LMAO !
    that is my favorite scene in the movie.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    so we are only talking about the wrists? and we are talking about striking the wrists??!?!
    Yes, to disable the wrists of said attacking Perp using his own energy and momentum to strike at the underside of wrists on any given swing at your head!!!!

I was sparring full contact with my instructor the other night(full power below the neck with punches and kicks. No pads. Open hand to the head) and he couldn't get through my cover so he dead-armed the **** out of me.

I wasn't able to move that arm for about 1 sec. But, that's all he needed.

He also got me with a gunting under the arm at one point. *******.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Cdr.Instigator View Post
    Is it possible to disable a fight by attacking vital parts with precise pin point accuracy.

Just wondering if it's feasible?

Please, serious question here!!
    Is it possible?
    Yes, it is. I have done it several times against non-compliant street-fighters. Four times one single strike ended the fight (kick that broke ribs, kick that bruised ribs, kick to diaphragm, eye poke). Set up attacker, well placed strike, attacker couldn't/wouldn't continue fighting.

IMO, if one can't hit what you are aiming for, they are just a $hitty fighter.

Is it feasible?
    It depends, do you have the skill, timing, reflexes and ball$ for fighting? Unfortunately, one can spend years in CMA, JMA, KMA, TM or MMA and never develop these qualities. Sometimes I think it is something you must be born with.

Keeping in mind that your opponent is constantly moving like a boxer...
    Proper footwork is the cure for this. One of the problems in TCMA is the myth of "stances". The myth is that stances should be used STATICALLY for fighting.

For the Beginning Student
    Stances are ONE training method that is great for strengthening the legs. Stances can teach proper weight distribution, power generation, etc..

For those Past Beginner Stage
    Footwork should be developed that teaches the student to set the tempo, distance, timing and positioning in a fight.

...could you attack the wrists with Dragon Fists with pinpoint accuracy? I would think that after 3 or 4 hits to said vital parts, it could be detrimental and painful to the opponent and give up the fight?
    I would not recommend trying to hit targets on an untrapped wrist. The opponent's hands generally move too quickly to strike small points on an untrapped wrist.

In the fights that I mentioned above, you will note that the strikes I was able to successfully land were on comparatively slower moving body areas (torso and head).

It is best to save pin point striking techniques for the slowest moving targets that will give you the most bang for the buck.
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 07-12-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Yes, to disable the wrists of said attacking Perp using his own energy and momentum to strike at the underside of wrists on any given swing at your head!!!!
    But to think about it mechanically, the fist is always moving towards you. So to attack the wrist you would have to attack perpendicular to the direction of motion of his fist. Because it is 90 degrees it would in no way use his own power against him. ALso because the wrist is 'floating' most of the force would go straight through and move his hand out of the way rather than doing damage. Even with a large swing the fist is still moving towards you, he is not swinging his wrist at you.

I mean, a heavy chop at his wrist will get a reaction, but it is very hard to do in reality, especially against a moving punch.

Loved what Sanjuro said; 'Aim big, miss big, aim small, miss small' good advice.

As long as you use the right tool, everywhere on the body is a weak-point. Sharp weapons for soft targets, blunt weapons for hard targets.

The arms are the fastest moving part of the body, the head is the second fastest. The hips are the slowest because they are the center of mass. You have more chance of hitting something slow than something fast.