Thread: Training buddy fighting on Strikeforce August 12

Training buddy fighting on Strikeforce August 12

He has family here and comes in to my school whenever he's in town. Chad is a tough, tough dude.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2011/07/...hallengers-18/

It looks like Strikeforce has a new “Boss” on the horizon with head-honcho Scott Coker accepting the addition with open arms rather than fearing for his own job security.

According to sources close to the situation, Five Ounces of Pain has learned 8-2 welterweight Chad “The Boss” Leonhardt is on the verge of signing a deal with the organization and, assuming things continue as planned, will fight on August 12 at Strikeforce Challengers 18. Based on the newness of the deal no opponent has surfaced yet for his debut.

The 31-year old striker out of Tim Credeur’s Gladiator Academy in Louisiana has stopped six of his opponents with powerful, precise stand-up and found success in eight of his last nine fights including a pair of impressive wins under the Bellator banner.

Strikeforce Challengers 18 is headlined by BJJ blackbelt Jorge Gurgel taking on 9-2 Joe Duarte and also features appearances from Gian Villante, Danillo Villefort, and Pat Healy
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

May the Gods of the ring grant him swift victory !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

good luck to him, its always fun when one of your training partners makes it to the show

My old BJJ instructor was part of Strikeforce I think, Wagnney Fabiano, he is now with the UFC and I think he may be in this new season of TUF.

always nice to know what you are taught works at all levels even the elite

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    always nice to know what you are taught works at all levels even the elite
    Funny thing is that, you will never see a match at any elite level and see a move that you haven't learned in the first year or so of that system.
    Rare exceptions aside of course.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Funny thing is that, you will never see a match at any elite level and see a move that you haven't learned in the first year or so of that system.
    Rare exceptions aside of course.
    i remember rolling with a then BBJ brown belt and turkish wrestler from Oz who taught pro fighters.....he hit me with moves i knew and had done to others.......nothing was different to what i had seen before......only difference was he could tell me before he went for them and had the ability to hit them on me at will

Timing and ability is what sets the best apart from the rest of us, thats why i laugh when i hear about this or that secret technique, as you say we all know the same moves they just have the ability to hit them on anyone

i remember rolling with a then BBJ brown belt and turkish wrestler from Oz who taught pro fighters.....he hit me with moves i knew and had done to others.......nothing was different to what i had seen before......only difference was he could tell me before he went for them and had the ability to hit them on me at will

Timing and ability is what sets the best apart from the rest of us, thats why i laugh when i hear about this or that secret technique, as you say we all know the same moves they just have the ability to hit them on anyone
    I agree.
    Experience and high level competition teach you the "little things" that make all the difference in the world.
    I remember the first time I boxed a pro, it was an outwordly experience and then I remember decades after, boxing a guy with a few years experience and even though I was no pro, I hit him at will and made him look bad when he missed.
    It was as if I could read him like a book, just like that pro to me all those years ago.
    I recall on judo match with a visiting 8thdan from Japan, it was like fighting a ghost !
    Every time I moved I was thrown.
    At the end he would tell me what throw he was gonna use and there I went, LOL !
    Beautiful really when I think back to it.

I agree.
    Experience and high level competition teach you the "little things" that make all the difference in the world.
    I remember the first time I boxed a pro, it was an outwordly experience and then I remember decades after, boxing a guy with a few years experience and even though I was no pro, I hit him at will and made him look bad when he missed.
    It was as if I could read him like a book, just like that pro to me all those years ago.
    I recall on judo match with a visiting 8thdan from Japan, it was like fighting a ghost !
    Every time I moved I was thrown.
    At the end he would tell me what throw he was gonna use and there I went, LOL !
    Beautiful really when I think back to it.
    yep remember the first time i sparred paul daley...he only used the jab and still lite me up like a christmas tree

its like they say they difference between a BJJ blue and black belt is the black belt knows the same moves but can hit them on anone anytime

watching high level guys at play always makes me smile shows theres nothing secret or specal out there...its just correct training and timing

yep remember the first time i sparred paul daley...he only used the jab and still lite me up like a christmas tree

its like they say they difference between a BJJ blue and black belt is the black belt knows the same moves but can hit them on anone anytime

watching high level guys at play always makes me smile shows theres nothing secret or specal out there...its just correct training and timing
    I had a discussion about timing with some high level guys after a seminar and I was pleased that they all said the samething.
    You can't rely on your opponent for timing, everyone is too different and you don't always get a "felling round", you have to rely on YOUR timing making their timing irrelevant.

I had a discussion about timing with some high level guys after a seminar and I was pleased that they all said the samething.
    You can't rely on your opponent for timing, everyone is too different and you don't always get a "felling round", you have to rely on YOUR timing making their timing irrelevant.
    true that sounds like you have been with some good guys, not bad for a TCMA guy

true that sounds like you have been with some good guys, not bad for a TCMA guy
    Nah, I'm just a glorified KB

Nah, I'm just a glorified KB
    smart ar%e