Thread: Swaui jao no good. Judo so good.

Threaded View

Swaui jao no good. Judo so good.

Note: This is a thread about swai jiao and NOT Robert W. Smith. I just threw his name in for background.

I read the chapter written by the recently departed Robert W. Smith and wanted to bring this up in a separate thread.

This is not a thread bashing him so do not get all, "Oh, he just passed away so let us not discuss this."

He thought judo was better and i believe this is natural for him since he studied judo.

Swai jiao has its list of issues though. First off too many people just happen to be teaching swai jiao today but their main art is ba gua, or tai chi, or whatever. How do these people claim to teach swai jiao when swai jiao is actually its own art? i think it is marketing to have throwing in their school since mma is so big.

Judo has belts. Swai jiao...not so much. I do not believe they have one ranking system which is problematic. This allows my unqualified son to teach in my name after i die even though he was not a blackbelt among blackbelts. I taught him the secrets while I was yelling at him to do his homework when no one else was looking.

The main issue with these people teaching swai jiao is that they have never won a swai jiao competition. And I believe you need to have actually won a bunch of them just to make sure the gold metal was a fluke.

And lastly what I have heard about swai jiao competition is not good. Sifu Gino posted this in another thread about some competition in Ohio. He said that if you pay the competition fee, and there is no on in your weight class, you can either take the gold metal or get your money back. Well whupteedooda. I just won the competition, mom. Wow, you must have kicked a s s, son. No, actually no one showed up so I won by the kung fu of showing up at the right time and right place. If this is true for all these comps how many swai jaio teachers won medals by default and how many of these guys are teaching and using this competition record to draw in gullible students?

I have never studied swai jiao because it is not available but what I have seen on the internet makes my stomach curl.

Judo has organization just like tkd. Too bad the chinese are not as organized as the japanese and the koreans.
    Last edited by Mattador; 07-08-2011 at 08:42 AM.