Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut

Blog Entries
    Yup, should see him with a Kwan do. He is like fighting a fire hydrant. Solid.
    no video??????
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

By Peace or by Pieces.

You are a human being, not a human doing.
    J Bradshaw.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    Rumi

Blog Entries
    now thats what im talking about .....very nice.

Not sure how your Cantonese is...
    Here is an interview with my dragon Sifu Lai Wing Yuk and Chuu Sifu together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=TW&h...&v=fdD9uc9ekww
    By Peace or by Pieces.

J Bradshaw.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    Rumi

Blog Entries
    all i can say in cantonese is Ngoh Hei May Gwok Yahn....lol

and Chee Saw

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    Do you any of you guys have any detailed info about the Gu Yu Cheong/Ku Yu Chang (whatever spelling) from BSL's notoriety connection?

I know a lil bit, but considering I teach BSL, but my bro teaches Hung Sing CLF literally at the same time and place as I, it would be nice to know more
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

Do you any of you guys have any detailed info about the Gu Yu Cheong/Ku Yu Chang (whatever spelling) from BSL's notoriety connection?
    No detailed info. My teacher, a student of Tam Fei Pang, suggested that Tam Sam and Ku were friends and that they shared students but it's difficult to see the influence in Tam's Bak Sing style. Lai Hung might have a different opinion as he teaches both styles.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland View Post
    No detailed info. My teacher, a student of Tam Fei Pang, suggested that Tam Sam and Ku were friends and that they shared students but it's difficult to see the influence in Tam's Bak Sing style. Lai Hung might have a different opinion as he teaches both styles.
    Thanks for the reply jdhowland. Yeah, that's about all I have for info too.

I'd love to learn what crossover there was. For example, in our system our Tan Tui is kinda grandfather, so you see pieces of it scattered throughout even "pure" bsl forms, plus there are some movements (with apps of course) that are basically "shout-outs" to other styles due to...? respect, training, friendships, history, etc.

But since I know zero clf, I can tell whatsoever.
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

I believe there was an exchange of 5 students each. I can't recall all the names but I know Kong On was one of the buk sing students and Lung Tse Cheung one of the buk siu lum students.

The "version" I heard? Got to try and remember where I read it??

Tarm Saam set up a school with a banner at the front door. " all styles of martial arts, sit under the foot of Choy Lay Fut!" Ku Yu Cheung did not like that at all. So he showed up and challenged.

The fight was apparently quite involved and time consuming. Or horribly exaggerated? It ended in a draw, regardless. Both sides felt there was something to learn from the other. So an exchange program was set up. 6 students from either school traded spots.

That is the explanation why Buk Sil Lum is taught before the 3 CLF hand forms.

I will go digging...I have the book somewhere in my pile and see if I find the details. But in reality none of us were there, and martial history doesn't age well.
    By Peace or by Pieces.

J Bradshaw.

Rumi

The challenge from what I was told was a story and that the two had mutual respect for each other and actually never fought. Who knows really; however your story would have made for a good Shaw Brothers movie

too true...
    By Peace or by Pieces.

J Bradshaw.

Rumi