Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What Stands Out About TCMAists in The Ring?

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    I am just telling the truth...

you don't seem to realize you have become the laughing stock of the forum
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    Ron was born in NY and Worked in California. He had access to Roids. I am sure that Ron lifted some with that build.
    That build?
    Seriously, that build was good and you can see the great genetics but there is no reason to believe roids because of it.
    I think you are way off there, sorry.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Kip from Napolean dynamite View Post

you don't seem to realize that I have become the laughing stock of the forum
    I wonder if Duke Roufus lays on a karate board 24/7 trying to convince people that he is the ultimate source of knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Context is, indeed, king.
    Also lets not forget that snap kicks are used for one thing and thrust kicks ofr another.
    EX:
    The snap roundhouse kick with minmal hip is used for an "in close" kick, in punching range, where as the wider and more sweeping round kick like those used by Thais is more of a distance kick.
    This is NOT to say that it CAN't Be use din close, it is just more ideally used at a distance.
    Same for the front snap vs the front thrust or the "teep".
    Another thing to add is some snap kicks can be trained to produce serious power. I remember you stating in your Taekwondo days your lead leg had knockout type of power, and i have trained with and sparred guys who had this as well. Different things work for different people. Much like when people tell me ax kicks are useless and don't work and I show them a video of Andy Hug.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

I read something about steroids a few pages back. Let us be honest here about
    UFC fighters. Most of them probably dope just like in every other competitive sport accept for golf and pool.

Until they establish Olympic style drug testing we will never know the truth. If two competitors are equally matched you cannot deny that steroids will give one an edge. Eg: Chael Sonnen vs Anderson Silva. Chael is a great wrestler but I believe the steroids allowed him to beat Silva for five rounds until Silva submitted him.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    That build?
    Seriously, that build was good and you can see the great genetics but there is no reason to believe roids because of it.
    I think you are way off there, sorry.
    We will have to agree to disagree. He seemed a bit bigger in that video. I am not saying that he was always on. He was pretty slender a lot of the time.

Arguing about who is on steroids or not is kinda not worth arguing. Without access to Ron for questioning or his drug test results you will never know.

Just assume that he was and let it go.

Humble can you not see the inconsistency of saying on the one hand cung lee (after I posted a clip of him) isn’t a good example of TCMA kicking because he does TKD, then posting a clip of TKD kicking to show good TCMA kicking (im not even going to mention the other kick it was that bad) then arguing Ron isn’t a good example of TCMA in a full contact event because he did point sparring…………news flash he is TCMA and it was a full contact event, how does that NOT make it TCMA in a full contact event? If you can do better please show us

As for the roids thing again nothing screams to me he was on them, I don’t have any prove he does and since you bench over 400 squat over 600 and are big yourself we should ask do you take them?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Humble can you not see the inconsistency of saying on the one hand cung lee (after I posted a clip of him) isn’t a good example of TCMA kicking because he does TKD, then posting a clip of TKD kicking to show good TCMA kicking (im not even going to mention the other kick it was that bad)
    I thought that you would say that. The videos that I found were just one's that appeared consistent with what I believe to be correct TCMA kicking. Admittedly the JKD kick wasn't a great example (which I said), but it had some elements that are worth thinking about. He did a good job of generating a good amount of power via speed. But, yea, there are a lot of shenanigans in that video.

then arguing Ron isn’t a good example of TCMA in a full contact event because he did point sparring…………news flash he is TCMA and it was a full contact event, how does that NOT make it TCMA in a full contact event? If you can do better please show us
    I just said that he looked like he was points fighting. He was a product of the time. That's all I was trying to point out. I didn't say that it was good or bad.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 07-16-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Humble can you not see the inconsistency of saying on the one hand cung lee (after I posted a clip of him) isn’t a good example of TCMA kicking because he does TKD,
    It would have been more correct if I would have just said that he wasn't demonstrating things in those highlights that represented TCMA by my understanding Which is fine. I don't really care if TCMA guys necessarily go out and represent TCMA. However, I think that people with a TCMA background will find certain things help them in full-contact and they will continue to use them in the ring.

It would have been more correct if I would have just said that he wasn't demonstrating things in those highlights that represented TCMA by my understanding Which is fine.
    I study kung fu. can you tell me what is a kung fu kick? or how TCMA is supposed to kick? i'm confused. i thought what ever kick works the best for you to achieve maximum power and speed is what you should do or work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    I study kung fu. can you tell me what is a kung fu kick? or how TCMA is supposed to kick? i'm confused. i thought what ever kick works the best for you to achieve maximum power and speed is what you should do or work on.
    I agree. There is no one kick that a TCMA practitioner has to rely upon. I learned every kind of kick from the snappiest TKD looking thing to the heaviest "thai" kick in TCMA. I think that there is just a standard basic kicking method that exemplifies TCMA, but it/we are certainly not limited to one kick or method.

I was just trying to discuss what would typically be taught to a beginner in TCMA.

I agree. There is no one kick that a TCMA practitioner has to rely upon. I learned every kind of kick from the snappiest TKD looking thing to the heaviest "thai" kick in TCMA. I think that there is just a standard basic kicking method that exemplifies TCMA, but it/we are certainly not limited to one kick or method.

I was just trying to discuss what would typically be taught to a beginner in TCMA.
    i feel you. the only thing that matters when kicking is if its effective, fast, and powerful. IMHO, nothing else matters. we all have kicks. they change tho' when it comes to actual combat. People who have fought know "I don't wanna kick like this because...." so they adapt whatever kicking method that matches them.

Ok i'm out of this convo cause i only wanted to know if you thought there was a specific way or element that says something is a kung fu kick. peace.

CMA, as I learned, generally will chamber the side kick differ from other styles. The tkd and karate side kick I learn chamber the sidekick a diff way
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    CMA, as I learned, generally will chamber the side kick differ from other styles. The tkd and karate side kick I learn chamber the sidekick a diff way
    I learned 2 ways in TCMA. I know that Shotokan has a funny little method all it's own.