Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: is this facts?

Again, Yiquan in a nutshell:

• Standing stake meditation.
    • Forms that involve wildly flailing the arms with no associated movement past the shoulders - in other words a lack of the whole-body integration one would expect from an "internal" fighting style.
    • A guard that places both elbows consistently level with the defender's chin, leaving the lower body effectively undefended.
    • Elbows stuck WAY out, which any grappler or sword player will tell you is just about the WORST thing to do defensively.
    • Pushing and shoving disguised as throwing (it is not).
    • Cheap, easy to replicate, tricks performed on compliant students used as demonstration of internal power.
    • Protestations that anybody who disagrees "just doesn't know." Which, I'm sorry, don't cut it this time.
    • Ancient = better Orientalism.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    So-called humble opinions rarely are.

As for the level of home-work you believe I completed to form my opinion, I honestly don't give a fiddle.

Humble because there are many who has the Kung fu such as SPJ and I dont know it all.

reading you post, you sure can do all the good talk and great reasoning.
    you also seem to love to reason and speculate whatever you like , be it you know or you dont.

however, you dont have the Kung fu in this case on Xing Yi and Yiquan, so what to discuss?

So, since this is a Kungfu Forum, you know where you stand.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-06-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Right, I don't have the kung fu because you say so.

You got nothing.
    You have no response to my questions. You have no response to my critique. STFU.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by YiQuanOne View Post
    I don't think you can explain anything to these guys.

They need to go out and experence some one throwing them around using no effort, then you can talk to them.

If you guys never experence it, it is hard to believe it excists.
    Why do you presume we haven't? I have been thrown around, long enough to figure out the biomechanics and to make it so I cannot be thrown around any longer, unless I allow it!

Therefore I MUST have Anti-Qi!

Kind of like Anti-Matter, ONLY BETTER!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 07-06-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    why do you presume we haven't? I have been thrown around, long enough to figure out the biomechanics and to make it so I cannot be thrown around any longer, unless I allow it!
    Well because we haven't spent 10 years standing perfectly still BEFORE we started getting thrown around. Therefore we don't have The Real Kung Futm.

Funny thing is that my critique of Yiquan was largely based around the premise that what is SEEN violates the principles of "internal" martial art, unless "internal" is taken to mean "magical."

Same with your statements.

Neither Yiquianone nor Hendrick are willing to address this critique.
    Simon McNeil

The people you are debating are interested in CMA, in Chinese culture, philosophy and religion.

If you look at my book shelf you'll find the Dedaojing, the Analects, the Zhuangzi, the Sunzi, several ch'an texs from China and Vietnam, a copy of the Qran (but, of course, the Islamic influence on Chinese thought isn't likely something you will want to admit to), the Anecdotes About Spirits and Immortals, Sanguo Yanyi, etc.

I am not ignorant of the Asian mystical tradition or it's religious and philosophical origins boyo, regardless of what you want to think.

I'm also a rational sceptic and prefer to be shown some sort of proof of efficacy.

Any proof. I'm not being particularly picky. But I haven't gotten proof from you, just attitude and dispersions about my level of erudition. And that got my back up.

So, you know what, put up or shut up.

Books reading understanding, no matter how many books you read, those are just one's speculation according to one's mind set. it is said 死读书 dead reading. The most of this type of people are just books worm which is no can do. one can read tons and tons of these type of people in the Chinese history.

you know, your issue is you dont have any 正传 or proper transmission. in Kung Fu, no proper transmission, no cultivation means not even entering the door, not entering the door means no kung fu.

speaking of Chan, you read the books,
    You think Shen Hui of Shao Lin is so stupid to stand in the snow and chop off his own arm just to beg Damo for Zen's proper transmission or 正传? he can just read a few books and sutras while he does what he does?

think twice.

from your posts, you obviously have never studied under the real sifu who has the proper transmission who passing the transmission to you.

On another hand, you want to talk about Yiquan's strenght and weakness? just reasoning like you do is not good enough because those are just empty talk.

the real deal is could you using modern physics to identify how many different type of momenentum generation mechanics exist in Yiquan's standing stake while practice the hun yun lik?
    How many is Xing Yi's San Ti Shi? how many in a boxer's punch? how many in an mmA's take down.....etc?

you want go real, tell me how many of them?

if one cant even identify these momentum generation mechancis, that means one is doing blind practice. as in any engineering blind practice with no parameters control cannot have good repeatability, not to mention without knowing these doesnt know the boundary. and without boundary condition one just flying blind.

