Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Chinna Vid

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    ....standing it has to be more "ballistic".
    I prefer the word dynamic, but I know what you mean!

LOL !
    There was more internal on that clip then we see in hours of IMA seminars !!!
    I recently had the pleasure of training with Coach Nelson, great stuff
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I must not have had my coffee, because I am not understanding scott at all today?

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I must not have had my coffee, because I am not understanding scott at all today?
    Maybe you have confused my enjoyment of the two chin na vids with approval of them as a training method. The vid you posted is closer to real life, therefore it must be considered of more practical benefit in dealing with real life circumstances!

I agree with you, but perhaps you thought I was on the other side of the fence!

Agreed, low percentage for a variety of reasons.
    I didn't mean to imply that people don't use them because they are too dangerous.
    I just meant that for them to be used effectively they seem to have to be done to "dislocate" rather than "lock".
    The reason being that, while on the ground the opponent has less mobility and as such the lock can be applied in a more progressive manner, standing it has to be more "ballistic".
    It has nothing to do with how balistically the arm bar is applied and everything to do with how much time the opponent has to tap. On the ground the opponent is immobilized and knows he has to tap as the joint lock is applied. Standing the opponent is usually continuing to jockey for position because he is not immobilized

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    I prefer the word dynamic, but I know what you mean!
    Yes, that's a far better word.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

not a chin na video (it says 'push hands' in Chinese) and most of it has nothing to do with any sort of joint lock?
    I was about to say the same thing.

But also, as with a lot of the stuff coming out of YiquanOne the demonstrator here has major issues with elbow positioning. The way he splays his elbows out like that he's just begging for a good grappler to take complete control of one of his arms, probably transition to back control.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    It has nothing to do with how balistically the arm bar is applied and everything to do with how much time the opponent has to tap. On the ground the opponent is immobilized and knows he has to tap as the joint lock is applied. Standing the opponent is usually continuing to jockey for position because he is not immobilized
    Did you even see the 2nd clip I posted?
    I am not sure why you are even arguing this, it seems like you enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing.
    To say that the effectiveness of a standing lock ( or almost any standing techniaue for that matter) doesn't have to do with how dynamic it is applied, just makes me question YOUR MA experience.
    No offense but you are just being argumentative.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Maybe you have confused my enjoyment of the two chin na vids with approval of them as a training method. The vid you posted is closer to real life, therefore it must be considered of more practical benefit in dealing with real life circumstances!

I agree with you, but perhaps you thought I was on the other side of the fence!
    ok, got it now, not my day apparently?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post

But also, as with a lot of the stuff coming out of YiquanOne the demonstrator here has major issues with elbow positioning. The way he splays his elbows out like that he's just begging for a good grappler to take complete control of one of his arms, probably transition to back control.
    he is basically pummeling for bicept control ("steering wheel") which is pretty darn unique for most TCMA clips, but he doesn't "keep the box" and anyone with a bit of wrestling could easily control him due to his lack of elbow control

a clip or two to be more clear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjhdayWgXWo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT5Ohe93Ep4
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 07-11-2011 at 09:28 AM.

ok, got it now, not my day apparently?
    I dunno, I'll take half the responsibility. Sometimes when I go back and re-read what I have posted, I see a bit of an eccentric writing style that can appear unclear.

You know how it is, we always know what WE mean, and because of that we don't always recognize we are being unclear to others!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 07-11-2011 at 09:31 AM.

I don't know why you guys are trying to twist this video into two over muscled meat heads running into each other trying to show who is stronger is a demonstration of any kind of skill.

Those videos just looks like rockem sockem robots. No one having anykind of root or stability. Is that why they always go to the ground so much because they don't have good balance.

Wrestling is a sport, where size and weight and muscle are the prime factors, if you see the video the old guy is not trying to over power the younger bigger guy.

Also the bozo guys that say it looks like he does this wrong and that wrong, you guys are clueless. Ya, if the old man tried to fight you with his strength you could do those stupid moves ,and also if he just stood there like a dumb monkey and did not react then those dumb wrestling moves might work.

I can see most of you guys have never met a guy with skill.

Quote Originally Posted by YiQuanOne View Post
    I don't know why you guys are trying to twist this video into two over muscled meat heads running into each other trying to show who is stronger is a demonstration of any kind of skill.

Those videos just looks like rockem sockem robots. No one having anykind of root or stability. Is that why they always go to the ground so much because they don't have good balance.

Wrestling is a sport, where size and weight and muscle are the prime factors, if you see the video the old guy is not trying to over power the younger bigger guy.

Also the bozo guys that say it looks like he does this wrong and that wrong, you guys are clueless. Ya, if the old man tried to fight you with his strength you could do those stupid moves ,and also if he just stood there like a dumb monkey and did not react then those dumb wrestling moves might work.

I can see most of you guys have never met a guy with skill.

See, now THIS is good trolling !!
    Last edited by sanjuro_ronin; 07-11-2011 at 10:52 AM.

See, not THIS is good trolling !!
    Now THAT is structure sentence unclear!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YiQuanOne View Post
    dumb wrestling moves ... I can see most of you guys have never met a guy with skill.
    Quote of the day.