Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Not everyone is a cage fighter.... so what?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Bringing the knife back towards the attacker, unless it ends with stabbing him, would only increase the chances of him gaining control of the knife.
    he won't listen to you, he's trapped in la la land
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    he won't listen to you, he's trapped in la la land
    Apparently, you didn't watch the die less often video... Bringing the knife back towards the person is exactly what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    How would you correct the STAB training?
    I can only tell you what I know from hanging around with some "real world" knife guys who have been attacked or attacked others. All the guys I know who have been attacked with knives or shivs and disarmed their opponents grabbed the actual blade. I'm not seeing this addressed at all in any of those clips.

Apparently, you didn't watch the die less often video... Bringing the knife back towards the person is exactly what they do.
    no it isn't but then again, you thought "greco" = "ground"

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

you found a pic of HumbleWCGuy
    I didn't want to go here but honestly Dave, you look like that guys overweight twin brother.

I know, it's hard to admit you are wrong......

no it isn't but then again, you thought "greco" = "ground"
    I thought that is what you meant. I am still not convinced that it isn't what you meant.

Then again, you think that a sound approach to knife defense is securing an arm while being punched in the face.

All the guys I know who have been attacked with knives or shivs and disarmed their opponents grabbed the actual blade. I'm not seeing this addressed at all in any of those clips.
    This i can agree with.

I thought that is what you meant. I am still not convinced that it isn't what you meant.
    you've mastered "running" very effectively

first you claimed I said ground

then you claimed I "inferred ground"

now you claim that is just what I "meant"

I NEVER EVEN USED THE TERM "GRECO"

The thing is, what I wrote was plain black and white and everyone can see you are wrong, and you can't just man up and admit you were wrong

I will trust people who have been there and survived as opposed to someone whose entire frame of reference is TMA in a classroom

you've mastered "running" very effectively

first you claimed I said ground

then you claimed I "inferred ground"

now you claim that is just what I "meant"

I NEVER EVEN USED THE TERM "GRECO"

The thing is, what I wrote was plain black and white and everyone can see you are wrong, and you can't just man up and admit you were wrong

I will trust people who have been there and survived as opposed to someone whose entire frame of reference is TMA in a classroom
    I am still waiting for you to offer some sound Ideas about knife defense. You want to say that others are wrong, fine... Show us better...

You really have a fragile ego... I love it...

Then again, you think that a sound approach to knife defense is securing an arm while being punched in the face.
    LOL at trying to spin things so as to look as if you didn't make a stupid statement... dude, come on.

I think that the ground work is a piece of it, but one guy getting **** near stabbed to death using Greco to stop a knife attack isn't much of an endorsement for taking it to the ground as a first option.
    No one said anything about the ground until you brought it in.

LOL

keep running huh?

If you can't figure out what I advocate by the fact I advocated programs and put up clips, well, that says a lot about your ability to keep up here

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    LOL at trying to spin things so as to look as if you didn't make a stupid statement, dude.
    I don't think it matters a whole lot.

What I would like is for you to talk about how you would correct the STAB training which is the only reason that I am still hanging around this thread at the moment.

I don't think it matters a whole lot.
    you don't think the fact you were blatantly wrong and can't admit it matters? LOL

you just want people to ignore pages of your rambling on when you were dead WRONG

You accuse everyone else of your own sins

LOL

keep running huh?

If you can't figure out what I advocate by the fact I advocated programs and put up clips, well, that says a lot about your ability to keep up here
    If that's what you advocate then it's flawed. I am sure that you don't teach any of that at your school. In fact, the last time that I brought this up to you, you had nothing to say.