Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin diet, vegetarianism and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    What is so surprise that Arahat levitate?
    Didnt Damo did that to cross the river?

My sentiments exactly, wenshu...

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Citation please? Before you make up anything else and attribute it to the Buddha, please provide the reference from which you get these ideas.

It's present even in Theravāda commentaries, besides Mahāyāna sources.

Hammalawa Saddhatissa, Buddhist Ethics. Wisdom Publications, 1997, pages 60, 159.

I wasn't arguing against either. I was arguing against your understanding of them, and not just with my view but with Buddhist sources.

So stop doing it.

Who do you study Buddhism with?

Who do you study Buddhism with?
    Not your teacher.

Not your teacher.
    hahaha dont be shy.

Sight and hearing are like an illusory covering.
    The Triple Realm, a vision of flowers in space.

When purity is ultimate, the light is penetrating.
    A stillness shines and includes within it
    all of emptiness.
    Looking at the world from this point of view,
    Everything that happens is just like a dream.
    Matangi’s daughter, too, is part of the dream.
    Who was able, then, to physically detain you? ------- Shurangama sutra

http://online.sfsu.edu/~rone/Buddhis...526.screen.pdf

hahaha dont be shy.
    Don't be evasive.

Don't be evasive.
    Ok, I go direct.

Looks like you
    are not a Buddhist but some one who read some books?

with your theory you have posted, those cant even get one to handle one's emotion.
    it is thus, millions miles away from ending reicarnation or samsara.

it is hopeless to even use to select one's next rebirth. encounter the Bardo states
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bardo
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-11-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Hendrik,

Do you have any citation whatsoever for the statement you made that negative karma is produced in dreams, or that the negative karma of killing is created by intention alone without any physical act of killing?

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, even though you are clearly superstitious and believe people can fly. But you maintain that your view is taught by the Buddha and mine is not, so I'm asking for your citation. Do you have one, or not?

Hendrik,

Do you have any citation whatsoever for the statement you made that negative karma is produced in dreams, or that the negative karma of killing is created by intention alone without any physical act of killing?

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, even though you are clearly superstitious and believe people can fly. But you maintain that your view is taught by the Buddha and mine is not, so I'm asking for your citation. Do you have one, or not?

Read the Shurangama and Bardo sutra above.

Also, you are certainly not a practice Buddhist, because practice Buddhist has to hold their precepts even in their dream... and thus they will not asking what you are asking.

Not to mention, even for the Theravada Buddhist who has attained Samadhi, they too know, Dream and awake are a like.

Simply put, lost in the dream means lost samadhi , means turn by the illusion.
    makes an intention of Killing in the dream means one has lost samadhi and further evoke a killing intention.

similarly, when you have a wet dream, is that real?

As for the supertitious part, that is your view because you are a scholar not a practice Buddhist. as in today, there are Arahats monks in the world, as close as in california. People just dont show off. but Buddhist cultivators know who they were. that is reality. unless you passed your boundary of thinking mind, you would not be able to end samsara.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-11-2011 at 04:27 PM.

It says; "Looking at the world from this point of view,
    Everything that happens is just like a dream."

"Like a dream". Clearly there is a distinction between sleep and wakefulness here.

This is only likening our wakeful experience to a dream from the point of view of enlightened experience, in that our ordinary views are illusory, not what they seem. Just like a dream is not real to a person who is awake.

This in no way supports your statement that negative karma is created in actual unconscious dreams of a person in a sleeping state.

Also stop editing posts after 10 minutes. If you want to make a new point, make a new post. This will keep the continuity of the discussion going without confusion or deception through editing.

This in no way supports your statement that negative karma is created in actual unconscious dreams of a person in a sleeping state.

you need to read the whole shurangama sutra.

also,
    as I ask you when you have a wet dream, is that real?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-11-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Also stop editing posts after 10 minutes. If you want to make a new point, make a new post. This will keep the continuity of the discussion going without confusion or deception through editing.

ok. will do.

Buddha Shakyamuni often told his disciples to regard all phenomena as dreams. He used many examples, like an echo, a city in the clouds or a rainbow to illustrate the illusory nature of the phenomenal world.

Dreams represent just one type of illusion. The whole universe arises and dissolves like a mirage. Everything about us, even the most enlightened qualities, are also dreamlike phenomena. T

here's nothing that is not encompassed within the dream of illusory being; so in going to sleep, you're just passing from one dream state to another

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_yoga