Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Duty of Care

Lo Han #1 Guest

some people are just hopeless

for starters Boris i like your style, but you can't blame people like ego and goktimus, some people are just born hopeless, cause if goktimus couldn't handle an exercise like knock arms there's something rong there, and get this everyone he (goktimus) is an instructor in his school haha i mean what a disgrace, his master must realy be ashamed and can you blame him, i know i can't. and as for you pns minimus or eggy maximus or what ever you call your self if you would have reaserched it you would find that it took western medicine 600 years to improve on the chinese version of the human anatomy they realy were dumbfounded at how "suffisticated" it was but i geuss your ego is to big for you to research something like that and yes i am a G.P and yes for every body who is wondering about dit dao yes it does improve bone density anybody who thinks it can't penetrate to the bone is foolish cause it does.

Shaolin Temple Guest

goktimus you are kidding right...

What kind of northern praying mantis are you practicing? Are you on your knees in church praying or what?

In China and most countries that I know about, the style of northern praying mantis involves you standing in your horse-stance and a long wooden pole is used to break over your head, arms and legs. This is a conditioning technique that is from Shaolin temple...afterall, praying mantis is from Shaolin.

What kung fu do you do? Go to the Shaolin website and there's photos, evidence and lots of documentary proof of both Northern and Southern Shaolin. Here's something to improve your so-called wit is educated insolence (both of which I only see ignorance and lack of education...I feel sorry for your students in school...they are learning from a student teacher who does not even know the facts...oh dear...Amitabha...may Buddha enlighten you). There are two Southern Saolin temples both of which are documented to be established at the same time for when the north was being destroyed by the Manchurians, several monks fled to the South for the Hans were a stronger faction there compared to the north where Manchurian control was much more eminent there.

When the monks fled the north, some went to Fujian and some to Chengchou. So there...here's the evidence you seek.

Buddhism in here is about education not religion...if I was your teacher, I'll probably punish you but hang on...Muhammed you are right...it is okay to be different. Perhaps even Praying Mantis is too hard for you...you might get maiden's knees or should I be more scientific...Infrapatellar bursitis.

Ego...all I can say about you is...you schmuck!!! As a Doctor and medical scientist all I can say about you is even to this very day, modern science is now going backwards to using herbs and traditional techniques for modern science is very limited...it is only 200 years old compared to traditional Chinese medicine which is dated up to 5000 years old.

Here's an example...there's no western treatment for hepatitis except for immunoglobulin treatment and also cerebrovascular accidents (stroke...just to make it more simple for you...I hope I am not being to detailed for you...), there are lots of documented proof in the British Medical and American Medical journal that have shown that acupuncture is the "most proven effective therapy" for these two conditions.

Chinese herbal medicine as discussed here...dit da jow has always been a hush hush in the Israel and American special forces. they are called bone cement. In combat, if someone sprained their ankle, fractured their bones, you only need to apply some on their skin and it will be absorbed through for it is an ointment...fractures usually require 6 weeks to heal...bone cement shortens it to only 7-10 days...check it out yourself. It is used in modern day othopaedics...get you facts right.

here's the site...
    http://www.shaolin.nl/

I agree with someone above's comment...
    if you can't stand the heat...stay out of the kitchen.

Muhammed, perhaps we should start a day care centre for those two "special students...oh shucks...ga ga goo goo!!!"

Give it a rest...I cannot believe a person with sore hands can type so much. It takes more effort to type than to write...amazing...you might get RSI soon if you are not careful goktimus. Maybe then you can also whinge to the computer companies as well.

Amitabha

[This message was edited by Shaolin Temple on 02-11-01 at 05:29 PM.]

Something for everyone!

Boris the Blade: You're right. You don't know what I do. But are you refering to my KF practice or sexual orientation?

ABandit: Science does not make any geographic distinction. The laws of physics work the same way regardless of whether you're on Earth, the moon or Mars. Since you've said (in your earlier post) that Shaolin monks feel no pain when you hit their testicles - then prove me wrong by showing me that science is NOT uniform. Hit your own testicles 1,000 times and if 90% of the time it hurts, I will stand corrected on this occasion. A small price to pay for the advancement of science and a good chance to bruise my ego - don't you think?

Shaolin Temple: As a Dr. and medical scientist, what exactly do you research in? What papers have you published?

