Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ending a fight by attacking vital parts

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Rocky Marchiano used to pummel the crap out of his opponent's arms in the first few rounds, until they couldn't maintain a tight guard, then he'd go to work on them.
    That's about as realistic a real world sport fighting scenario as I can think of.
    Police are taught to target the arms and leg muscles and not the joints with their nightsticks and pr24's. Probably more for preventing permanent injury to the joints and liability though. Most cops I've trained with the stick found that what they were taught on the force was useless against a larger, or drugged out, or adrenaline crazed attacker.
    Let's also take into consideration that there are what we call, non-responders. Anyone doing point striking or chin-na has come into contact with these people. Sure, they won't feel the pain, until it's too late and the joint is broken.

That's what I was thinking.. continuous joint strikes will most definitely end a fight quicker than hitting someone's head continuously.. No!? Let's see what's stronger.. Wrist or Head?

Hitting the head will do nothing if the opponent, if their neck is strong and well conditioned, while 10 hits to the wrist area, might make the opponents give up in the middle of a fight.. Again just speculating here!

I guess if your timing is right and your response can match the attackers power swing to knock your head off..

Opponents power and momentum of swing + your power and momentum of counter attack = serious pain to a well placed wrist attack, Me thinks!

I guess there's only one way to find out!

Time to look for a money needing homeless person to bribe with a 20 dollar bill.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cdr.Instigator View Post
    Is it possible to disable a fight by attacking vital parts with precise pin point accuracy.

Keeping in mind that your opponent is constantly moving like a boxer, could you attack the wrists with Dragon Fists with pinpoint accuracy? I would think that after 3 or 4 hits to said vital parts, it could be detrimental and painful to the opponent and give up the fight?

Just wondering if it's feasible?

Please, serious question here!!
    no. not in a fat chance. you have to pass his 3 guards

the hand/wrist

the elbow

the shoulder

since your hands are busy dealing with 3 guards of his hands

you may temporarily have an opening and use one of your free hands to deliver the strike.

good luck.

that is.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    That's what I was thinking.. continuous joint strikes will most definitely end a fight quicker than hitting someone's head continuously.. No!? Let's see what's stronger.. Wrist or Head?

Hitting the head will do nothing if the opponent, if their neck is strong and well conditioned, while 10 hits to the wrist area, might make the opponents give up in the middle of a fight.. Again just speculating here!

I guess if your timing is right and your response can match the attackers power swing to knock your head off..

Opponents power and momentum of swing + your power and momentum of counter attack = serious pain to a well placed wrist attack, Me thinks!

I guess there's only one way to find out!

Time to look for a money needing homeless person to bribe with a 20 dollar bill.. lol
    yes and no. In da str33t, you don't have the luxury of rounds, refs, doctors, etc. So you don't have the time to wear him down, and need to go in for the kill immediately, if not sooner.
    Use a larger bill, like a fifty. It will make the homeless guy more determined, and you will get a better fight out of him. Tie some baloney to your head, so you can fight off his attempts to get at you.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

With the correct distance to entice a blow from opponent and stepping back at the moment of His swing to counter his swing with a nice placed Dragon Fist to said coming swing..... why could it not work?

With the correct distance to entice a blow from opponent and stepping back at the moment of His swing to counter his swing with a nice placed Dragon Fist to said coming swing..... why could it not work?
    Define "work". Hurt? It could, but the kind of hurt that occurs this way empty handed is usually brushed off by experienced guys. Incapacitate? I don't believe so.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

it can, but to have that kind of luck when a trained fighter is coming at you full tilt trying to tear your fukin head off will require Jet/Bruce coolness, bro.
    I teach alot of "lethal" strikes. Fr'instance, forearm strikes to the base of the skull.
    BUT-I tell them this:
    "sure, a strike to the base of the skull is potentially lethal.
    If your grandmother is sitting at the kitchen table sipping tea, and you come up behind her, and WHAM! slam her in the base of the skull...sure, Nana's dead.
    But if she's comin at ya, shuckin an jivein, tryin to tear yer head off, you're gonna have a hard time puttin her down. Tha's all I'm sayin'."
    Many pro fights go the distance. Fighters are landing mostly grazing strikes, because both are moving, and throwing. The few times that a strike lands with perfect focus, well, that's when you have a KO.
    Can you land the strike? Sure..I suppose.

But, contrary to the sign on the wall over the container in the ladies room that says, "Please Dispose of Sanitary Napkins Here,"

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

This is possible.... but not likely. After your first hit to his wrist, he will probably not want to get hit anymore there and try to close the distance for grappling. No one will let you keep hitting him on the wrist.... even if you were a great skilled marksman and you hit him right on the spot, you will probably not get another chance to do it again.

Now change your thinking to grappling and now after you have hit him once (maybe) on the wrist, now engage him in grappling and start to grab at his wrist at the Nei Guan point. Nei Gaun will reduce his gripping power and cause immediate pain.

None of this will work if you are not skilled at subduing the opponent quickly. Prolonged fighting makes you tired and less likely to hit all these "Sweet Spots". Just using Dragon Fists.... Nope won't work.

ginosifu

By head, do you mean facial area?

If so, to think hitting someone in the wrist is more effective than hitting someone in the face is completely ludicrous.

It's even pretty stupid to think that hitting someone in the wrist is going to be more effective than hitting them in the head somewhere else besides the face.

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post

Now change your thinking to grappling and now after you have hit him once (maybe) on the wrist, now engage him in grappling and start to grab at his wrist at the Nei Guan point. Nei Gaun will reduce his gripping power and cause immediate pain.
    I know it says in your bio that you have competitive grappling experience, but when you post b.s. like this, one sure has to wonder about that.

Either you are just making incorrect statements like that for marketing purposes to promote your business teaching something "special" or you really have very little actual grappling experience.

Talk to any competitive grappler and he will tell you that pressure points are generally b.s. unless you are talking about something like sticking your finger in someone's eye.

If you really could use wrist pressure points to "reduce his gripping power and cause immediate pain", that would be a great addition to have for 2 on 1 wrist control. Too bad it's just more bs getting served up to gullible or unknowing people.
    Last edited by faxiapreta; 07-12-2011 at 11:56 AM.

The state that resembles a middle finger.

is this a serious post?

I'm looking for the sarcasm in this but can't find it.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

for this thread, define 'vital parts'
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Vital parts..

Mainly inside the wrist area where the soft tendons are at.... this particular extremety is what would be closes to you during a fight, especially while the opponent swings hard at you.

Vital parts..

Mainly inside the wrist area where the soft tendons are at.... this particular extremety is what would be closes to you during a fight, especially while the opponent swings hard at you.
    I dunno...I'm reminded of that scene in "Kung-Fu Hustle," where the old guy smashes Chow into the pavement, and his hand comes up and weakly smacks him on the side of the head with that little stick...
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I dunno...I'm reminded of that scene in "Kung-Fu Hustle," where the old guy smashes Chow into the pavement, and his hand comes up and weakly smacks him on the side of the head with that little stick...
    Best scene ever !!
    LMAO !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

so we are only talking about the wrists? and we are talking about striking the wrists??!?!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.