Who's Stephen King's son?
    Don't tell me, I don't want, to know that was only rhetorical.
    Stephen King's son is named Joe Hill King, his pen name is Joe Hill. It was a writer joke. I do sometimes like to crack wise.

As for the Joe Hill you are referring to - he was a union organizer. Probably nearly as much of a leftist as me.

But I wouldn't expect an anarchist to be aware of something as unimportant as facts when ideology was on the line.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Stephen King's son was named after the Joe Hill we're discussing.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Stephen King's son was named after the Joe Hill we're discussing.
    I actually didn't know that. But it makes the joke all the better.
    Simon McNeil

I think it unfair that you are equating anarchists with the mentally ill. You are clearly thinking Chaotic Neutral.

Sure you do. It's the human element , beyond the lawyers, the robots , the technicalities and the blah blah

It's the insurance for justice for absurd situations such as this.

If the jury had been allowed to convict on feeling the case would be over, really over and justice served.

Actually, I thought they were allowed to convict if they thought the person guilty on circumstantial evidence I guess not.

This is the problem then, in the injustice system.

--->

Ah... so Jameson watches Nancy Grace and CNN Headline news .. after telling everyone he only watches the beaver channels.
    a conviction based on anything other than the evidence presented is against the judges instructions... that just isnt how the system is supposed to work... its one of the more fair systems BECAUSE it does all it can to eliminate that situation...

emotions hurt us far more than they help us...

they can convict on circumstantial evidence, biut only if they have no reasonable doubt... and the fact that nobody can say how, when or where this crime happened, there is tons of reasonable doubt... thats how your system works... love it or hate it, the rest of your options are far worse...

my issue is with the definition of "peer"... we are not all equal, we will never all be equal and i would hate to be judged by people i consider beneath me... on the flip side, i would rather be judged by those that i consider above me... its all so subjective tho... so what is in place now is the best choice i can think of...

A conviction on this case would be overturned. A jury arbitrarily deciding despite the case presented does nothing for justice in our system.

get ready to hate and flame me lol - in defense of being sexist!

many women i know are sexist. unfortunately only men recieve a negative correlation to that type of behavior. for some unknown reason its perfectly acceptable for women to be sexist and not men.

now, just to be clear, i do not discriminate based on sex. to many i would be considered 'sexist', but i merely feel i am 'old fashioned'

i think everyone is 'sexist' to an extent. not necessarily to the degree of discrimination, but in regards to believing that ones gender effects ones ability to do or perform certain things to a degree that differs from the opposite gender. this works both ways. do i truly believe the genders are equal? no way. not even a chance that men and women are truly equal in every way. its not possible. do i view women as inferior? no. as a fairer sex? yes. on average yes women are much more fair than men in many ways. there are many things women are much better at than men, and vise versa. so you see, i am equal in that i do believe women and men have seperate strengths in many many areas.

i hate the overly pc world we live in today. when the boat starts to sink who gets to leave first? women and children. you'll never hear a woman ***** about being equal under circumstances like that.

its all good and well until being the fairer sex works in favor then its back to not being entirely equal.

/flameon

where is my sword....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

@Jameison "twat"? I thought Canadians were disinfected for sexism? Aren't you in a state of political incorrectness with the established doctrine of your national image? They had better not let you on the stage at the rallies.

Does hating Americans make you feel more Canadian? Prejudice is a form of artificial identity empowerment, The more you pump it the less real it is and it always needs to be fed. Culture that is not benign is dysfunctional and needs to be abandoned.
    the fact that you think canada has any sort of national identity we all posses shows just how little you actually understand your closest and longest standing ally...

are you really slow enough to believe that "Canadians were disinfected for sexism"??? you dont seem like a moron... say it aint so!!!

PC is for idiots that cant rise above the artificial reality pumped in our faces day in and day out... reasonably polite is more than enough...

oh, and she is a twat... why deny such a simple truth... she is a waste of skin, doing very real harm to her "followers"... shes dangerous... many of her persuits are blind, and blind anything is pure ignorance... whether its blind justice, blind faith, whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    It was Jon Benet Ramsey.
    hey, werent they vindicated in the last few years??? or am i thinking of someone else???

those two were absolutely crucified by the press...

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    They had alot of evidence. The fact Casey did not report her 2 year old missing, the fact that her trunk smelled like human decomposition was testified to by at least 2 witnesses, including a retired cop. Traces of chloroform were found in the trunk. They showed her partying while she claimed to be looking for her kid. She lied to police about alot of things, her employment status, she said that Caylee called her on like the 30th day, and she lied about Zanaida Gonzalez (sp?) having Caylee. Then we have the searches for chloroform made when only Casey had access to that computer. Innocent people do not tell lie after lie after lie.

And remember, saying they had no cause of death is not a 'get out of jail card free'. We've seen people convicted when no body is even ever found.
    yeah, and they shouldnt have been convicted, and people should have cared... its just that the average cat doesnt really understand how the legal system works...

none of that proves murder? i could frame somebody easy, and leave far more d@mning evidence... they will look guilty, but they arent... should we convict coz they seemed odd?
    man, i hope i never end up in front of a jury with you on it...

so which one of you losers is sending that kunt all your money while she sits in jail?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    My point was we've seen convictions with alot less evidence. FYI, most legal experts are saying the prosecution did fine, they just got stuck with a bad jury. As to a death penalty case having hardline juries, that's not the case anymore than any other jury. The defense gets to strike plenty of potential jurors without any reason, and you can bet they strike the hardline types most of all. Hell, they even had a juror who admitted she doesn't like to judge people. How you can anyone say she is a hardline, and how did she even make it on to the jury?
    yes but in a death penalty case all jurors who dont agree with DP are released and only pro DP are left... how many pro DP cats do you know who arent law and order pro conviction type of people??? personally, i never met one... i doubt you have either... but i do know a ton of hardline law and order anti DP kinds of people...

if you can't convince 12 people who believe she is guilty and approve of the death penalty, then you done fukced up real bad... not one juror has since said they thought she was innoscent...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    ... not one juror has since said they thought she was innoscent...
    i havnt followed this much, are you saying post trial all the jurors on that trial said they thought she was not innocent but they found her innocent anyway?