Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here ever eat dog?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    as long as it's adult kitty and not the kind of pedobear treat that could be misconstrued as.
    Of course and short haired too, don't much care for long haired kitty eating.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Of course and short haired too, don't much care for long haired kitty eating.
    I hate when food gets stuck in my teeth.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I hate when food gets stuck in my teeth.
    You dig where I'm coming from my Brother !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I think I've made it pretty clear I do not feel any guilt whatsoever about the sins of my father.

People have to lift themselves up and stop blaming their plight on others.

I don't buy the whole story you're selling. It isn't serviceable when it comes to reality in many respects. If people don't want to be urban, it is not a requirement to be so.

We, all of us each only has a single lifetime to get used to anything. That applies to all the living. Saying that someone is held back because their grandfathers didn't prepare is ludicrous in my opinion.

My grandfather grew up without cars! Then there were cars! then rockets! then computers!

I grew up without computers, or televisions in the house and then there were computers and televisions! Stuff changes, humans don't.

Stupid and lazy is sadly fitting the bill with many.
    Pressed down and held back by a force not their own is a smaller part and gets dealt with daily.

If we can break these dictators and oust them and get everybody up off their asses and stop the habit of stretching out the hand and have it pick up a tool instead, I think we'd get ****her.

As i grow older, I start to fall more in line with survival of the fittest thinking.
    im not saying you should feel guilty... what im saying is that we, as a nation, should be more willing to admit the mistakes of our past... a lil understanding goes a long way... of course natives have a responsibility to pull themselves out of the gutter... but we shouldnt be holding them down either... im not saying that you should be doing anything for them, but you should aknowledge a few simple truths about their plight...

but i couldnt agree more about how most canadians are lazy fat wastes of untapped potential... greed and selfishness is a huge problem, the apathetic attitude only makes it worse... we are rockin out the slippery slope for sure... for example, our medical system is being hammered because most people eat chips and pop for snacks and never exercise... then me, somebody who actually does healthy things, ends up paying for their care... its no wonder our system is dying, its overloaded with fat asses and lazy retards...

10,000 dogs

Dog meat for the summer solstice.
    Chinese city dogged by criticism over dog-meat festival

People of Yulin, Guangxi province, cherish summer solstice tradition but animal rights groups denounce event as inhumane

Jonathan Kaiman in Beijing
    guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 18 June 2013 10.36 EDT

Chinese volunteers rescue dogs destined for dog-meat restaurants. In China, dog meat is prized as a nutritious wintertime dish. Photograph: Quirky China News/Rex Features

Residents of a small city in southern China plan to hold an annual dog-meat festival on Friday amid intense criticism from animal rights groups, which have denounced the one-day event as unsafe and inhumane.

Residents of Yulin in Guangxi province consider the festival an ancient summer solstice tradition. Many cherish their city's dog-meat culture, which involves the mass consumption of dog-meat hotpot served with lychees and strong grain liquor.

Animal rights groups say 10,000 dogs are slaughtered during the festival each year, and that many are electrocuted, burned and skinned alive. Pictures posted online show flayed dogs, dogs hanging from meat hooks, and piles of dog corpses on the side of the road. In China dog meat is prized as a nutritious wintertime dish that doctors can prescribe to treat maladies such as impotence and poor circulation.

Dog meat being prepared for sale in Yulin, Guangxi province Dog meat being prepared for sale in Yulin, Guangxi province. Photograph: Quirky China News/Rex

Activists have tried to block the event on numerous occasions through open letters and street protests. Some have implored the UK and US governments to interfere with the festival via online petitions. "Please help us stop the Yulin Festival of eating dogs in Guangxi province. It is bloody and disregards life," a petition on the US White House website was titled.

"They use knives to kill the dogs which are alive," it said, according to the South China Morning Post. "Then people would like to burn the dogs, which are conscious, so they can eat them." The petition was recently taken down because it failed to meet the 100,000 signature threshold required to elicit a response from the Obama administration.

Chinese diners tuck into dog-meat hotpot in a restaurant in Yulin, Guangxi province Chinese diners tuck into dog-meat hotpot in a restaurant in Yulin, Guangxi province. Photograph: Imaginechina/Rex Features

According to an open letter by the Hong Kong-based NGO Animals Asia, many of the dogs consumed during the festival are strays and abductees. Some are transported to the city on filthy, overcrowded trucks, significantly increasing the risk that they carry rabies and other contagious diseases. Yulin officials claim that the dogs are raised by local farmers.

"Stolen dogs without quarantine certificates are cruelly slaughtered and sold to restaurants at very low prices," Master Huici, assistant director of the Hebei Buddhism Charity Foundation, told the state-run Global Times newspaper.

Yulin officials did not pick up the phone on Tuesday afternoon, outside of working hours.

Last month Chinese border officials seized 213 bear paws – an expensive ingredient in traditional Chinese medicine – and arrested two Russian citizens for trying to smuggle them into the country in vehicle tyres.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

10,000 dogs

Now I'm wondering what other cultures still eat dogs. I know Koreans do. Anyone else know?

Experts warn about risk of rabies outbreak at Yulin dog meat festival

Chinese experts this month sent a letter to the government of Yulin, home of the annual and widely controversial dog meat festival, imploring that the traditional gathering of mass canine consumption be brought to an end, as it can increase the risk of contracting rabies.

The seven experts in the fields of veterinary medicine, law and animal welfare said in the letter that the long-distance transport of live dogs further aids the contraction and spread of the deadly viral infection.

In past years, more than 10,000 dogs were estimated to have been slaughtered for the festival, which falls on June 21 every year. Due in part to the barrage of activists and animal-lovers who arrived in Yulin to protest the event this past year, however, it's believed that only some 2,000 canines were consumed at participating restaurants.

The Yulin government has long denied any involvement in organizing the event, yet it insists that it cannot put an end to the activity because China doesn't outlaw eating dog meat. Experts in the letter urged the government to step in, or else face a potential link to a rabies outbreak, according to Xinhua.

"Transporting and butchering so many dogs, if they haven't had the rabies vaccine, will pose a certain risk to those who do the job," the letter said.

Furthermore, the experts pointed to food safety concerns due to unclear sourcing of the dogs. Citing their own investigations, animal welfare groups claim that most of the dogs consumed during the event are strays and pets as well as dogs stolen or poisoned, in Yulin or from other parts of the country.

Certainly enough, just two months ago in Zhejiang, 17 men pled guilty to trading in tons of toxic dog meat which ended up on dinner plates at restaurants. Between 2012 and 2013, the men killed 95 dogs in Ningbo city by poisoning them with cyanide or by shooting them with anesthetic needles.

The Yulin government denies any such risks and says that safety checks have been put in place regulating shipments of dogs that come into the city. Loopholes in the system, however, were acknowledged.

The local government agreed that for now, it would condemn and strictly prohibit public displays of killing during the festival, after last June's event saw vendors trying to extort money from animal lovers by cruelly swinging dogs around by their necks in a taunting display.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

In 10th Century China the Han had humans (including children) on the menu that you could order as long as you could pay for it. *Referred to as 2-legged lamb. In India, out in the countryside there are people who depend on catching grain-fed rats as their main source of food for survival. Breeding/stealing dogs and cats for eating is inexcusable in this day and age.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 10-23-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Now I'm wondering what other cultures still eat dogs. I know Koreans do. Anyone else know?
    Mexicans are known for eating dogs.

In some cities in Isaan (north east region of Thailand) they eat dogs. Apparently they come to other provinces to collect them as well.
    Thais from other areas can be pretty critical of this...

Also, as Palm Striker was mentioning...rats...apparently the rats from the fields are clean, but rats from a house are dirty and not eaten.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

The Yulin Festival

Look: Dog butchers prepare their quarry for Yulin Festival, outraging activists

yulin1.jpg

As the annual Yulin dog meat festival approaches, so does the annual backlash from China's dog-lovers. It's estimated that 10,000 dogs will be slaughtered this year, and activists are doing everything they can to inspire a ban on 'chowing on Chow Chow' - some for the narrow-minded reason of "I like them therefore it's immoral to eat them" (but it's okay to eat other more endangered species), and smarter activists because the festival is suspected of sourcing kidnapped pets and diseased strays.

