Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What Stands Out About TCMAists in The Ring?

Give this man a cigar, well said!!
    Thanks bro, but seriously. thats been my biggest gripe in the "KUNG FU" world for the longest time. the WU DE thing was very appealing to the "INTELLECTUALS" and the fighters were like "EFF NO" I'm kicking his ass"......

What needs to take place is for some THUGS, BULLIES,GANGSTERS,HOOLIGANS,ETC. to start becoming a little more intellectual and push out this **** tree hugging types who would rather embrace LOVE within a fighting art. WTF!!!!!!!

sorry had to vent on that.

Watch the fights. However, you have already demonstrated an inability to pull any information from the action.
    You should go study with him so that you can learn something of value since by your ratonale San Da doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    You'll have to explain that.
    In the 60's and 70's and even a bit into the 80's, roids was something BB took and even high level pro and amat athletes ( olympic level).
    It really wasn't an option for the non-pro "saturday night" MA fighter.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You should go study with him
    I know Duke pretty well, already said that, but apparently you can't read the English language

perhaps

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I trained briefly with Joe Lewis. I was training with one of his students in Washington DC.

When "full contact" began in the US, those guys doing the sort of "point fighting" that humble just put up thought everyone would die from side kicks, etc

Obviously, people didn't die because they were side kicked (or punched)

Lewis, Bill Wallace, Benny the Jet all went from point to full contact BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO BE MORE REAL. I believe Don Wilson also started out in point

However, tons of the "legends" of point fighting were seriously embarassed when they tried to do it with real contact

There was also the Canadian (name escapes me at the moment) who was a green belt because he refused to learn kata/forms who KO'ed over 25 "black belts"

That was Jean-Yves Therioult I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    That was Jean-Yves Therioult I believe.
    BINGO!

man, it was floating around in my mind, but I couldn't remember his name

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

BINGO!

man, it was floating around in my mind, but I couldn't remember his name
    His boxing was superb and he was from a "ju-jutsu" club in Quebec, I forget which one.
    His stache was awesome !!

He was world MW champion for years.

In the 60's and 70's and even a bit into the 80's, roids was something BB took and even high level pro and amat athletes ( olympic level).
    It really wasn't an option for the non-pro "saturday night" MA fighter.
    That's just not the case. I know plenty of guys in their 50's and 60's who got steroids pretty easy at the local gyms all through the 70's. They weren't illegal to possess then.

Besides... We aren't talking about local athletes. We are talking about a pro who I believe grew up in California where I know for sure that that they were easy to get.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 07-15-2011 at 08:20 AM.

I will not discredit any TMA for their kicks, however, the major difference I have experienced is that power kicks like those found in Muay Thai and kickboxing do damage as compared to the quick, snap style kicks found in point fighting.

Not that these kicks can not be trained to have power, because they can. Hook kicks, ax kicks, even crescent kicks can be trained in a manner that make them much more viable to full contact fighting and not quick little snaps followed by a loud kia with posturing and hands at the waist (fu**ck point fighting up it's stupid a**ss)

It's not the kicks, but the context in which they are used.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

I know Duke pretty well, already said that, but apparently you can't read the English language

perhaps
    His guys banging out your fighters at events isn't knowing him. Maybe he would recognize you if he saw you? So what dude.

That's just not the case. I know plenty of guys in their 50's and 60's who got steroids pretty easy at the local gyms all through the 70's. They weren't illegal to possess then.
    Guys in the MA?
    I am not sure what circles you hung around but that would most certainly be the minority I would think.
    In regards to Ron, unless you KNOW he took roids, what you are doing is basically slander so I would suggest you either cite your sources or, well...drop it.

blah blah desperately trying to be clever blah blah showing I am clueless blah blah blah

Guys in the MA?
    I am not sure what circles you hung around but that would most certainly be the minority I would think.
    In regards to Ron, unless you KNOW he took roids, what you are doing is basically slander so I would suggest you either cite your sources or, well...drop it.
    Ron was born in NY and Worked in California. He had access to Roids. I am sure that Ron lifted some with that build.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    I will not discredit any TMA for their kicks, however, the major difference I have experienced is that power kicks like those found in Muay Thai and kickboxing do damage as compared to the quick, snap style kicks found in point fighting.

Not that these kicks can not be trained to have power, because they can. Hook kicks, ax kicks, even crescent kicks can be trained in a manner that make them much more viable to full contact fighting and not quick little snaps followed by a loud kia with posturing and hands at the waist (fu**ck point fighting up it's stupid a**ss)

It's not the kicks, but the context in which they are used.
    Context is, indeed, king.
    Also lets not forget that snap kicks are used for one thing and thrust kicks ofr another.
    EX:
    The snap roundhouse kick with minmal hip is used for an "in close" kick, in punching range, where as the wider and more sweeping round kick like those used by Thais is more of a distance kick.
    This is NOT to say that it CAN't Be use din close, it is just more ideally used at a distance.
    Same for the front snap vs the front thrust or the "teep".

Quote Originally Posted by Kip from Napoleon Dynamite View Post
    I am just telling the truth... You can't prove any different. If you were out hobnobbing with the greats then you wouldn't be laying on this board 24/7.