Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ending a fight by attacking vital parts

Ending a fight by attacking vital parts

Is it possible to disable a fight by attacking vital parts with precise pin point accuracy.

Keeping in mind that your opponent is constantly moving like a boxer, could you attack the wrists with Dragon Fists with pinpoint accuracy? I would think that after 3 or 4 hits to said vital parts, it could be detrimental and painful to the opponent and give up the fight?

Just wondering if it's feasible?

Please, serious question here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cdr.Instigator View Post
    Is it possible to disable a fight by attacking vital parts with precise pin point accuracy.

Keeping in mind that your opponent is constantly moving like a boxer, could you attack the wrists with Dragon Fists with pinpoint accuracy? I would think that after 3 or 4 hits to said vital parts, it could be detrimental and painful to the opponent and give up the fight?

Please, serious question here!!
    no its not

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    no its not
    why not? not everyone is a trained cage fighter and pain compliance comes quick with a greater portion of the population.

so, yes.

But, if you gotta ask, then for you, no. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yes David, as I have no training in Kung Fu... then you are right; I would not succeed.
    But, is there an actual training form that attacks such possible vulnerable areas, as the wrists?

Could you David, even with as much years of experience not try and develop such a strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    why not? not everyone is a trained cage fighter and pain compliance comes quick with a greater portion of the population.

so, yes.

But, if you gotta ask, then for you, no. lol
    Why not?

Well

1) adreline does wonders for people and is a hard thing to overcome
    2) its fecking hard to actually hit someone when they are hitting you, let alone hit two or 3 spots with pin point accuracy
    hows that to start?
    Now if you consider the ribs and the chin pressure points then I concede they work, but any of the smaller points that require multiple hits as seems to be the gist of the post….good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Why not?

Well

1) adreline does wonders for people and is a hard thing to overcome
    2) its fecking hard to actually hit someone when they are hitting you, let alone hit two or 3 spots with pin point accuracy
    hows that to start?
    Now if you consider the ribs and the chin pressure points then I concede they work, but any of the smaller points that require multiple hits as seems to be the gist of the post….good luck
    If we are talking about strictly attacking the wrists. I believe that is folly to attempt to hit at someones wrists who is boxing you.

The strikes at the wrist in kung fu styles tend to be for when someone has grabbed your sleeve or something.

Anyway, why hit the wrists? Hit the face, hunt the head. that's where you're gonna be effective in a fight.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Well the fighter's instincts to counter a hook to the head is to block it with your arm or hand... therefore it would seem feasible to hit wrist as a counter to the attack.

1) Opponent throws a right hook to head
    2) You either block with left hand or arm, same goes for a left hook to head you block with same technique

How is it not feasible to use your opponents swing momentum and power to instead of blocking, hit the wrist area with a Dragon Style fist and put some hurt to that weak area?

Possibly ending the fight with a painful wrist fracture?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    If we are talking about strictly attacking the wrists. I believe that is folly to attempt to hit at someones wrists who is boxing you.

The strikes at the wrist in kung fu styles tend to be for when someone has grabbed your sleeve or something.

Anyway, why hit the wrists? Hit the face, hunt the head. that's where you're gonna be effective in a fight.
    no arguement from me but the original quote said "Keeping in mind that your opponent is constantly moving like a boxer, could you attack the wrists with Dragon Fists with pinpoint accuracy? I would think that after 3 or 4 hits to said vital parts, it could be detrimental and painful to the opponent and give up the fight?

Please, serious question here!!"

personally hitting wrists, arms, specific points on the body unless gross large targets is a waste of time, sounds like we agree

Vital point striking is, basically, a "sniper analogy":

Aim small, miss small
    Aim big, miss big.

In layman terms:
    Aim for the head, miss the head.
    Aim for the side of the head, hit the head
    Aim for the jaw, hit the side of the head.
    Aim for a spot on the jaw, hit the jaw.

All striking arts aim for vital points, the thing is that you want to aim and hit the ones that work all the time and on everyone and those are the typical ones that everyone knows.
    Sure there are some nice ones that work really well as "coup de grace" by why use them when you don't need them?

As for pain compliant ones, well...you are putting your trust on something that you don't know and that is the pain threshold of your opponent, not a wise move IMO.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The wrist is usually only a vital point if you have a blade or a heavy stick.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

The area where the Pectoralis Major and Pectoralis Minor meet below the clavicle towards the shoulder joint tends to be effective in debilitating the arms (the same principle can be applied when grappling/wrestling) and doesn't require pin point accuracy... other wise go for the knees and ankles
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

All striking arts aim for vital points, the thing is that you want to aim and hit the ones that work all the time and on everyone and those are the typical ones that everyone knows.
    I agree, due to movement precision strikes are less likely to be accomplished. well, at least to areas like the wrist, the eye, etc. etc. If it does indeed happen most of the time its by luck. but instead of a PRECISION STRIKE maybe a nice hefty blocking/strike to the area will do the job

Hard blocks are already hits to the limb. Certainly easier not to miss with the forearm, than the fist...
    If you can catch first, or if they catch you, then do the block/strike, it can become a break.

I'd say the kind of technique you're asking about is for high skill level only...also need to have well conditioned knuckles. Sometimes shaolin styles will use a fist, to stop a kick...but there is an assumption there that one has done serious fist conditioning; it's not a beginner tactic.

(But against a boxer? Attack the ankles and knees, not the wrist and elbow, I'd think.)

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    The wrist is usually only a vital point if you have a blade or a heavy stick.
    So, if someone threw a right or left hook to your head...one could not respond with your own hook with said "Dragon Fist" to that hand's wrist?

I find it hard to believe that with the correct instinct and training of such theoretical tactic would not work. If you hit same area on wrist, one could possibly win the fight if the opponents wrist are hurt.. No?

Maybe I'm just thinking way off base here, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Cdr.Instigator View Post
    So, if someone threw a right or left hook to your head...one could not respond with your own hook with said "Dragon Fist" to that hand's wrist?

I find it hard to believe that with the correct instinct and training of such theoretical tactic would not work. If you hit same area on wrist, one could possibly win the fight if the opponents wrist are hurt.. No?

Maybe I'm just thinking way off base here, sorry!
    When you are dealing with an ideal attack, even then it is a long shot.
    Attacks are never ideal from the POV of the defender.
    Regardless of how will "trained'" you reflexes are, gross motor skill is always quicker and more instinctive than fin motor skills.

Add to that the adrenaline of a fight, of having to REACT to the strike ( being a step behind) and add to that it must work "perfectly" or you head is gonna get knocked off.
    All that equals the one tried and true principle that is uniform to every form of H2H combat:
    Basics ruler - Keep it simple
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !