Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here ever eat dog?

Anyone here ever eat dog?

"SEOUL (Reuters Life!) - Thursday was not a good day to be a dog in South Korea. That's because it was one of the three hottest days according to the Korean lunar calendar -- and dog soup is one way to beat the heat.

On "Chobok," people seeking to protect the body from overheating eat traditional healthy foods such as ginseng chicken soup, broiled eel, and "bo-shin-tang," literally "body preservation stew."

Dogs are bred to be eaten in South Korea, and advocates say bo-shin-tang, which consists of dog meat boiled in a mix of hot and strong spices and vegetables, is good for the health. It is considered a delicacy by some.

"The reason why I eat dog soup is because it boosts my energy, even when I'm most tired," said 56-year-old Shin Gwan-sup, sitting in a dog soup restaurant.

"Compared to other meats, it has more protein and less fat. I think it is healthy and clean, a more suitable meat for us."

The Korean practice of eating dog has drawn criticism from overseas for its cruelty, with French actress and animal rights activist Brigitte Bardot among some of the most vocal critics.

But Korean dog meat connoisseurs remain undaunted, with long lines forming on Thursday outside dog specialty restaurants.

Beating the heat was painful for diners this year, though, with the price of the ginseng chicken soup, or sangyetang, jumping. Severe rain has also pushed up the price of vegetables used in the soups."

Source:
    http://news.yahoo.com/dog-menu-korea...094612304.html

So has anyone here ever ate dog? I know it's eaten in China too, and that some members here have travelled to China.

Someone once made a good point. Dogs, for whatever reason, tend to empathize and bond with man more than virtually any other animal. True, you have domesticated versions of nearly everything, but the bond between man and dog is a particularly special one. Unconditional love and trust are traits we don't often display, even from human to human. Dogs offer it freely.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

No offense America, but I'm laughing at two examples of you right now.

I've eaten dog. It was ok. Stringy, cause it was an older sled dog.

It is common in Arctic regions to have a little dog meat now and then.

Wassa matta 1badbj? You been reading up your propaganda on those terrible North Korean dog eaters again looking for more new ways to hate other people in the world that aren't like you?

lol AND

p.s Drake, you're a bonehead romantic.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm told cat is better.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Filipino's eat dog all the time. especially the black ones because they believe a black dog out of all the others have a certain kind of power. if they eat it they would become strong.

nothing wrong with dog or cat meat...if it walks on all fours, slithers, flies or lives in water it is ok to eat.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Ummm...depending on what lists you look at, there's only 14-17 domesticated animal species

I've had dog. I was also too drunk to remember the taste

I had dog soup once, near Shaolin

DJ is right. It's a nasty, stringy meat. It was also very salty, but that might have been the soup. It did not give me any extra energy. That was back in the days when I ate stunt food.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i eat dogs, and im fukin proud of it.

dog eaters unite

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i eat dogs, and im fukin proud of it.

dog eaters unite
    Is that a euphemism?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

little baby dogs taste the best, theyre like popcorn chicken.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

not to my knowledge... but you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    little baby dogs taste the best, theyre like popcorn chicken.
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Is that a euphemism?
    For a thread that is asking who here has eaten a dog, there is a suspicious shortage of euphemisms. Is this the buildup to the hairy dog story to end all hairy dog stories?
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

when you are hungry enough, you will eat anything... it always suprised me how people looked at the foods of other cultures... i always looked at it with wonder and when i was old enough i started to understand why people eat what they eat and all the socio-economic factors involved... ive never thought bad of anyone for doing what they haver to do to get by... well, thats not true... as a young teen i was vegan and pretty mouthy about it... but that was philisophical, not practical... to diss a korean for eating to stay alive and/or eating the foods that is culturally normal, for the reasons i already stated, is wrong... of all the reasons to knockj a korean, food choice wouldnt even make my list...

some people look at us and want to throw up as they imagine what a continent of fat unhealthy c0cksure a$$holes eat...