Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Stands Out About TCMAists in The Ring?

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    in the ring

yes you fight with rules

and may the best man win.

some of your CMA training may have to be modified to be safe

no kicking knee, etc

--

No kicking knee? What about hamstring? (Canadian Hamstring?).

Wouldn't MMA be better satuated in oil? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XmWjMcDlYE

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    Since you're a humble wing chun guy, what is your answer to the same question?
    I think that one thing that stand out is that the kicking is has a good combination of speed and power. Somewhat snappy like TKD, but with some hip like MT. Also, I think that a lot of the San da fighters display a good transition between hands and feet. Meaning that a good bit of the time in MT, you will see guys either just kick in an exchange or just punch because they don't transition from one to the other as well.

yep thai guys suck at combining hands and feet ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCocBsKI5vU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjY8a...eature=related

where as heres sanda star cung lee absolutely not throwing single kicks and absolutely not throwing punch combinations without kicks....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kItU8sK7jgg id also like to say im impressd how cung lee uses snap kicks and doesnt roll his hips into his round kicks or really throw his weight into his side kicks...oh wait my bad he does

on a serious note to me what stands out is the use of some different techniques, side kick is seen alot and not something you see from thai guys, they seem to like to angle off a bit more, thais like to stand from on and trade, but then the are built like tree trunks lol

in sanda you see more throw and takedowns but whether that unique to tcma in the ring, or the rules they are fighting i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    yep thai guys suck at combining hands and feet ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCocBsKI5vU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjY8a...eature=related

where as heres sanda star cung lee absolutely not throwing single kicks and absolutely not throwing punch combinations without kicks....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kItU8sK7jgg id also like to say im impressd how cung lee uses snap kicks and doesnt roll his hips into his round kicks or really throw his weight into his side kicks...oh wait my bad he does
    It's a general trend not something that is necessarily inherent in one-fight or one fighter, certainly not a highlight clip. Stop being a baby because your knife fighting is crap and you got powned so now you want to cry. Cung le uses a lot of TKD so... Shut up.

If I am going to compare a Kung fu kick to MT, it is less committed so it allows for better follow up. MT's especially of the traditional variety bring a lot more force with their kicks usually dropping the hands and committing the entire torso to kick which prevents a lot of follow-up. If you would have trained well enough to actually become an instructor in TCMA, you wouldn't be running through youtube trying to make stupid comparisons that you know nothing about.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 07-14-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    It's a general trend not something that is necessarily inherent in one-fight or one fighter, certainly not a highlight clip. Stop being a baby because your knife fighting is crap and you got powned so now you want to cry. Cung le uses a lot of TKD so... Shut up.

If I am going to compare a Kung fu kick to MT, it is less committed so it allows for better follow up. MT's especially of the traditional variety bring a lot more force with their kicks usually dropping the hands and committing the entire torso to kick which prevents a lot of follow-up. If you would have trained well enough to actually become an instructor in TCMA, you wouldn't be running through youtube trying to make stupid comparisons that you know nothing about.
    I believe on the knife fighting thread when you were asked to post clips of what you thought was good as no one else agreed with you you had a hissy fit saying I never post clips so why should you....I calmly pointed out the clips don’t have to have you in them and also posted a clip of myself......still waiting for you to post something........I also pointed out the strikes from the 2 on 1 and the elbow wrenches that might work as a disarm, and how the leverage is applied in that position makes going for the fingers worse than the blade (maybe as I say and contrary to what you typed about me I didn’t advocate going for the blade I said it might be an idea never done it) so who’s the baby now
    Thais dont drop there hands when kicking, some swim the hip through using the hand others don’t, if you had any thai training you would know this
    Oh and I was an instructor in TCMA under my master, thanks for playing though
    Last edited by Frost; 07-14-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Is Hardwork not around anymore?
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Is Hardwork not around anymore?
    he is too busy writting on the is wing chun internal thread (got hes probably semi hard just reading that thread title) telling everyone they do wing chun wrong to have a go at us MMA guys

I also pointed out the strikes from the 2 on 1 and the elbow wrenches that might work as a disarm, and how the leverage is applied in that position makes going for the fingers worse than the blade (maybe as I say and contrary to what you typed about me I didn’t advocate going for the blade I said it might be an idea never done it) so who’s the baby now
    You are changing your story. You were and are wrong and you know it and now you want to save face. You will get one try grabbing the blade just once. Keep some ice with you so that you can get your fingers sewn back on.

Thais don drop there hands when kicking, some swim the him through using the hand other don’t, if you had any thai training you would know this
    The exception proving the rule. All sorts of schools do all sorts of things. Again, it's bout the general trend. It's the logic that I have come to expect from your feeble mind.

Oh and I was an instructor in TCMA under my master, thanks for playing
    Why is your striking knowledge so poor then? I guess he taught you to throw your kicks so hard that you spin around like a top so that you couldn't follow up? Is that right?

Is Wing Chun internal?

Is Wing Chun internal?
    what are you trying to do...................make him appear on this thread!!!!

If only someone could give me some conclusive evidence on the dangers of the trilateral commission's efforts to undermine the military-industrial-congressional complex in their war against the New World Order for total world globalization...

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    You are changing your story. You were and are wrong and you know it and now you want to save face. You will get one try grabbing the blade just once. Keep some ice with you so that you can get your fingers sewn back on.

The exception proving the rule. All sorts of schools do all sorts of things. Again, it's bout the general trend. It's the logic that I have come to expect from your feeble mind.

Why is your striking knowledge so poor then? I guess he taught you to throw your kicks so hard that you spin around like a top so that you couldn't follow up? Is that right?
    Nope all thais are told to keep at least 1 hand up, most keep both, which you would know if you trained thai....just so we can be clear my striking knowledge for TCMA comes from my old master who trained semi and full contact fighters for decades, my second sifu who trained guys for sanda and my thai knowledge comes from my MMA coach who has cornered and trained the likes of paul daley, jimmy wallhead (also a coach of mine) dan hardy etc, so whats your thai background, whats your stikeing background........... so we can compare

If only someone could give me some conclusive evidence on the dangers of the trilateral commission's efforts to undermine the military-industrial-congressional complex in their war against the New World Order for total world globalization...
    stop it just stop it right there