You said: "Here's an example...there's no western treatment for hepatitis except for immunoglobulin treatment and also cerebrovascular accidents (stroke...just to make it more simple for you...I hope I am not being to detailed for you...), there are lots of documented proof in the British Medical and American Medical journal that have shown that acupuncture is the "most proven effective therapy" for these two conditions"

Tell me the reference of the articles you're refering to. How wide is the use of acupuncture to stop the Hep virus - please elaborate!

You said: "As a Doctor and medical scientist all I can say about you is even to this very day, modern science is now going backwards to using herbs and traditional techniques for modern science is very limited..."

Science looks for active ingredients in all sorts of things to stop diseases. It doesn't make a distinction as to whether the substance has been used by Chinese or the Great Ardvark of the Amazon basin. In any case, why do you assume that what science is doing is going backwards.

You said: "it is only 200 years old compared to traditional Chinese medicine which is dated up to 5000 years old."

Sceince advances at an exponential rate. The discoveries and the increase in understanding over the last 100 years is unparallelled to the past. Surely as a scientist you know that! For the treatment of your patients, do you refer to the latest medical text or the writing of the ****her of Modern Medicine: Hippocrates? TELL ME!!!

Lo Han #1: As GP you should know that you need Calcium to strengthen bones. Calcium is ingested through substances like milk and cheese. And we do not absorb calcium through our skin!!!!!

Tell me Lo Han #1, what do you do with your cheese spreads?

Ego Maximize!

Fish of Fury Guest
    ego

calcium will only help strengthen bones if you are deficient in it.i believe from personal experience that dit da jow does help strengthen bones.please,don't assume you know everything.

read "the merck manual" (a standard physicians reference) and you'll see that there is virtually no treatment for viral hepatitis.
    on the other hand, do a search for silybum marianum (a herb) in the BMJ (british medical journal...it's online) and you'll find that herb has amazing actions on the liver, incl. raising it's ability to detoxify, protecting liver cells, and stimulating liver cell regrowth while not stimulating malignant cell replication.( i admit you may not necessarily always use silybum for hepatitis, but it can do things in the human liver no drug can)

also, i think you'll find that modern physicists are questioning some of the existing laws of physics, so you may find yourself left behind (i'm assuming...which i shouldn't do...that you're not a cutting edge physicist) :)

joedoe Guest

Enough

Ego,

I have come to the conclusion that I am wasting my time and energy trying to make a blind man see, especially when he won't open his eyes. I have decided instead, that maybe I should try to see things from your perspective. I would like to be more like you so I can understand you better.

So, my question is this: Did you do a Bachelor of Stupidity with a major in Closed Mindedness? Or was it a Masters in Verbal Masturbation? If so, is this a course offered only in American institutions? It must be a high-entry level course because I can't find a similar course in IQ-deprived Australia. The only thing that even comes remotely close is what we call a sheltered workshop. Can I do the course by correspondence?

Please help me to be more like you.

EGO Maximize!!!

Fish of Death

One day, I'm sure there will be nano-machines that will give your bones incredible strength. Maybe they can be applied on through a rub on lotion like your Dit Dar!

I did say that our knowledge base is expanding exponentially. it would be mathmethically inconsistent if I claimed to know everything.

Yes, it is the job of Physicist to question existing theories. Call me a cynic, but that's how they get their research funding. But seriously, in terms of cutting edge research, that's my area of interest. One of the key areas is looking at the length scales that are best explained by quantum, classical and relativistic theories.

Ego Maximize!

Boris Guest

Uh, Yuh, Yih...Now this is SAD

Has anyone here realised that Goktimus Prime and Ego Maximus are both the same person?
    I point you to exhibit A: Both have strange fetishes with Transformers. This is evident in the final tag of the Ego Maximus persona where he delcares quite stupidly "Ego Maximise". Clearly the sign of a wanker.

Exhibit B: Length and style of their correspondences. Both have the similar style of writing with the use of direct quotes as the giveaway to their singular identity. They both like to write alot about nothing, and horribly indepth at a non-argumentive discourse.

Exhibit C: The most ****ing of all : Ego Maximus' email address. EGO_Maxxximus@yahoo.com.au. What self respecting Yank would have an Australian email address? I let you the Jury, ponder that question, for Goktimus Prime is Guilty of impersonating other people badly and living a very sad life.