IB Times reports:

Ahead of this year's event, due to take place on 21 June, activists across the globe are calling for a halt to the event, with over $20,000 (£11,900) raised by one campaign to help rescue dogs and track those illegally capturing and killing the animals.

However, activists including celebrities, lawyers and food safety experts are calling for an end to the practice. Chinese pop stars Chen Kuna and Yang Mi have supported campaigns against the festival on China's sina Weibo.

An animal rights lawyer in Beijing said that official claims that all dogs are bred by local dog farmers is false. An Xiang said according to research there are no such farms and that all dogs are abducted from the streets.
    Authorities state that if this is the case, butchers risk contracting rabies while consumers risk consuming tainted, even highly poisonous meat. This past year officials have busted several clandestine rings involved in poisoning and abducting both pets and strays for food.

Even still, it's unlikely that the Yulin government will implement a ban anytime soon as many locals have rallied to defend the ancient summer solstice tradition. Said the Yulin deputy mayor last year, "changing the dietary habits of millions of citizens takes time." So in the meantime it looks like they'll be turning wiener dogs into Wienerschnitzel, especially if only 20 activists turn out for this year's event, like they did last year.

Anti-dog meat demonstrators in Dalian protest the Yulin Festival

According to archaeological findings, dogs have been raised by Chinese for food since 10,000 B.C (it might've even been their first purpose!), and continue to be in several Asian countries. Unfortunately, it seems more and more are turning from using designated food dogs to abducting Lassie to satisfy their canine cravings.

[Pics via Xinhuanet.com]

Contact the author of this article or email tips@shanghaiist.com with further questions, comments or tips.
    By Benjamin Cost in Food on Jun 12, 2014 6:00 PM
    Consuming tainted, even highly poisonous meat is an issue no matter what species it may be.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Some of the North American Native cultures ate dog (yes there was a breed or two of dog in N. America and more breeds were introduced during/ after colonial times) during an important time of the year (similar concept as the Chinese eating dog to celebrate the solstice... for a very special occasion.)

There is a significance why a special dog (s) was specially chosen... perhaps their fur coat was white, for instance. White was a significant color that meant something.

Of course, this is from an old tradition and is looking into the past. Its rare that this would still happen in certain communities. For the most part, it doesn't happen anymore. But once in a while you might hear a Native person joke about this subject.

For the record, it is taboo in certain cultures to eat animals that most Americans take for granted. In India alot of people do not eat cows. Jewish people do not eat pigs. Also, western people usually do not eat any of the organs of the animal, which is where all the good nutrients are (beef tendon, chicken hearts, etc.) which is very curious. Only the "meat" is processed for the consumption of the mass population. I say, they are feeding us junk.

Also, in the modern world, animal rights activists may have a point about how the dogs are treated. Times have changed. I have no problem going into the bush, hunting an animal for it's pelt, such as a beaver or skunk, and tanning it's hide, and making a pouch out of the animal, so long as this animal is not endangered in anyway and the animal "presents" itself to me. However, I would never go out and buy a fur coat or fur clothing at a retail store- the animals there are penned all day and the treatment is just horrible. In fact, I would say, boycott such places.

In ww2, pretty much all European cultures ate dog meat. It has since become a thing of the past.
    There are African cultures and of course most notably Asian cultures that still do it. Particularly Mainland China and Korea, which actually has a specific breed of dog that is bred for it's meat.

the idea that one culture should dictate the dietary habits of another is entirely absurd as far as I'm concerned. Like anything else, if there is to be change, it will be from within.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

No!
    I'd eat likes of you before a dog! Eat the trog, keep the dog grasshopper! The latter your friend, the former turns regardless of your aid or favor.
    One of those threads it's obligatory.....I always thought monkey eaters beneath the level of an animal too.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    In 10th Century China the Han had humans (including children) on the menu that you could order as long as you could pay for it. *Referred to as 2-legged lamb. In India, out in the countryside there are people who depend on catching grain-fed rats as their main source of food for survival. Breeding/stealing dogs and cats for eating is inexcusable in this day and age.
    i eat ur mama poosy

fried dog leg taste pretty good

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

That's one thing you won't have to worry about. Ain't nobody plating up you!

Name:  1380524_10205531468058747_2596603969785712790_n.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  18.0 KB
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu