Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: is this facts?

enough of these B$ stuffs,

Let's get into technical facts or else dont post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    CXW is nice enough to openly show the Chen's fajing mechanics. So, unless we know the mechanics we cant just jump in to critics based on our thinking.
    Are you referring to me? I didn't criticize that video. Maybe I didn't write clearly enough.

I'm just interested in the question that another poster raised. If certain very powerful strikes are slow to prepare are they combat effective? Too slow for real life? So maybe a good practitioner can set up the strike or even incorporate the set-up into how he receives and deflects the opponent's incoming force? Compress then expand.

Because in the push hands one thing they were drilling, a basic skill, was a lot like that. Accepting the incoming force while sinking and gathering, then expanding in return if you have a connection. It wasn't about striking but the rythm on the video looked similar.

Blog Entries
    I dont bring these up because this is the USA, I close my eye half. so, what is the point?
    I can understand your point and I respect your opinion on this.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    Are you referring to me? I didn't criticize that video. Maybe I didn't write clearly enough.

I'm just interested in the question that another poster raised. If certain very powerful strikes are slow to prepare are they combat effective? Too slow for real life? So maybe a good practitioner can set up the strike or even incorporate the set-up into how he receives and deflects the opponent's incoming force? Compress then expand.

Because in the push hands one thing they were drilling, a basic skill, was a lot like that. Accepting the incoming force while sinking and gathering, then expanding in return if you have a connection. It wasn't about striking but the rythm on the video looked similar.
    2 points

1. CXW showed is called yun qi and yun gong or mobilization your qi or mobilization of your gong. not really to strike anything, but you may feel the power all over the body. the theory is started from dan tian and rotation or spirals outward toward the rest of the body. it would show naturally turing of the spine/waist, shoulder, elbow then arm/wrist.

it is not to strike anything in the air.

2. pushhand basics, 4 fronts and 4 corners, need to practice your stepping and facing toward the 8 directions first

then practice rotation of the waists

then practice the shoulder, elbow and wrist rotations

before any partner work/practice.

nope , just as general. dont worry.

I'm just interested in the question that another poster raised.

If certain very powerful strikes are slow to prepare are they combat effective?

Too slow for real life?

So maybe a good practitioner can set up the strike or even incorporate the set-up into how he receives and deflects the opponent's incoming force?

Compress then expand.

What this person wrote is problematic because obviously he doesnt know Chen's fajing. that is the reason he comes out with that view.

and also this person fail to understood when CXW does the fajing, CXW's purpose is to show every mechanics clearly and slowly. in real life it is not like that, as CXW said himself, those stuffs with fix posture are just for practicing in the begining. once one get it, one does fajing or explode at any contact point.

if you do a search in CXW's youtube clip long enough you will come to what I am saying here.

Personally, I find, internal martial art is already very difficult to comprehend not to mention if we keep adding our 5Cents which is out of the blue. that will make the art even distorted.

The bottom line in push hand practice is to practice "follow". That is not the same with fajing practice.

These stuffs are difficult to grasp and complex in its mind-body mechanics even it looks simple, if we dont have a good teacher and spend lots of time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I can understand your point and I respect your opinion on this.

No problem.

Yes!

This is great!

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    2 points

1. CXW showed is called yun qi and yun gong or mobilization your qi or mobilization of your gong. not really to strike anything, but you may feel the power all over the body. the theory is started from dan tian and rotation or spirals outward toward the rest of the body. it would show naturally turing of the spine/waist, shoulder, elbow then arm/wrist.

it is not to strike anything in the air.

2. pushhand basics, 4 fronts and 4 corners, need to practice your stepping and facing toward the 8 directions first

then practice rotation of the waists

then practice the shoulder, elbow and wrist rotations

before any partner work/practice.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    2 points
    Thanks for the helpful info on both points. I've been doing 24-form (not the wushuized version) for about two years with the group, and nei-gong and weekend seminars. When I get invited to try pushhands it's more like being coached by a more advanced student or the teacher; or two beginners trying to find and keep the connection through our joints and into each other's spines (or as far as we can go). No regular systematic training though unfortunately. They keep talking about getting it going again. Hope they do.

in real life it is not like that, as CXW said himself, those stuffs with fix posture are just for practicing in the begining. once one get it, one does fajing or explode at any contact point.
    This sounds a lot like something the teacher at the seminar was saying. They wanted us to maintain the kind of structure and connection we felt (or strived to have) from the push hands throughout every point of the form so that in can be carried through movement and be ready anywhere contact is made. It's basic but still too high level for me since I still have tension issues especially around the shoulders. But it's useful to have a clear goal to aim for.

Actually a weird thing... after 5 days pretty intense training it felt like my tension issues in the training were identical with emotional tension issues that concerned my whole life.

Amazing stuff.
    Last edited by rett; 07-07-2011 at 01:36 PM.

S facts if he is a Xing Yi decendent. if he is not he has just make enermy with all the Xing Yi and Yiquan on what he posted.

You have certainly gone out of your way to make an enemy of me.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    No, he does that to everyone who doesn't drink his koolade!

Like I said before, he is psycho, and has very poor social skills!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post

Who cares, you don't have anything of value to post!

Quote Originally Posted by YiQuanOne View Post
    What is not of value for one person may be of value to another! I find little value in what you or Hendrik post, although you are likable and Hendrik is just a jerk with psychological problems and an inability to reason!

Both of you guys seem to think that those of us who don't agree with you cannot understand because we haven't "this or that" and only if we had "this or that" we would understand just like you do!

And when we say, "Yes, we have 'this or that" and many times!", you rationalize our comments in order to invalidate them in your own minds!

It is okay to disagree and it is from being challenged that we are given the opportunity to examine and re-examine our experiences and the conclusions we have drawn from them.

So, if for no other reason, SimonM and people like myself and YouKnowWho, etc, provide a service/benefit for you, and people like you, and a counter balance to people like Hendrik.

The measure of your marital arts is its ability to accomplish what your goal for it is, for some this is self defense, for others it is self-realization, for others it is fitness. The same thing applies to being being intellectually challenged! It influences individuals to reflect and examine their presumptions and conclusions about their experiences. What they choose to do with it is up to them, but without it, if all we did was surround ourselves with "Yes" people, we would not learn much outside of our own little fantasy worlds!

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post

Actually a weird thing... after 5 days pretty intense training it felt like my tension issues in the training were identical with emotional tension issues that concerned my whole life.

Amazing stuff.

mind and body are a coin with two faces. there are lots of things we dont know about our body. so, the training of quiet our mind is very good one for our body to speak to us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuQL_9OS0uo

Quote Originally Posted by YiQuanOne View Post

let's focus in only technical discussion and ignore all other stuffs.