Bangkok Revenge

This looks promising.

Bangkok Revenge NA Trailer
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Another first review for the forum

I actually saw it in the theaters. So many Asian films are making it to US screens since China bought AMC, it's drawing me back into the theaters. However, I wish I saw this one on video instead. It has all the hallmarks of a Thai action flick: great shots of Bangkok color, lots of elbow shots, a katooie villianess, obligatory nipple orgasm shot, and lots of villains that can't shoot straight. The lead, John Foo, has skills but can't act. However, who cares about acting? And the film has this great device - as a kid, his character is shot in the head so he can't feel pain or emotions. So he's emotionless. That part actually works. If only the makers of Abduction figured that one out. Sadly, none of the other actors can act either and none of them were shot in the head. The film moves inexplicably from Thai to English and the credits are in French. There's a random Shaolin monk gang for a subway fight.

The downer is the action. Foo has the moves but each piece of action is a separate shot so all the fights are really choppy. I could hardly follow the final climactic fight because my eyes were too tired looking at it on the big screen. It would have played out better on the small screen. The action is really bloody, ultravi to humorous effect, and I enjoyed that along with Foo's typical action quip lines, but the choreography was so horribly shot that I was very disappointed in the end.

There's one sword fight with a kogal villainess with a katana, one of the caricatures in the fetish girl gang with the katooie. There's knife fights too. There's lots of ultravi, so more sword fights weren't missed.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Like I said, this will play out better "on the small screen"

Enter to win BANGKOK REVENGE on DVD! Contest ends 6:00 p.m. PST on 03/21/2013. Good luck everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

BANGKOK REVENGE has bought out our topmost banner

Thanks to WellGo USA again for advertising with us.

I ask you all once again to support the forum by clicking through the topmost banner as click-thrus are being measured. Thanks!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our winners are announced

See our Bangkok Revenge DVD winners thread.

And thanks to everyone who clicked through the topmost banner last week. The results have been fantastic and Well Go USA is sponsoring yet another topmost banner campaign next week for T4. Keep it up, everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips