Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so i almost met the RZA today ...

so i almost met the RZA today ...

yeah so my teacher who works in this martial arts supply shop downstairs from where we train, anyway danny (my teacher) is in the shop sittin at the till.

and in comes this guy who supposedly looks like the rza, buys about a hundred quids worth of martial arts books,($200) and danny says "hey you know who you look like, you look like the rza" so the guy (in an american accent) says "yeah well..anywayy" and goes back to asking how much whatever book it is he's buying is?

so danny leaves it at that

anyway a few of us come in just after and he tells us the story. we were a bit iffy on the whole was it wasnt it, but then a guy callwed ben tells us that the wu tang clan played last night at the academy.

so yeah

i almost met the RZA :/
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Who?
    is that one of them there new do-hickies type people?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Who?
    is that one of them there new do-hickies type people?
    funny

yep

Never been a fan myself, but I do like how they promote "chinese kung fu" !

Never been a fan myself, but I do like how they promote "chinese kung fu" !
    have you heard the first album ?

or is it just a general dislike for all hip hop?

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    have you heard the first album ?

or is it just a general dislike for all hip hop?
    Perhaps a combination of both.
    My hip hop phase died many moons ago.

Perhaps a combination of both.
    My hip hop phase died many moons ago.

so you havent heard enter the 36 chambers??
    lol thats ashame

and yeah i was going to say
    claiming a liking for hip hop and not liking the wu tang clan is like liking metal and not liking metallica

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    sanjuro: give the 36 Chambers a listen at least once.

I've never heard the RZA speak in any non music instance where he didn't sound like an idiot though...but a lot of musicians don't sound too smart outside of their area of expertise.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    claiming a liking for hip hop and not liking the wu tang clan is like liking metal and not liking metallica
    Well, I don't know hip hop but I used to know metal. Metallica weren't metal after ... And Justice For All, and there've been a lot of albums between then and now.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    thank you, toby. I was trying to figure out how to say that. but, I only have Ride the Lightening and Master of Puppets...I threw away the 'Black' album out of disgust...so I'm not really a Metallica person enough to say it
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Ah sweet as man. I'd love to meet the clan.

I would recommend 36 chambers if you haven't heard it, its a quality album. Forever and Killa Bees is pretty cool too.

These days though I don't really listen to them. The W disappointedly me, iron flag was alright, and the new one sucks.

Cest La Vie

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Well, I don't know hip hop but I used to know metal. Metallica weren't metal after ... And Justice For All, and there've been a lot of albums between then and now.

They were carrying on the legacy of Mercyful Fate. People hated 'em because they became popular after the Black Album, which had more radio-worthy songs than the earlier albums (even though all the songs on the earlier albums are quality, excepting Kill Em All). If there's one thing I despise in music fandom, it's how everyone likes the fringe groups, but turns on them when they become popular. For some reason, when a person's kid sister starts to listen to a group he/she once considered "anti-establishment", that person says "they sold out". When, in reality, it is the person that has sold out to an image of themselves as that fringe group rocker. Same thing happened to Nirvana. Same thing happened to Phil Collins.

It's a shame, really.

If one thing is true abou tMetallica it's that their best days were after And Justice and their worst after the Symphony bit. I guess they peaked in ability and influence, and got metal ass artistic as possible considering that sound they use.

I personally like several popular bands like Tool, Audioslave, obviously the old 90s bands like Nirvana Pearl Jam Live STP and others.

But these days I just mostly listen to cultural, ambient, or house/trance because I've had enough of the whiny pansy "I hate everything, I'm bleeding, oh help me" rock/nickleback/linkin park crap. PALLEEZE!

Tool is still awesome, bu tI doubt they'll ever be as good as Lateralus again. Only time will tell. At the rate they go, we'll have to wait till May 2012 for their Mayan album or some crap to come out.

I just don't have the patience to care about artists anymore.

Except maybe Tiesto. That's a beastly musician.

Don't know a lot about the RZA except I have a friend that likes their stuff. I don't see the appeal, but he's a martial artist so that may be it.

I think it's more interesting to look at underground bagua movements in black neighborhoods, myself. Like Black Taoist and Lance the Sagacious vids. RZA just doesn't seem real like those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlin View Post
    But these days I just mostly listen to cultural, ambient, or house/trance because I've had enough of the whiny pansy "I hate everything, I'm bleeding, oh help me" rock/nickleback/linkin park crap. PALLEEZE!
    LOOOLLLLL!!! That's why I listent more to NPR than alternative stations...LOL....

Amen Brother

I hate radios and especially radio commercials.