just got home from a 3hr hour seminar with former hawkeye and UFC coach kenny johnson (well i say 3hrs, i left after 4 and a half and it was still going strong if he could im sure he would camp out on the mats) as always im amazed at the skills a good wrestler has, if you have never touched hands or been shot on by a national level wrestler i suggest you get hold of one, its an eye opener

he covered stance, sprawls, front headlock series (also darc and anaconda and the schultz choke) the blast double, setting up the knee tap, double and single in the clinch and god knows what else after i left the place..........

All stuff i have seen before, but the small details were amazing as were the coaching cues, seeing the lightbulb go on for guys who have been grappling for years (inculding me) is funny as hell lol

it re-enforced to me how great a base wrestling is (it dictates where the fight happens) and how the attitude wrestling instills carries over so well to all aspects of fighting, and why wrestlers seem to dominate so much in the cage at international level

As for internal power, short range power, heavy hands and whole body sensitivity so called internal arts talk about....well i have never felt such heavy hands, such coordinated whole body power or senstivity as when he was playing around with me in the clinch and snapping me down into a double

Just thought id share lol