Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Nice Chinna Vid

I still stand by my original post and say that I liked what I seen the old guy doing in the original vid. Reminded me of grip fighting drills from Judo and wrist control drills from wrestling except that it was an old TCMAer doing it. Plus he flowed nicely from locks to strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    I still stand by my original post and say that I liked what I seen the old guy doing in the original vid. Reminded me of grip fighting drills from Judo and wrist control drills from wrestling except that it was an old TCMAer doing it. Plus he flowed nicely from locks to strikes.
    It was ok, it benefits in comparison to all the so called TCMA crap out there. There is nothing there that screams "CRAP"! But there are certainly things that could be improved upon
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Now THAT is structure sentence unclear!
    bBBWWAAHHHHHH !!!!!!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    See, not THIS is good trolling !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Now THAT is structure sentence unclear!
    bBBWWAAHHHHHH !!!!!!
    I fixed it back for you!

It's okay boo boo! I KNOW you meant "See, NOW..."

I do it all the time myself. I tend to type "not" instead of "no"!

but isn't it interesting how one letter can change a whole sentence! And that is what I meant about myself structure and sentence strange!

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Scott,
    The obvious question would be, why practice techniques in such a static, dead way as opposed to doing it in an alive way that is more realistic

such as
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AWQ4fVbcxE

This is a good clip.

Thanks
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Did you even see the 2nd clip I posted?
    I am not sure why you are even arguing this, it seems like you enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing.
    To say that the effectiveness of a standing lock ( or almost any standing techniaue for that matter) doesn't have to do with how dynamic it is applied, just makes me question YOUR MA experience.
    No offense but you are just being argumentative.
    Yes, I saw the second clip. If you think arm locks on the ground are not just as ballistic/dynamic I really have to question YOUR MA experience.

Go do some tourneys with some ground submissions and then come back and tell me that they are not applied ballistically.

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    Yes, I saw the second clip. If you think arm locks on the ground are not just as ballistic/dynamic I really have to question YOUR MA experience.

Go do some tourneys with some ground submissions and then come back and tell me that they are not applied ballistically.
    Yep, argumentative just to be that way.
    Keep it up and you won't be long here.

Yep, argumentative just to be that way.
    Keep it up and you won't be long here.
    Really? You are threatening to ban me because I disagree with you regarding the fact that arm locks on the ground are just as ballistic as those done standing?

Or maybe it's because I continually demonstrate your lack of MA knowledgel.

Banning? BS. Watch no-gi tourneys, you will never see a ban, it's all about turtling.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Really? You are threatening to ban me because I disagree with you regarding the fact that arm locks on the ground are just as ballistic as those done standing?

Or maybe it's because I continually demonstrate your lack of MA knowledgel.
    Even my patience runs out and as anyone here will attest, that is say something about your apperant lack of understanding.
    And since you have shown that you don't lack it, I assume you are being argumentative just for the sake of arguing, since it is clear to everyone else what is being discussed here.
    In which case, yeah, eventually you will get banned because you are not serving any purpose but to derail and highjack threads just for the sake of arguing.

So, smarten up or you will find yourself banned.

I'm glad there's been some decent discussion here, at least.

Agreed with pretty much everything Sanjuro has said on this thread. A standing lock (as opposed to the ballistic break [actually ballistic is a better word than dynamic, I think, even a lock is dynamic...but not ballistic. ]), is an act of mercy...it's not something you'd really use in a fight you were in danger of losing (unless it just happened to present itself).

I don't think this video is 'amazing,' but I do think it's pretty good. The reason I posted it is I think it gives a good sense of the 'dynamics' of chinna application. Instead of single locks done to completion, it shows transitions...not so many videos do this. (the form YKW posted also does...I enjoyed that) Obviously this is a problem, as lots of people who 'know their stuff' still seem to think chinna is just static standing locks. Chinna, like 'kung fu' has come to mean much more than it's translation, but basically, it means to 'seize and control.' If there's a grab, then it's chinna... No reason it can't also be push hands at the same time.

Even my patience runs out and as anyone here will attest, that is say something about your apperant lack of understanding.
    And since you have shown that you don't lack it, I assume you are being argumentative just for the sake of arguing, since it is clear to everyone else what is being discussed here.
    In which case, yeah, eventually you will get banned because you are not serving any purpose but to derail and highjack threads just for the sake of arguing.

So, smarten up or you will find yourself banned.
    Please point me to the part of the rules that say a person is not allowed to argue about things he disagrees with and that he finds to be b.s.

And, as an admin, are you allowed to "assume" that someone is being argumentative and ban him?

Please point me to the part of the rules that say a person is not allowed to argue about things he disagrees with and that he finds to be b.s.

And, as an admin, are you allowed to "assume" that someone is being argumentative and ban him?
    Fine, you make a valid point.
    Just because I find you argumentative and and not able to grasp common sense that everyone else seems to understand, doesn't mean you don't have a right to express your view point.
    Point taken.
    It just seems to be a pattern with you ( arguing for what seems to be just for the sake of arguing) and I have had more complaints about that than I care to mention.

The HAN flick was interesting. Obviously over choreographed, but that's an endemic problem in chinese martial arts.

Still, I saw lot's of interesting seizes and locks in it.

Did Han do kung fu for a whole day in that park and film it all? lol

every time i see clips of his school, it's the same park almost the same place in the park!
    Kung Fu is good for you.