Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: is this facts?

Quote Originally Posted by YiQuanOne View Post
    If your instructor is good , how come you know so little?.

Let's not get the instructor in.

it is just a technical discussion. I am totally open for anyone to really technically discuss the pro and con of yiquan or anything.

2 things

1. power generation, if not careful, you hurt yourself first, you rotate your waist too hard, you hurt your spine. you inhale or exhale too hard, you burst capillary in your lung, or nose bleed--

Hence why you start slow, and dont try so hard, just let it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Let's not get the instructor in.

it is just a technical discussion. I am totally open for anyone to really technically discuss the pro and con of yiquan or anything.
    The guy dosn't have enough knowledge to participate in discussion.

Maybe his instructor has not told him yet because he is not ready.

I agree about the levels of sung. I agree I need to be more sung. BUT as far as multi dimensional force vectors are a mechanism of the body, so they can be explained. Unless your just saying its qi. then its not a mechanism of the body but something more.
    multi-dimentional force vectors is a different stuffs with Qi.

multi-dimentional force vectors playing just means one is aware and manipulate the multi-dimentional force vectors in ALL direction in the same time at once.

unless your body is transform that way, you mind will not be able to comprehend what this means.

My understanding of dong jing is understanding jing, not meaning to understand jing, but to understand your opponent. You can train that simply by watching dust fly as you sweep a room. its ability to understand your opponent. first its in push hands, then its without contact, then its knowing what your opponent is doing before they do it. I have some understanding jing, just havent mastered it yet.

That is your brain and mind's speculation. get to the levitation level and then experience what it is. speculation is only lead you into trouble and really useless when facing a strong non linear momentum.

power doesnt comes from body structure.
    In physics, power is the rate at which work is performed or energy is converted.

This above just show you are not in the Dong Jing level yet and doing the same with the external art people.
    -- hendrik

If you do not have body structure. you can be easily pushed over. I hope your not serious about that.
    Those body structure stuffs as my brother sifu Robert Chu brought up in WCK's world to educate people are just beginner stuffs. those are static and external.

in the real figthing everything is keep changing and moving so one needs to get into the Dynamic level where no forms. as it says

气連心意隨時用, 打破身式無遮攔

Qi link with intention could be evoke-able at any time, momentum not bound by structure and it is un-stopable flow."

Finally, we just cant be naive. there are lots of stuffs and level to go....that is kung fu a life long journey. I am not even a Yiquan or Taiji guy, I am a Wing Chun guy. and I see so much benifit these others art offer.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-06-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Im aware Im not at the top yet. My short term goal is just to be able to beat my teacher. But I dont want to spend time training things that are not practical. I sink standng and moving. If there is a straight force coming in, moving, I can stop it, If its a circle force, I move into it, if they grab, I flow with it. All while sinking so they cannot push me back. Even if were struck, we train to take the punch, and go with it, either let it roll off or move with it, and use that momentum to strike, for example, they connect with your in the stomache, bend and let it come in, use play the lute to break the arm. We also do iron wire for that. But saying that one day I will get to a level where I can stand up without sinking and no one can move me is not practical and I wouldnt risk training with that in mind. Sinking is not part of a form, and practicing forms is to become formless.

Quote Originally Posted by tiaji1983 View Post
    Im aware Im not at the top yet. My short term goal is just to be able to beat my teacher.

But I dont want to spend time training things that are not practical. I sink standng and moving. If there is a straight force coming in, moving, I can stop it, If its a circle force, I move into it, if they grab, I flow with it.

All while sinking so they cannot push me back. Even if were struck, we train to take the punch, and go with it, either let it roll off or move with it, and use that momentum to strike, for example, they connect with your in the stomache, bend and let it come in, use play the lute to break the arm.

We also do iron wire for that. But saying that one day I will get to a level where I can stand up without sinking and no one can move me is not practical and I wouldnt risk training with that in mind. Sinking is not part of a form, and practicing forms is to become formless.

anyone who does internal art knows, one just surrender and let God make the call. the rest is false thinking and ego.

Good luck in you path.

one just surrender and let God make the call.
    Here's the crux of your problem right here.

Any martial art that leaves it in the hand of the invisible sky giant is fundamentally flawed.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post

Any martial art that leaves it in the hand of the invisible sky giant is fundamentally flawed.
    i don't think hendriks is referring to an invisible sky giant when talking about god.

without getting too much into defining "God" or going into philosophy or whatever, what we do know is that in learning martial arts, conquering one's ego is paramount, for it often obscure our view of reality and hides the obvious solutions.

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    I don't know enough about, nor have I trained in, Yi Quan / Da Cheng Quan, to comment about the system.

However I do enjoy ZZ practice and find it beneficial.
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post

Speaking of Chinese internal practice,

If this is Chinese forum I would use the word Dao.
    since it is an western forum I use the word God.

Let Go and Let God be or surrender to God has no different with the following.

Chapter 29 --Dao De Ching

Do you want to improve the world?
    I don't think it can be done.

The world is sacred.
    It can't be improved.
    If you tamper with it, you'll ruin it.
    If you treat it like an object, you'll lose it.

There is a time for being ahead,
    a time for being behind;
    a time for being in motion,
    a time for being at rest;
    a time for being vigorous,
    a time for being exhausted;
    a time for being safe,
    a time for being in danger.

The Master sees things as they are,
    without trying to control them.
    She lets them go their own way,
    and resides at the center of the circle.

also, anyone who really cultivate internal art knows ,心静 順自然 不可作意,
    mind is quiet, let natural take its corse and never using Yi to force it. otherwise, one is going to run fire and enter demon.

as I have mention previously on
    proper transmission or 正传.

Proper transmission and proper practice means one follow one single teaching. 心静 順自然.mind is quiet, let natural take its corse

also as it said,

拳无拳,意无意,无拳无意是真意

martial art is no longer martial art, intention is no longer intention, No martial art no intention is the true intention.

武术练到了化境,

When one's martial art kung fu attain to the level of transformation

伴随而来的是举手投足均能收到技击效果。

any move has the fighting effect and result.

拳脚用不着摆好动手的架式,

There is no need in any posture or shape.

思想用不着做好应对的准备,

There is no need to make any kind of preparation in one's mind.

So, without cultivating 心静 順自然. mind is quiet, let natural take its corse, there is no way to arrive at 拳无拳,意无意,无拳无意是真意.

proper transmission means start from the day one until the rest of the life one only perfecting one thing. instead of doing one thing, thinking another, and dreaming another.

so, if you speaking other stuffs? I dont know, but speaking Chinese Internal martial art training, again, you missed the proper transmission 心法 or heart method.

any one wants the real deal that is how the real deal goes for Internal cultivation.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-06-2011 at 03:34 PM.

multi-dimentional force vectors is a different stuffs with Qi.

multi-dimentional force vectors playing just means one is aware and manipulate the multi-dimentional force vectors in ALL direction in the same time at once.

unless your body is transform that way, you mind will not be able to comprehend what this means.

That is your brain and mind's speculation. get to the levitation level and then experience what it is. speculation is only lead you into trouble and really useless when facing a strong non linear momentum.

Those body structure stuffs as my brother sifu Robert Chu brought up in WCK's world to educate people are just beginner stuffs. those are static and external.

in the real figthing everything is keep changing and moving so one needs to get into the Dynamic level where no forms. as it says

气連心意隨時用, 打破身式無遮攔

Qi link with intention could be evoke-able at any time, momentum not bound by structure and it is un-stopable flow."

Finally, we just cant be naive. there are lots of stuffs and level to go....that is kung fu a life long journey. I am not even a Yiquan or Taiji guy, I am a Wing Chun guy. and I see so much benifit these others art offer.
    It must take some efforts to keep this pigeon English stuffs going. I hope the roleplay is getting you something. It's ok - I know
    It's not worth a penny!

Blog Entries
    拳无拳,意无意,无拳无意是真意

martial art is no longer martial art, intention is no longer intention, No martial art no intention is the true intention.
    I'm sorry to say that this kind of thinking will bring TCMA all the way down to hell. Combat is to

- plan ahead of time.
    - hide your preparation without letting your opponent know.
    - set your oponent up.
    - bring your opponent into your trap.
    - use your strength to against your opponent's weakness.
    - use your opponent's leading arm to jam his back arm.
    - give your opponent as little choices as possible.

How can you say that "no intention is the true intention"?

When GWB attacked Iraq, did GWB have "intention"?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-06-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Water-quan View Post
    It must take some efforts to keep this pigeon English stuffs going. I hope the roleplay is getting you something. It's ok - I know

I dont know what you are talking about. but I am always open for suggestion.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-06-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post

However I do enjoy ZZ practice and find it beneficial.

Me too.

Makes you stronger, builds good focus.

Too much though...not so good.

10 min. on training days (20 min on "active rest"days) is more than enough.

Train Hard,

Josh Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I'm sorry to say that this kind of thinking will bring TCMA all the way down to hell. Combat is to

- plan ahead of time.
    - hide your preparation without letting your opponent know.
    - set your oponent up.
    - bring your opponent into your trap.
    - use your strength to against your opponent's weakness.
    - use your opponent's leading arm to jam his back arm.

How can you say that "no intention is the true intention"? When GWB attacked Iraq, did GWB have "intention"?

what the Chinese ancestor address is not thinking, that is beyond thinking.

it is asking one to get to the state that everything is martial effective and one can make use of every situation as water just flow.

unless one has attain the transformation state to drop one's mind and use the awareness. one really dont know.

You know where your fear and stress comes? it comes from you are afraid your plan fail. also can life be plan ahead? you think so but what is the facts?

if you want to talk war, I dont know. but if you want to talk Chinese Internal art then that is how it is as it is.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-06-2011 at 04:02 PM.