BTW Goktimus/ Ego/ Wanker, no I'm not after your sexual preference, because quitely clearly you are into the bondage stuff already with the triple X in your email address and your constant reference to it in your discussion. I have a very beautiful Girlfriend, Natasha, to go home to, so don't worry about me.

If you hold anything back, I'll kill you. If you bend the truth, or if I think you're bending the truth, I'll kill you. If you forget anything, I'll kill you. In fact, you're going to have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. I hope you understand everything

Fish of Fury Guest
    ego

if you are researcher, great. i have a lot of respect for science...i just don't believe it is the WHOLE truth.it is just one paradigm of understanding...if another system of thought has a different way of explaining something they are not necessarily wrong just because science has a different explanation.
    that would be very narrow minded.
    unfortunately "science" has become almost a replacement for religion in some people, with the same closemindedness and inability to THINK about the knowledge they aquire.

Shaolin Temple Guest

Okay goktimus, ego maiximus, ignoramus and patheticus...you wanted research papers, you asked for it

goktimus, ego maiximus, ignoramus and patheticus if you are all the same, shame on you...you coward…hopefully after you finish reading this, you may be enlightned by some new information.

Never argue against a Doctor when it comes to health and research papers…oh dear, did your pride back fire on you now?

I cannot believe a teacher such as yourself is so ignorant, narrow minded and emotionally influenced.

So you want papers…here we go. Hopefully this will educate you and maybe someone like you who is absolutely ill informed and lack facts should crawl back into your cave. That's where you belong. You are a teacher...sounds more like you are my student here. If you were in my class, I would not hesitate to fail you several times.

First you dispute the existence of Southern Shaolin…what is the matter? No more comments on that now after the link I gave you. That is the first to show your so-called wit is educated insolence. You are more of an uneducated twit and like I said before…I feel sorry for your students that they have a student teacher that is so ill informed, this is harmful to the students.

Regarding cross-referencing to research papers, do you ever read any of the medical ones? You find that a lot of references are made and researched into old treatment techniques now. E.g. leech therapy post-amputational reconstruction for prevention of avascular necrosis of the tissue involved. Before you jump up again and shout out loud prove it…let your well-trained toes (by now they should be extremely good at typing…) surf the net for leech therapy. Perhaps they will work wonders for your ego and your so-called sore hands.

Next you talk about increasing calcium via milk and cheese…what nutritional advice have you been getting? Are you an agent of the dairy industry? Probably explains your "calcium filled brain!" Too hard to allow new information in? All dieticians who are not sponsored by the dairy industry will tell you that this is not true. Such marketing ploy works wonders on ill informed and gullible people such as yourself. You get better sources from soy, almond and etc…fish of death is right about calcium…you? Disappointed…and you are a teacher? So have you been contributing your young students to the osteoporosis statistic?

Treatment of viruses, how about radical treatment and management in AIDS? Is that virus big enough for you? Can you handle it? How about the article by Liu Guanjun. Affiliated Hospital of Changchun College of TCM, Jilin l3002l, China (Acupuncture and some decoction, such as bazhen decoction, Prove it effective to treat AIDS) and also another article by:
    Clinical Acupuncture: AIDS By Wang Shaorong,1 Liang Chunyu 2 Shang Xiukui 2 ( 1Tianjin College of TCM; 2China Academy of TCM)

Here's more research papers for you. Maybe this will increase your database in your limited knowledge! With your attitude, skeptic nature, once again, what kind of teacher are you? You are supposed to be opened minded and listen and learn as much as possible and should research your own lack of information before you cry out loud…show me the papers…for a moment I thought I was quoting Jerry McGuire.

By the way, just because I am a Doctor and Medical Scientist does that mean I have to produce papers. Have you ever heard of the Australian version of FRACRS or FRACGP and etc. You can be a scientist but you don't necessarily have to produce papers do you. People who graduate from law, do they go on to practice law? Not always…most of my university friends graduated with law and are practicing management consultants…not lawyers…what a stupid comment.

Before you go ahead and dispel these papers as being invalid…read and dig it up first and then see for yourself in the material medica…these papers have been quoted in the British, Australian and American Medical Journals…and many many more. Perhaps you will still dispute it because you might come up with another sad excuse and criticize again.

