Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA did Help the Evolution of TCMA

MMA did Help the Evolution of TCMA

MMA did help the evolution of TCMA. It gave it a healthy dose of "c'mon man - quit pulling my leg with that crap". But honestly - I think the horse has been done beat to death. There are a lot of posters who put up good techniques and bring up good points. What I'm getting tired of is this dogmatic this or that attitude or stance that's being brought by both sides. Instead of comparing and sharing - it's always the same "my p3nis is bigger than your p3nis" argument. How about having a - "have you guys thought about incorporating this technique to counter a single leg takedown?" discussions instead of these "if it ain't MMA it's stupid" (with a polite but contemptious nod to SanDa - polite, but it's not Thai Boxing so it ain't a real MA).
    Last edited by MightyB; 07-13-2011 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Type O

MMA did help the evolution of MMA
    Type o? .............................

This forum has become a safe haven for trolls.

However, everything gets its time in the spot light. Kung Fu had it, TKD, BJJ, UFC.....now its MMA. what will be next? Maybe realistic battle with real weaponry?

what matters is that what BJJ and MMA has done for the further evolution of TCMA. in my opinion its a good thing and we need to give thanks where it is deserved. The strong will survive and the rest will fall to the way side.

I can say Muay Thai and HOW they train woke me up to better way of training. BJJ made me realize that its necessary to have good ground skills, not just for sport but in case on the streets you go to the ground. What MMA has done for me was made me see that our conditioning and reliance on the expectation of "IT JUST BEING THERE" cause i trained so long was false.

WU DE messed up TCMA more than anything cause it stole the essence of what it was all about in the first place. People who fought in the streets were called THUGS while the intellectuals and biatches would preach about Wu De while the thugs went out and fought it out and learned what worked and what didn't. some teachers would tell their students not to come back unless they got into a fight. much of that has been lost.

MMA did to kung fu what the cell phone did to the beeper. while the beeper became obsolete, it was incorporated into the cell phones then turned into text paging. it got swallowed up into the latest in technology. The beeper could have survived if it included a way for two way communication but it couldn't cut it.

some kung fu people have woken up and going with the flow. you are seeing more and more TCMA in the ring more than ever now even though its not that often.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    MMA did help the evolution of MMA. It gave it a healthy dose of "c'mon man - quit pulling my leg with that crap". But honestly - I think the horse has been done beat to death. There are a lot of posters who put up good techniques and bring up good points. What I'm getting tired of is this dogmatic this or that attitude or stance that's being brought by both sides. Instead of comparing and sharing - it's always the same "my p3nis is bigger than your p3nis" argument. How about having a - "have you guys thought about incorporating this technique to counter a single leg takedown?" discussions instead of these "if it ain't MMA it's stupid" (with a polite but contemptious nod to SanDa - polite, but it's not Thai Boxing so it ain't a real MA).
    Based on a lot of the posts here regarding Iron Palm, stance training, Jow, unrealistic techniques with no evidence behind them, pressure points, etc, MMA had no healthy effect on many people. They are just as deluded as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    Based on a lot of the posts here regarding Iron Palm, stance training, Jow, unrealistic techniques with no evidence behind them, pressure points, etc, MMA had no healthy effect on many people. They are just as deluded as ever.
    yes every single person on the planet. you have interviewed them all and in no way focus on those individuals you want to.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

you so full of positivity

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    To that list I would add hanging out at places where you have no interest in anything being discussed other than to entertain your own inferiority complex.

Look, I don't come down to your forum and start pontificating about how to properly apply a ball gag on your gimp.
    Last edited by wenshu; 07-12-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

and Faxiepretty is still upset that he couldn't beat a kung fu guy at something as simple as a horse stance. howwwwww LAME is that

He would LOSE....LOSE.....LOSE.......but he'd still talk smack, its the only time his life partner lets him out of his cage.

modern MMA was a golden opportunity for all martial arts and martial artists and you can certainly find those who DID benefit from the revolution in ideas

Of course, just like in other things some people are threatened by change. This is especially true when that change threatens concepts they have held close for long periods of time and which could be proven false
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Too many masters who are no longer students? Too many pompus know-it-alls who struggle to protect their own agenda? Shirley, you jest?

I think its called the Human Condition, and you find it everywhere inversely proportional to the real skill on tap.

Anybody work in Advertising...
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Let me put it this way...

If we all lived in the 17th century and we shifted all that to the here and now, then all the real"warriors" would be in the front line in Afghanistan.

sport has made violence a game and a career pursuit. that's cool it is fun!

real violence is still real violence, sport or not. not so much fun for many.

sport is a safe way to be violent basically.

sport is a halfway good method to learn to be violent.

most of the exercise is in the mind. You need to willfully be able to hurt another human to be violent.

if you can't be violent without being provoked, then it's not likely you will be good at sport violence.

just sayin...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

most of the exercise is in the mind. You need to willfully be able to hurt another human to be violent.

if you can't be violent without being provoked, then it's not likely you will be good at sport violence.

just sayin...
    Do or Die brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    Do or Die brother.
    Fetch wood, carry water.

the best fighters seem almost bored with what they are doing it is at such a relaxed working pace.

my own observation over time.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

lei tai in the old way

you sign a release declaration.

if you injure or die, you may not sue or ask for compensation from the other party.

insurance was not existent, then.

but betting the fight is always there since time immemorial.

---

fighting with rules and safeguards in place is better--

if arm bar or bending elbow joint is not allowed, then ground games have no interests

---

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    ...snip...
    Shirley, you jest?
    ...snip....
    I jest you not! And don't call me Shirley!
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org