Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For My American buddies

For My American buddies

http://www.isi.org/%28X%281%29S%28zh...ookieSupport=1

I got 67% and I am not even American, LOL !!
    And by the way:
    Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

what happen if i score 0%? do i get deported?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    what happen if i score 0%? do i get deported?
    I can make this happen.

I work for ICE ya know...
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

ice cube???
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I got 87.88% correct.

I got 4 questions wrong.

Thanks for that cool link Sanjuro.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    I got 87.88% correct.

I got 4 questions wrong.

Thanks for that cool link Sanjuro.
    I found it over here, you may find this site interesting:
    http://voxday.blogspot.com/

I scored a 63.64%. Not gonna lie, though, I guessed on some of those.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

As an average Canadian

Results

You answered 28 out of 33 correctly — 84.85 %

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email americancivicliteracy@isi.org.

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.
    Well, how about that? It would appear that sometimes i do know what my neighbours are up to! lol

I found a couple of the questions weird because they had very little to do with American civics, but oh well...lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As an average Canadian

Well, how about that? It would appear that sometimes i do know what my neighbours are up to! lol

I found a couple of the questions weird because they had very little to do with American civics, but oh well...lol
    Good on ya !

I got the historical ones wrong, got the bill of right s mixed up and I didn't know that the electoral college is who elects the president.

I did find it odd that it states that only congress can declare war, I was pretty sure that the President can declare war without congress for 30 days, no?

•You answered 26 out of 33 correctly — 78.79 %

Never took an economics class before, so on those I guessed.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

can i pls get deported to venezuela

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Good on ya !

I got the historical ones wrong, got the bill of right s mixed up and I didn't know that the electoral college is who elects the president.

I did find it odd that it states that only congress can declare war, I was pretty sure that the President can declare war without congress for 30 days, no?
    I did ok with most of em.

I got 5 wrong.

One of them was a economic question about what outsourcing/importing does.
    Test said increase productivity and I said it increases import tariffs.

I got another one wrong in regards to a 1858 discussion between Lincoln and someone else and what the topic was.

Dang! I shoulda kept the wrong answers because I know a couple of em were pretty obscure lol.

also, after two Bush terms who doesn't know the electoral college is the final say on american elecetions? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Cool quiz.

I scored 94% (2 incorrect answers).

Thanks for the link Sanjuro.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    ice cube???
    no, ICE are the ones who take the payements to look away from criminals and focus more on hardworking families instead... ICE protects more cayotes(sp?) than they actually bust...

right?

RIGHT!!!!

your beaurocracy is disgusting... here we have one acronym that covers almost all others... RCMP... not that they dont have a million and one problems and faults, but they get the same units of work for less dollars... way less middlemen and paper shufflers...

anybody remember CLUE??? those fukcers ruined my summer of 97...

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Good on ya !

yes and no... it depends on the situation... the chief cant just arbitrarilly invade anyone for 30 days tho... but then millitary action isnt the same as war... in fact, before 9/11 the sates hadnt been to actual war since before korea... they were only engaged in police action and advisory and supportive positions
    like vietnam, it was never declared as a war...

not only does congress declare war, but the pay for it too... they have both hands around it...