Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Chinna Vid

Nice Chinna Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK8qO...yer_detailpage

I think this (originally posted by YiQuanOne ) is a nice chinna video. Even though it's not against a resisting (well, he resists a tiny bit) opponent, I think it shows a lot about how chinna can be applied in combat. --I know there are some folks out there with questions about that , hope this helps clarify at least a little.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK8qO...yer_detailpage

I think this (originally posted by YiQuanOne ) is a nice chinna video. Even though it's not against a resisting (well, he resists a tiny bit) opponent, I think it shows a lot about how chinna can be applied in combat. --I know there are some folks out there with questions about that , hope this helps clarify at least a little.
    More b.s.

But feel free to go into any grappling tourney and see how it doesn't work like that.

Question

Fax, dude! You are so negative. Chin na is outside my realm of knowledge, but it sure looks like a grappler could use stuff like that outside of competition to really put some extra hurt on a guy. Trouble is it's not safe to use in competition. Still, everyone has an extra bag of dirty tricks. What's wrong with adding some more nasty stuff to that bag?
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

not a chin na video (it says 'push hands' in Chinese) and most of it has nothing to do with any sort of joint lock?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

2 points

1. use straightness to over come horizontal methods and vice versa

zhi po heng, or heng po zhi.

if the opponent pushes your shoulder (straight, zhi), you bend his wrist (horizontal, heng)

2. use circles to harmonize/neutralize between straightness and horizontal methods.

circling downward, circling upward

so we cover everything

forward/backward (straight)

to the left and to the right (horizontal)

upward and downward (circling)

we remain contact or stick and link

---

Good drill and the right way to go about training chin na with push hands. Plus a healthy blend of strikes.

to give you TCMA haters some perspective - this is a chin na / push hands equivalent of grip fighting training... and IMO this is a better way to train for real chin na - gripping, pulling, with motion added for fluidity.

still don't see much "chin na" here? it's all pushing ie pummeling

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    still don't see much "chin na" here? it's all pushing ie pummeling
    You either aren't looking very closely, or you're looking for the wrong thing; chinna is more than just static locks.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    You either aren't looking very closely, or you're looking for the wrong thing; chinna is more than just static locks.
    Do you read Chinese? It doesn't say "chin na" is says "push hands"

China Na is joint locking, not push hands
    "static" or not this is pushing it is not locking joints

Maybe you are the one who is confused?

Wow, dude. I don't read Chinese, but I can see it's push hands-ish. I can also see chinna being used in just about every single technique.
    Guess we were taught differently what chinna means...far as I know it doesn't mean 'lock' at all.

what do I know, I mean other than the almost 3 decades I have spent in TCMA and the formal adoption under a famous sifu and the other sifu I've worked with

This is not a demonstration of "chin na" it is a demonstration of "tui shou" push hands.

大成拳推手

They are different (though related) skills. Again, what is being shown here is a lot more akin to "pummeling" which is why it is impressive, ie it is stuff that would , gasp!, WORK

But again, this isn't "chin na"

it is 推手

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    learn same basic concepts in HS wrestling programs except in wrestling its used in an environment of resistance with full range of motion and not static like in this vid.

People get to wrapped up on the "chin na" wagon IMO. Nothing special about it and it's not grappling. Plus this doesn't strike me as "chin na" in the sense I know, more push hands.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

There are a few wrist locks. There are manipulations of wrist, elbow, and shoulder joint. There are grabs, yin-yang grabs, and pulling. There is pressure point striking/pressing. There is grabbing the throat.

All of that is chinna. At least in my education.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."

today is dedicated to this quote

Well, that's a nice thing to say.

I have nothing left to say. Obviously we have different definitions of chinna. Which would explain why we have different ideas of its efficacy. No real disagreement at all, except over words...no big deal. Glad at least that you thought the stuff in the video was decent.

Nice chatting. Got to go for a while now.