Flying blind is no kung fu. kung fu is precise and concise and evoke at will.

your rational mind doesnt worth much in the eyes or real kung fu practioner with proper transmission in Xing Yi and Yi quan.

Kung fu is not a philosophy not a culture but some thing real which could stand the details analysis in a physics lab and evoke at will when needed.

So, Chinese Kung Fu? you havent seen yet. In my humble opinion, humble because there are lots of croching tiger and hidden drangon in this world and I dont know it all.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-06-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Books reading understanding, no matter how many books you read, those are just one's speculation according to one's mind set. it is said 死读书 dead reading. The most of this type of people are just books worm which is no can do. one can read tons and tons of these type of people in the Chinese history. they have big ego and big pride but no can do......
    While you speculate about what you THINK other people know first hand or not! If it doesn't agree with you, if it doesn't come from some nutcase Master you approve of, it MUST be book learning, because only the magnanimous, AND humble, Hendrik KNOWS what is best and true!

from your posts, you obviously have never studied under the real sifu who has the proper transmission who passing the transmission to you.
    I've had it up to here with your "humble opinions" b!tch.

You want to know about my Sifu? Read the September / October 2010 issue of KFM. He's profiled there. You are an ignorant, deluded, little LARPER and I'm done with you.
    Last edited by SimonM; 07-06-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: fact check.
    Simon McNeil

the real deal is could you using modern physics to identify how many different type of momenentum generation mechanics exist in Yiquan's standing stake while practice the hun yun lik?
    How many is Xing Yi's San Ti Shi? how many in a boxer's punch? how many in an mmA's take down.....etc?

The whole argument would be null in void, and you would be the winner if you would just explain how modern physics explains the many different types of momentum generated during standing on stake. Why havent you?

I've had it up to here with your "humble opinions" b!tch.

You want to know about my Sifu? Read the September / October issue of KFM. He's profiled there. You are an ignorant, deluded, little LARPER and I'm done with you.

You cant even take reality check.

name dropping got nothing to do with 正传 or proper transmission. famous people also got nothing to do with 正传 or proper transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by tiaji1983 View Post

The whole argument would be null in void, and you would be the winner if you would just explain how modern physics explains the many different types of momentum generated during standing on stake. Why havent you?
    Tiaji1983 if tweedledeluded and tweedlemouthboxer were willing to discuss the underlying physics this wouldn't be such an issue. I've asked repeatedly for them to explain the Yiquan tendency to move the arms without turning at the back or hips, to explain how this is in keeping with "internal" power generation principles, or ANY power generation principles in fact, and the response has been insults to me and then to insult my Sifu. I do not take such insults lightly.

They aren't interested in any real discussion. They just don't want their fantasies interfered with and, with heaps of internet courage the brave mouthboxer Hendrick is perfectly willing to insult anybody who challenges his fantasies of real ultimate power!!!
    Last edited by SimonM; 07-06-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Simon McNeil

your rational mind doesnt worth much in the eyes or real kung fu practioner with proper transmission in Xing Yi and Yi quan.

Kung fu is not a philosophy not a culture but some thing real which could stand the details analysis in a physics lab and evoke at will when needed.

So, Chinese Kung Fu? you havent seen yet. In my humble opinion, humble because there are lots of croching tiger and hidden drangon in this world and I dont know it all.
    If Xing Yi and Yi quan can stand the details of analysis in a physics lab then they ARE rationally based and the rational mind IS WORTH MUCH to a REAL KUNG FU PRACTITIONER!!

You don't actually think before you post something do you?

Well this all went well for yiquan.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

You don't actually think before you post something do you?
    No, he doesn't.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by tiaji1983 View Post

The whole argument would be null in void, and you would be the winner if you would just explain how modern physics explains the many different types of momentum generated during standing on stake.

Why havent you?
    why havent me?
    because winning is not my goal.

let me tell you,
    there are 4 types or more in Yiquan and ancient power/momentum generation.

using these basic 4 types, one could control the acceleration, momentum trajectory, momentum transfer, and penetration.

any one who claim to have good fajin or dealing with momentum knows how to handle these. otherwise, one simple flying blind.

Thus, i dont buy the BS or sung and knowing mechanics can fajing. those are just BS from those who has no idea what is going on.

so what is the 4 types? do you know? how to handle them? how is your body condition to generate them? Dont give me Sung. those means nothing.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-06-2011 at 11:10 AM.