Here's a classic one with references in western journals:

Treatment of depression:
    This has articles referenced in,
    Morris R.Developments of a water-maze procedure for studying spatial leaning in rats. J.Neurosci Methods, 1984,11:47-60.
    Siegel I,et al. The red cell immune system. Lancent, 1981,11: 556.
    World Journal Of Acupuncture-Moxibustion Vol.10 No.2, June, 2000, Experimental Research Influence of Electroacupuncture on Hypertension Vascular Dementia and Its Red Cell Immune Function in the Rat Mo Feizhi, 1. Li JianQiang, 2. Lei Liping, 3. Lai Xinsheng, 4. Liu Songhao
    (1. Quantum Electronics Institute of South China Normal University, Guangzhou, 510631
    2. Guangdong Provincial Hospital, Guangzhou 510407
    3. Guangzhou University of TCM and Pharmacology, Guangzhou,510407)

"Depression Treated with the acupuncture and increased changes of Immune Level of Cells"
    (By Liu Hechun, Zhao Xueying, Hu Qingju, Xu Daoxiong etc. from Institute of Mental Health, Beijing Medical University, Beijing 100083, China.) Now, show me a western medication that can increase immune cell count and treat depression. They manage not treat. If you check the good old MIMs, there's none yet. This is the paper that showed acupuncture opened closed off arteries post-cerebrovascular accident.

Hypertension:
    Clinical Observation on the Treatment of Hypertension by comparison of Western Medicine and TCM therapies, by Deng Qihua & Fu Wenzeng, from Henan Academy of TCM, Zhengzhou, Hennan, China…the results…why don't you find out for yourself…being a teacher that kind of research work is not too much for you…is it?

Stroke:
    Observation on the Therapeutic Effect of Enclosing Needling under CT Orientation for Treatment of Ischemia Cerebral Stroke and its Influence on Plasma Number by Li Yanhui, Jiang Ganghui, Pan Wenyu, (Dept. of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou University of TCM and Pharmacology, Guangzhou 510405, China). There's no western treatment for strokes at the moment except anti-coagulation therapy. Patients are left partially disabled or paralysed. In TCM patients have been shown to gain 81% reduction in signs and symptoms of the stroke.

"Needle Method in treating impotence"( Lun Xin, Rong Li, and Dai Wenjun from Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou 510405, China )… Show me a urology treatment that is non invasive compared to this.

To rub it in, there's more…
    Treatment of hyperlipidaemia…"Observation on Effect of TCM in Treating Cases of Hyperlipidemia, Hypercholesterolemia and Fatty Liver …By Yan Ruian, From Clinics of Xinrong Sanatorium of Sichuan Military Area, Chengdu, Sichuan 6l004l, China.

There's more even more on the treatment of:
    Rheumatoid arthritis (By Ran Ruijin, from Dali Medical College, Yunnan Province, 67l000, China).

Acupuncture treatment of menopause… Yunnan Traditional Chinese Medicine, #5, 1993.

Obesity (By Zhou Wenquan Gao Pu, Li Yuehua etc., From National TCM Center of Gerontotherapeutics, Xiyuan Hospital The China Academy of' TCM, Beijing l0009l, China)

Is that enough for you or do you want more?

pure killah Guest

watch how you act

listen goktimus/maximus now that i know who you realy are you better watch every thing you do cause ill beat the s**t out of you if you ever say anything like this again about the shoalin monks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>To put it quick clearly, the reason why the monks underwent such harsh training in the old days is because they were IGNORANT of modern scientific methods available today. But you do so (train like the ancient monks) out of STUPIDITY! [/quote]

now i dont know what game boris the blade is trying to play and quite frankly i dont give a f**k ill beat the s**t out of anyone who gets in my way if you thought you were a hell raser kelvin you can relax and stop trying to raise it cause ill send you there if you f**k with me again.

[This message was edited by pure killah on 02-12-01 at 01:47 PM.]

