Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: nei kung and 100 day's with no sex....

nei kung and 100 day's with no sex....

Any one got any theories as to why this is done in some school's?? we don't do it in the Yang Mian style but I know closed door Wu tai chi does the 100 day thing and when the Choy Lay Fut guy's were training with Master Zhou from Sydney he had them do it.

What practical use does it have other than building up Testosterone and making for sexually frustrated students???

Blog Entries
    Staying away from sex has nothing to do with Nei Kung training. It has to do with general TCMA training.

A: Since yesterday was D's wedding, he must be tired from last night.
    B: I bet you that he won't dare to come to school in the next 3 days.
    C: If he comes, he doesn't need to wrestle, he will have soft legs even when he stands.
    A: If he comes, I'll wrestle with him. It will be just like to wrestle against a kid.
    B: We should not take advantage on old, "weak", sick, and disable.
    C: Don't worry about. I'll take easy on him.
    A: D, You look so skinny today ...
    D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe3V1nydeC0

Even in the western culture, people also believe that sex will make you weak. In the movie "Little Big Man" that after Dustin Hoffman had sex with his wife's three widowed sisters, he was so tired that he could barely crawl back to his bed.

At 12.29.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4p...970_shortfilms
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-17-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie1981 View Post
    What practical use does it have other than building up Testosterone and making for sexually frustrated students???
    You don't have to wear flip-flops in the shower?

Quote Originally Posted by aussie1981 View Post

Long term abstinence from ejaculation does not seem to produce increases in Testosterone levels in the body:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12659241

If you abstain for a week you will see a sudden spike on day 7. However, after that things go back to normal.

There have been studies on mice that suggest the more often one ejaculates the higher their testosterone levels may be - both base levels and post ejaculation.

The "less experienced" mice had lower testosterone at base levels and post ejaculation levels.

I think the benefit might be in terms of gaining more focus: If you testosterone levels are low you are thinking about girls less, which (most likely) means you're training more.

Though, Testosterone is an important hormone for performance (in the bed and in a fight) so I wouldn't want to do anything to intentionally lower it.

Train Hard,

Josh Skinner
    Last edited by donjitsu2; 07-18-2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: rats do not equal mice...just sayin'

there is no sex frustration

there is only sex tension or pressure building up over time.

the theory

if you preserve your jing, you may become more vital and strong.

if you have too much sex, your jing is depleted. you may be tired and weak.

or become a soft leg crab or shrimp

you know crab and shrimp are good and intense fighters

but soft legs and soft clamps/claws are like useless.

thus the slang

nuan jiao xie or nuan jiao xia.

you may not stand let alone fight.

This is real Neigong deal by any standard.

内功之传,脉络甚真,不知脉络,勉强用之,则无益而有损。

卷一内功篇

学医道者,不可不明乎经络,何况习内功乎?若不明脉络,犹习射而操弓矢,其不能也决矣。能内景 遂道,返观而 以察之,则体用兼备矣。

前任后督,气行滚滚,井池双穴,发劲循循。气纳丹田,冲起命门,引督脉过尾闾,由脊中直上泥丸 ,下人中龈交 ,追动性元,引任脉降重楼,而下返气海。两脉上下,旋转如园,前降后升,络绎不绝也。井者,足 少阳胆经,肩 上陷中之肩井穴也。池者,手阳明大肠经,屈时横纹头陷中之曲池穴也。大肠经所入合土,土生金, 手足少阳,足 阳明,阳维之会,连入五脏,周身发劲之所也。

龟尾升气,丹田炼神,气下于海,光聚天心。龟尾者,长强穴也。谷道轻提,真气自然上升矣。丹田 者,冲脉(上 起百会,下达会阴),带脉(腰一周之脉)之中,脐下内部也。为男子精室,女子胞宫所在,调整呼 吸,固精健肾 ,练神之所也。小腹正中为气海,额上正中为天心,之气充于内,形光于外也。

既明脉络,次观格式。格式者,入门一定之规也。不明此,即脉络亦空谈耳。

Old master that can't get it up anymore is ****ed off with his younger students getting laid- creates 100 day ban on sex to ****ed them off and feel better about himself.

Case closed.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Abstinence in some cases in Chinese practices is not abstinence from sexual activity, but from losing jing.

If you can retain jing and have sex every day, good on you...

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    Abstinence in some cases in Chinese practices is not abstinence from sexual activity, but from losing jing.

If you can retain jing and have sex every day, good on you...
    There's the understatement of the day !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by donjitsu2 View Post
    Long term abstinence from ejaculation does not seem to produce increases in Testosterone levels in the body:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12659241

If you abstain for a week you will see a sudden spike on day 7. However, after that things go back to normal.

There have been studies on mice that suggest the more often one ejaculates the higher their testosterone levels may be - both base levels and post ejaculation.

The "less experienced" mice had lower testosterone at base levels and post ejaculation levels.

I think the benefit might be in terms of gaining more focus: If you testosterone levels are low you are thinking about girls less, which (most likely) means you're training more.

Though, Testosterone is an important hormone for performance (in the bed and in a fight) so I wouldn't want to do anything to intentionally lower it.

Train Hard,

Josh Skinner
    The question I always have with that study, and maybe I'm missing where it covers this, is how much sexual activity is occurring during the abstinence from ejaculation, since the common approach in China was to abstain to have more sex, likely a result of polygyny, where it was common to need to schedule one's sex, Monday with wife one, Tuesday with wife two, etc.

As is, applying that study to Chinese abstinence practices is really applying Western ideas of sexual abstinence to Chinese ideas, which is apples to lemons, in this case.

there is another practice

actually by having a lot of sex

and receiving lots of yin to replenish your yang.

and yes as pointed out without losing your jing first.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    there is another practice

actually by having a lot of sex

and receiving lots of yin to replenish your yang.

and yes as pointed out without losing your jing first.

Exactly. Abstinence without sexual practice, by that path's standards, is better than wasting jing, but not better for virility.

Hendrik, is there a way of translating that at all?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I dunno..I went 15 years without sex, didn't make me any stronger.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

you do need sex

so that you are complete or balanced.

but you do need to restrain somewhat, so that you are all "concentrated" in body and mind/emotions for whatever you are doing.