Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Stands Out About TCMAists in The Ring?

What Stands Out About TCMAists in The Ring?

What are some of the positive things that TCMAist do that stand out in the ring?

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    What are some of the positive things that TCMAist do that stand out in the ring?
    nothing, it's a ring, everyone weighs about the same and is held to the same rule set.

the only way to stand out is to win and keep winning within the rule set. Then, eventually you won't win anymore and another guy will.

there is no life or death.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Since you're a humble wing chun guy, what is your answer to the same question?

iron crotch
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    iron crotch
    not even once
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by david jamieson View Post
    not even once
    constantly!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

when does the iron crotch bacon?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

with eggs, toast and pancakes.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    nothing, it's a ring, everyone weighs about the same and is held to the same rule set.
    Are you implying Kung Fu only works if it has a weight, size, weapon advantage?

Rules vary. If one wants to fight with no rules there are professional (paid) venues for that as well.... but you will need a visa.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    the only way to stand out is to win and keep winning within the rule set. Then, eventually you won't win anymore and another guy will.

there is no life or death.
    This is somewhat true. Consistently winning is how you stand out. Ironically, I have a harder time consistently winning in the cage, my record is better in BJJ. With that said, the better you are, the more well known you are, your opponents collect video. Study your tendencies. See what you like to do....when you have 15 Main Event fights in national TV, people tend to see your style, way of fighting.

Nobody wins them all. This says something about the level of competitors. Its also why people train hard, adopt. Are eager to learn new things. Bring in outside experts for a different point of view

With all this said, check out Jacare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHD067Gx7hw

I love this guy's style. He's a stand out in open/all weight class division on an international level. He wins because he's extraordinary.

To say there is no life or death in combat sports is not accurate. People die fighting for sport. More people are injured. And everyone gets hurt.... there are consequences. And you should respect that. ... you blow off and are too quickly to make light of the level of commitment and sacrifices martial artists make to acquire what it takes to enter that ring or cage or mat or tatami, etc.

Not only are these men and women dedicated martial artists, they tend to be the best at any given camp. They're the extraordinary ones..... the military goes through great pains to debrief their personnel when they get back from a live mission. There is value there. ... you toss it aside and devalue it for what reason?

when they get knocked out, their bodies naturally form a yin-yang symbol when viewed from above...

when they get knocked out, their bodies naturally form a yin-yang symbol when viewed from above...
    in perfect harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    with eggs, toast and pancakes.
    the correct answer is "at midday"

If I had said "when does the narwhal bacon" then the correct answer would be "midnight".

@ray- I'm not implying anything of the sort, how did you read that into it? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

in the ring

yes you fight with rules

and may the best man win.

some of your CMA training may have to be modified to be safe

no kicking knee, etc

--

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    in the ring

yes you fight with rules

and may the best man win.

some of your CMA training may have to be modified to be safe

no kicking knee, etc

--

well, more along the eyes of stick to the rules and don't fight dirty.
    fighting dirty is how to shorten fights.

putting gloves on, setting weight limits, having everyone train hard in a fairly similar methodology makes fights last longer...so people will pay a little bit to watch them.

what's not to get?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ok ill be serious for a moment and on topic.

What Stands Out About TCMAists in The Ring?

the place i think you will see the highest population of tcma people fighting in the ring would be sanshou.

in my opinion what stands out the most in this ring sport in comparison with other full contact fight sports is; the combination and exclusion to stand up and throwing/sweeping, in what could be considered ()a 'kickboxing' environment. really its a solid package for a good portion of a complete mma game. its that combination of striking and wrestling in sport that i think tcma displays best as its 'flavor' in full contact sport fighting. you can see this strength really come out when you see people who have trained under the sanshou ruleset for years switch over to the mma rule set.

now i know this is generally a quality attributed to the rules in which the people are fighting and any 'style' can compete in sanshou. but i still believe that when you are talking about tcma people actually fighting full contact, you will see them training in this fashion for that arena more often than anything else.
    Last edited by Lucas; 07-13-2011 at 07:50 PM.