Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin diet, vegetarianism and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    People can be vegetarian all they want. That just means more fluffy animals for me to devour.
    Just be sure to peel the fluff off before you eat one!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

I am sure you mean, "not as GOOD as Scott"!!!
    doubtful, because, as we ALL know, there is NOTHING as good as Scott, so to even make the comparative as an inverse proposition is fellatio, I mean, fallacious...

vegetarian vitriol & carnivorous causticity

No one here said all Shaolin monks eat meat!
    True, no one said 'all' but there's an underlying implication. Take your earlier statement:
    Except that it is well established that the Shaolin fighters DID eat meat!
    My point is just that not all Shaolin monks, including the 'fighters' ate meat. Only some did. Some still do and some still don't.

That is an interesting perspective, especially since it was the veggies here getting vitriolic over their choice to be a veggie.
    I was speaking in general about the 'more for you' point, not specifically about veggies (or carnivores) here. As for being superior, do you mean generally speaking or in a Three's Company sense?

People can be vegetarian all they want. That just means more fluffy animals for me to devour.
    My point exactly. I'm veg so that Drake can have more burgers.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

And there would be nothing wrong with that!

The purpose of deer are to be eaten by carnivores....and to.eat plants and multiply in order to help control excessive growth by the plants and provide more food for carnivores in order that they may multiply as well!
    So by that rational, the purpose of humans is to be devoured by microscopic bacteria viruses and assorted microbes
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    So by that rational, the purpose of humans is to be devoured by microscopic bacteria viruses and assorted microbes
    Everything is food for something else. It's probably best if folks come to terms with that sooner rather than later. Just because a turnip can't scream in agony when you bite into it doesn't mean you aren't killing a living thing.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

However, the general tone of many veggies is that being a veggie is superior to eating meat, both spiritually and physically, both of which are fallacious beliefs.
    Let's not forget how ridiculous it got early on in this thread, when it was stated by the Wu Gulun followers that vegetarianism is a requirement for spiritual enlightenment and reaching the highest levels of gongfu.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    doubtful, because, as we ALL know, there is NOTHING as good as Scott, so to even make the comparative as an inverse proposition is fellatio, I mean, fallacious...
    Well...I was trying to be humble...fellatio.....I mean fella!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    True, no one said 'all' but there's an underlying implication.
    So by not inserting "some" with Shaolin Fighters, my implication was I meant "ALL" Shaolin Fighters?

I think that was your own conclusion. I am pretty sure I know what my own implication was! At worst I could be accused of inaccurate grammar, but I think my language was accurate enough for a public BB. After all, its not like I am not submitting to a peer reviewed journal or anything like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    At least one of the purposes, but also bears, sharks, alligators...etc. But thats is your rational not mine!

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Let's not forget how ridiculous it got early on in this thread, when it was stated by the Wu Gulun followers that vegetarianism is a requirement for spiritual enlightenment and reaching the highest levels of gongfu.
    You mean it isn't? THEY were the ONLY ones I thought had all the answers I was looking for!

Darn.....now I have to start all over again!

I'd rather die feeding something than die because a human wants my wallet.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Don't be so defensive

I think that was your own conclusion. I am pretty sure I know what my own implication was! At worst I could be accused of inaccurate grammar, but I think my language was accurate enough for a public BB. After all, its not like I am not submitting to a peer reviewed journal or anything like that!
    I wasn't accusing you of anything. That's all that growth hormone in the meat affecting your thinking.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I wasn't accusing you of anything. That's all that growth hormone in the meat affecting your thinking.
    That's why you only buy from local ranchers or hunt. Supporting industrial meat is the same as supporting animal cruelty.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Drake - a human might feed off what it finds in your wallet.

Supporting industrial meat is the same as supporting animal cruelty.
    You can have my bacon now. I'm not going to eat it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ahhh! That explains my extra-large brain.

Our local ranchers don't use hormones! That is for you big city folk!

I'd rather die feeding something than die because a human wants my wallet.
    How about if someone takes your wallet and then eats you? You aren't on hormones are you?

That's why you only buy from local ranchers or hunt. Supporting industrial meat is the same as supporting animal cruelty.
    True enough. In our society in the west, the majority just eat mass murdered concentration camp meat, and frown on hunting as 'barbaric'....here if we don't see it, it's clean and o.k. Ted Nugent's got a super cool, take to school vid on good honest hunting skills and attitudes, kinda turned me around on a few things. I sulked to give up fishing
    I guess I just like the idea that we can choose...we know we can choose...so I choose and I'm just as big, even more powerfull, just as mean as I need ta be and it has improved my internal alchemy. Do plants suffer? Maybe but many plants can give of themselves to others for food without dying almost like a gift. In fact for the most part...a plant has to do that in order to survive, and propagate. Many see the 'food chain' as having a top and a bottom, we being on the top. IMO it is a ring with no top and bottom at all....I gotta admit though...bacon tastes good, pork chops taste...goood...drool....right, salad....veggies...
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 04-06-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

The implication from many of these American Buddhist veggie wannabes is that being a veggie is superior/better in some way, and this is a false presumption!

It is false from a spiritual perspective and it is false from a nutritional/health perspective.
    What does this have to do with anything that I said?

And you missed the correlation between the Tales and Legends used to justify current behavior of eating meat, at that time!
    You must actually secretly love vegetarian food cause the above is pure word salad.

The implication from many of these American Buddhist veggie wannabes is that being a veggie is superior/better in some way, and this is a false presumption!

It is false from a spiritual perspective and it is false from a nutritional/health perspective.
    Do you even read what you are writing?
    I pointed out your own self contradiction. You mad?

Considering that you are conflating me with Mathew and his arguments about dietary superiority and I have never made any such argument who is not reading now? I realize you are upset and it is hard to concentrate, vegetarians are so infuriating.

The links between red meat and increased cancer and Cardiovascular disease are correlations NOT causes!!
    I said 'indicates a link' a qualification that implies correlation.

If it was just one study then the argument about flimsy correlation would be applicable. But its not just one study linking colorectal cancer or high cholesterol to increased red meat consumption, it's thousands of studies, with various methods, parameters and samples over decades.

You yourself indicated an implied acknowledgment of this when you admitted to having high cholesterol and that you could lower it by eating less meat for a month.

I get it. When science doesn't back up what you say you can just run screaming 'You can make studies say anything, correlation is not causation'.