Thread: Yi Quan sparring

Yi Quan sparring

As if by timely magic, this has recently been posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPoSedV6N1M

I found it to be poor, personally. There seems to be a disconnect between theory and practice. While the theory may have benefits (yet to be shown) I think this demonstrates the problem with not emphasising practical fight craft enough.
    It's not worth a penny!

was that really sparring? IDK so i ask.

Ah, the Yang Lu Chan method, if you are 100 lbs bigger you can push people around the room and call it "chi"!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    was that really sparring? IDK so i ask.
    Well sort of, I guess.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Ah, the Yang Lu Chan method, if you are 100 lbs bigger you can push people around the room and call it "chi"!
    Especially if the guy you a demonstrating with seems to known nothing about pummeling for over/under hooks or head/arm control.

this is the problem with out of shape fat instructors trying to teach what the dont practice themselves.

he cant even talk cuz hes out of breath by doing nothing, yeah I want to take advice from someone like that
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

They did not even need the gloves and helmet.