Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Not everyone is a cage fighter.... so what?

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    you don't think the fact you were blatantly wrong and can't admit it matters? LOL

you just want people to ignore pages of your rambling on when you were dead WRONG

You accuse everyone else of your own sins
    Did I hurt your widdle fweewings? LOL. Dave go and grab someones knife hand so that they can punch you in the face 60 or 70 times.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    I don't think it matters a whole lot.

What I would like is for you to talk about how you would correct the STAB training which is the only reason that I am still hanging around this thread at the moment.
    Every "trained knife fighter" (which is kind of an oxymoron, considering that most "trained knife fighters" have never been in a knife fight in their lives) says that you have to expect to get cut in a knife attack, yet they go to extreme and ludicrous lengths (can you say using the back of the wrist to try to disarm the flat side of the blade) to ensure that their hands never get cut (the very things that could be stopping the attack) at the expense of their more vulnerable targets.

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    Every "trained knife fighter" (which is kind of an oxymoron, considering that most "trained knife fighters" have never been in a knife fight in their lives) says that you have to expect to get cut in a knife attack, yet they go to extreme and ludicrous lengths (can you say using the back of the wrist to try to disarm the flat side of the blade) to ensure that their hands never get cut (the very things that could be stopping the attack) at the expense of their more vulnerable targets.
    What would you recommend in place of those sorts of disarms? Granted, I think that the situation would have to be pretty dire before I would consider a disarm as they are my last options.

Edit: I saw your post about grabbing the blade. That's not too surprising that's sorta my thing about taking your shirt off. It makes that more enticing if you have protection.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 07-12-2011 at 02:34 PM.

dont need to disarm till/unless you lose your knife. dont have a knife? you suck. have a knife? cut him and stab him as best you can. cut his knife arm/wrist/hand. but dont get attached to it.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

What would you recommend in place of those sorts of disarms? Granted, I think that the situation would have to be pretty dire before I would consider a disarm as they are my last options.

Edit: I saw your post about grabbing the blade. That's not too surprising that's sorta my thing about taking your shirt off. It makes that more enticing if you have protection.
    The people I've known who got jumped had no time to take their shirts off. I'm guessing if someone is going to try to shank you, he's not going to stand in front of you with a blade waiting for you to take your shirt off.

If anything, the time that would take and how much it would tie you up in the process would probably get you stabbed more easily.

Did I hurt your widdle fweewings?
    The fact that you proved yourself a complete idiot who can't keep up with a basic discussion doesn't bother me at all...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Oldschool filipino knife fighters would go out with news paper or even leather wrapped around their arms for when they go out and drink or get into a knife fight they wouldn't be hurt so easily when they use their arms for protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    Oldschool filipino knife fighters would go out with news paper or even leather wrapped around their arms for when they go out and drink or get into a knife fight they wouldn't be hurt so easily when they use their arms for protection.
    leather around the forearms seems a universal concept in any and all knife fighting traditions (as is getting cut and bleeding oh and dying!)

The obvious issue is those who aren't looking (or expecting) a knife fight finding themselves in one

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

leather around the forearms seems a universal concept in any and all knife fighting traditions (as is getting cut and bleeding oh and dying!)

The obvious issue is those who aren't looking (or expecting) a knife fight finding themselves in one
    people.....DIE from that? GASPPPPPP.....i better not play with knives then.

In a fight you should expect everything.

I wonder tho, which is more impervious to being stabbed in the arm....leather or newspaper. i would guess the leather...but not sure

Shoot, i won't give up my secret of using cut up TIRE strips around my arms that i use late at night.
    Last edited by Snipsky; 07-12-2011 at 04:04 PM.

people.....DIE from that? GASPPPPPP.....i better not play with knives then.

In a fight you should expect everything.

I wonder tho, which is more impervious to being stabbed in the arm....leather or newspaper. i would guess the leather...but not sure

Shoot, i won't give up my secret of using cut up TIRE strips around my arms that i use late at night.
    I grew up with a half Greek half Filipino kid (part of the long story was why his mom was Greek). Dad back in PI was part of some family vendetta thing, of course in PI that involved KNIVES

Lots of people got killed. Knives are not something to be taken lightly, especially when people really intend to do damage with them (as opposed to just using them as an ego boost)

yeah i have friends that have went back home to the PI and were killed by being stabbed to death. very sad.

yeah i have friends that have went back home to the PI and were killed by being stabbed to death. very sad.
    do you know the term "leather neck" RE marines came from having to put a leather stap on the collar of marines stationed in PI (to protect from having their throat cut)

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    do you know the term "leather neck" RE marines came from having to put a leather stap on the collar of marines stationed in PI (to protect from having their throat cut)
    The term 'leatherneck' came from American and British Marines who wore leather stock around their necks beginning in 1798.

Pick and choose

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    The term 'leatherneck' came from American and British Marines who wore leather stock around their necks beginning in 1798.
    Please also note from wikipedia:
    Leather collars were later issued to Marines sent to the Philippines during the Philippine-American War because of the high casualty rate due to neck wounds and decapitations especially in battles in the Southern Philippines as the .38 caliber was not enough to stop determined blade-wielding Filipinos especially Muslims who went Juramentado... Thus, the term Leatherneck for U.S. Marines stuck.

Cheers

yeah the flips were chopping off heads. the morrows were no joke. neither was Lapu Lapu.

Leatherneck is a military slang term for a member of the United States Marine Corps. Now accepted by Webster as a synonym for Marine, the term "Leatherneck" was derived from a leather stock once worn around the neck by both American and British Marines—and soldiers also. Beginning in 1798, "one stock of black leather and clasp" was issued to each U. S. Marine annually. The dress blue uniform still bears that stock collar today, while the service uniform's standing collar was changed to a rolled-flat type prior to World War II.