Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swaui jao no good. Judo so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    OK, if the high level Judo people don't use the hand-slapping breakfall and, if as stated elsewhere on this thread, it's dangerous to use on a hard surface, then why train it at all? As one of my eskrima instructors is fond of saying, "watch out how you practice, since that's you will try to move in a fight".
    It's used in throw technique practice only. Basically, when you are doing throwing drills and allowing the opponent to throw. It's the best way of landing to absorb the force in this environment. You'll rarely see it in practice or competition.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    what fucking video at you looking at?
    any vid that makes him right in his own mind.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    OK, if the high level Judo people don't use the hand-slapping breakfall and, if as stated elsewhere on this thread, it's dangerous to use on a hard surface, then why train it at all? As one of my eskrima instructors is fond of saying, "watch out how you practice, since that's you will try to move in a fight".
    In my limited experience, it has to do with compliance. I always slap out when practicing compliant throws whereas when free sparring I am too busy trying to stay off my ass to remember.

next world championships is set for the Ankara Sports Hall from October 6 to 15, 2011 in Ankara, Turkey.

pictured below

Last one was held at Ricoh Coliseum in Canada, it just seats 8140 spectators....
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 07-08-2011 at 12:45 PM.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Pfft. 1000 people? You wish.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    No you aren't. It puts you in a worse position in terms of getting pinned.

Without the slap, you would end up more on your side and it would be easier to move to the turtle position.
    Yeah, what the **** would a shodan in Judo and someone that was nationally ranked and almost made it on the Canadian judo team know.

You arguementative twat, LOL !

When you are beginning, the slap not only disipitates the force of the fall, but allows you to "break" the momentum of the throw, so that you are in a better position to counter the pin.
    The turtle is, and always has been, a "fall back" position and NOT the one you want to be in after a throw.
    Falling on your side gets you pinned, arm barred and tea bagged, not to mention potato sacked.
    Of course as you get better, holding on becomes a better and more aggressive option.
    The slap also makes sure you are is free to counter and reposition yourself better when you are a novice.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Yeah, what the **** would a shodan in Judo and someone that was nationally ranked and almost made it on the Canadian judo team know.

When you are beginning, the slap not only disipitates the force of the fall, but allows you to "break" the momentum of the throw, so that you are in a better position to counter the pin.
    The turtle is, and always has been, a "fall back" position and NOT the one you want to be in after a throw.
    Falling on your side gets you pinned, arm barred and tea bagged, not to mention potato sacked.
    Of course as you get better, holding on becomes a better and more aggressive option.
    The slap also makes sure you are is free to counter and reposition yourself better when you are a novice.
    Twat did you say?

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Twat did you say?
    Hey, I add the LOL, it was just being silly, that's all.

Bullh!t. You won't even see beginners doing this in competition because it gets them pinned.

The turtle is not the position to be in after a throw? Really? Where'd you get that?

Then what ground position in judo, other than the guard, is better than the turtle on the bottom ground. And why do some many judo players go there on the bottom ground position?

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    Bullh!t. You won't even see beginners doing this in competition because it gets them pinned.

The turtle is not the position to be in after a throw? Really? Where'd you get that?

Then what ground position in judo, other than the guard, is better than the turtle on the bottom ground. And why do some many judo players go there on the bottom ground position?
    You reading sucks:
    I said:
    It is a fall back, you don't really want to give your back to your opponent if you can help it.
    Common sense dude, seriously.
    If it was that great a position, you wouldn't be force to it when you get penalized.

If you believe that after an throw like an uchi mata that the turtle is where the thrown person WANTS to be in, well...
    Good luck with that.

next world championships is set for the Ankara Sports Hall from October 6 to 15, 2011 in Ankara, Turkey.
    LOL... you forgot to mention the fact of that being the Wushu world championships in which the forms and weapons competitors will vastly outnumber the actual fighting competitors.

Nice try on the spin doctoring there, though.

We can see you are not Dale, because Dale isn't a moron, and you are

dear lord, you can't do the math on 81 teams sending 11 people each? Nah, didn't think so....

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

You reading sucks:
    I said:
    It is a fall back, you don't really want to give your back to your opponent if you can help it.
    Common sense dude, seriously.
    If it was that great a position, you wouldn't be force to it when you get penalized.

If you believe that after an throw like an uchi mata that the turtle is where the thrown person WANTS to be in, well...
    Good luck with that.
    OK, then, Mr. "I almost was in the Olympics" Judo Expert, what position do you want to be in after the throw in judo when you end up on the bottom?

time to put the pretender on "ignore" so he can talk to himself

We can see you are not Dale, because Dale isn't a moron, and you are

dear lord, you can't do the math on 81 teams sending 11 people each? Nah, didn't think so....
    Mr. Ross. I don't believe I called you any names. Please refrain from doing so towards me in the future. Thank you.