Lucky Red Guest
    i someone really belives that they can go thru
    life withhout getting Hurt they are just Stupid
    pain is a part of learning if u dont learn what is
    Dangerous and what Hurts .u make youre own Reality According to what you think is Reality
    that is Dangerous ive seen it

lets take an example of learning
    my father and his Friends was playing with a knife
    they threw it up in the air and the one that got
    the knife closest too his body won. well my father
    Won the knife hit his head. this was a important
    experince for him he never Played with Knifes Again This Story is True .he didnt really didnt
    Know what could Happen Before it Happened

burnt Child is Scared of Fire

conditiong is important it prevents Injuries!!!!

i hit a guy in the head with a Strike
    two of my fingers was Swollen for weeks
    if i had proper conditiong this would happen
    on a lesser scale or not at all

the Hardest Fight is the the one With yourself

Lo Han #1 Guest

thank you shaolin temple

as shaolin temple said soy is a greater source of calcium than dairy and even then it is very fragile inside the human stomach for example pns minimus if you eat a jar of cream cheese and 2 litres of milk thats alot more than your daily calcium intake but after that drink just one glass of coke and say good buy to all the calcium you just had, the caffeine and sugar will kill it all thus it's not a bad idea to seek more than one method to improve your bone dencity.

and as for the issue of you being pns minimus and cocksukin prime at the same time i realy dont blame you, after all if you didn't agree with yourself who else would i mean no person in there right mind would agree with your stupidass points of view

and to answer your question of what do i do with my cheese spreads something completely different from what you do with yours.

and it also looks like you got a couple of psychos on your hands hey guys how are ya boris and pure killer, and thanks for letting us in on that little fact borris :D

prana Guest

Peace

ABandit, Fish, Lohan, ShaoLin, Pure Killah, Muhhamad, Lucky Red and Van Damme.

I had the pleasure to come back to see the great philosophers, doctors and professionals that all of you are ! For I am just a student of this almighty art, I praise Buddha Sakyamuni and Gautama and all the subsequent Buddha's who's unexcelled Wisdom have been passed on to this day for our witness and for a chance to be shown the path.

I see a lot of great minds out there. Long live the Shao Lin temple. And may all beings, big or small, visible and invisible be happy.

Do not fear the great light of compassion on the third day of your path. Do not be enticed by the soft yellow lights of hell. May your red and white lights unite, and be one with the Wisdom of Buddhas. May all beings find peace and happiness.

And most of all, pardon my verbal bollocks that has taken up this section of the post.

Muhammad Guest

He can't help being special:)

Guys i think that we all know why goktimus is impersonating ego, as i said bfore he is weak and he knows that, we can't expect everyone to have the same ability as us, in the world there are people with lesser abilities, who cannot take as much pain, or understand simple concepts. Yes u all call him close minded and tease him, but it is not his fault that he can only handle a few concepts. We should all have spotted his inadequacy in dealing with new concepts early in the post, and help him along to understand and not tease him. Maybe one concept a day, but that too might be pushin him and might cause his head to hurt, and knowing his low tresh hold for pain we do not want to make him cry out "Oww, this is painful, stop it!".

so this is what we gotta do:)

WE ALL GOTTA ACCEPT THAT ALL PEOPLE ARE NOT BORN EQUAL, and so do not be angry at ego/goktimus he can't help it if he was dealt a bad hand in life. In the world of primates there are Humans and there are monkeys, and in the human world there are normal people and there is ego/goktimus.

We should all stop picking on ego/goktimus and say "it's all right to come out of your shell and be yourself, it is all right to be weak, it is alright to not understand and definately it is alright to be special:) "

I will always support the weak and lesser people, so ego/goktimus, it is allright, u have a friend here, and above all i understand:)

Peace

There is only one god and Muhammad is his prophet

Boris Guest

Pure Killah

Thanks for acting like a thug that I know you are but what the hell did I do to you?

I know you're close to Goktimus and are in Sydney, so what do you want? I am not playing any game here, if you want to play games load up Tekken Tag Tournament. So chill man. I haven't got no beef with you so why get so antsy with me?

I ain't no psycho, I just got suspicous so I checked the profile and checked what was previously written and compared it. No David Copperfield magic act really. I'm actually suprised that none of you realised that before. Still there could be a chance that Goktimus isn't Ego Maximus, a very slim chance and this is so some great coincidence but my BS detector is going out of control.

Anyway, my pleasure Lohan #1...It looks like Goktimus has stepped on more than enough toes in Sydney. Still, I don't know how he can call himself a martial artist, more chronic wanker I think.

If you hold anything back, I'll kill you. If you bend the truth, or if I think you're bending the truth, I'll kill you. If you forget anything, I'll kill you. In fact, you're going to have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. I hope you understand everything