Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoot out in Bogota: Colombian Police in Action!

Shoot out in Bogota: Colombian Police in Action!

This a short clip of how Colombian police officers stop an attempted street robbery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg_eI...eature=related

wow, what a backwards little place.

shoot the guy over a bag?

that's some lame policing.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    wow, what a backwards little place.

shoot the guy over a bag?

that's some lame policing.
    Perhaps the dead guy had a gun? Perhaps he was no good to society alive? I mean he was a criminal after all.

Also, remember this was a gang of criminals. An average gang of criminals here in Colombia would eat alive the best delinquents that your part of the world has to offer, so the best solution is to send them on their journey to their next life and hope that they re-encarnate somehow wiser than they were in this life.

BY THE WAY AND LOL! It seems that you have again "forgot" that you had me on ignore....LOL!

PS. If you ever feel the need for this type of effective policing in your town in Canada, let me know as I have some friends in the "special" squads here. Maybe we can arrange an exchange program, some of your Canadian Mounties here and some Colombian police there, to help literally bring down your crime rate. The only thing I would ask is that the Mounties change their uniform color to a more neutral one, as the color red will make them easy to shoot.

Don't laugh, this could work well. The Canadian Mounted Police can work without artificial restrictions that protect vermin, while their Colombian counterparts can have a vacation and just get some well deserved rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Perhaps the dead guy had a gun? Perhaps he was no good to society alive? I mean he was a criminal after all.

Also, remember this was a gang of criminals. An average gang of criminals here in Colombia would eat alive the best delinquents that your part of the world has to offer, so the best solution is to send them on their journey to their next life and hope that they re-encarnate somehow wiser than they were in this life.

BY THE WAY AND LOL! It seems that you have again "forgot" that you had me on ignore....LOL!

PS. If you ever feel the need for this type of effective policing in your town in Canada, let me know as I have some friends in the "special" squads here. Maybe we can arrange an exchange program, some of your Canadian Mounties here and some Colombian police there, to help literally bring down your crime rate. The only thing I would ask is that the Mounties change their uniform color to a more neutral one, as the color red will make them easy to shoot.

Don't laugh, this could work well. The Canadian Mounted Police can work without artificial restrictions that protect vermin, while their Colombian counterparts can have a vacation and just get some well deserved rest.
    You're an odd duck.

I am a mod here and as such cannot ignore you now.
    Interesting that you still stay on that same tack you have chosen.

there is nothing virtuous about murder whether you do it with a uniform on or not.
    The guy was a petty thief, they had overwhelming numbers. I heard 3 shots.

All that adds up to "backwards" as far as social construct goes.
    Does the whole city look like a slum like that?

And fwiw, Canada doesn't need stormtrooper style policing. We got a taste pf that crap at our G20 meeting last year in Toronto. Our crime rate is getting lower every year and it is certainly far lower than anywhere in Colombia.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Colombia is a messed up place. There are major issues of human rights violations coming out of a corrupt and authoritarian government but, because they have elections (fixed), and are strategic trade partners for Canada and the USA the totally messed up situation is completely ignored...

Or rather they just blame the rebels for everything.
    Last edited by SimonM; 07-19-2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Fixing spelling mistake.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

You're an odd duck.

I am a mod here and as such cannot ignore you now.
    Interesting that you still stay on that same tack you have chosen.

there is nothing virtuous about murder whether you do it with a uniform on or not.
    The guy was a petty thief, they had overwhelming numbers. I heard 3 shots.

All that adds up to "backwards" as far as social construct goes.
    Does the whole city look like a slum like that?

And fwiw, Canada doesn't need stormtrooper style policing. We got a taste pf that crap at our G20 meeting last year in Toronto. Our crime rate is getting lower every year and it is certainly far lower than anywhere in Colombia.
    Those very tactics that you critcise have brought the crime and kidnapping rates down here in Colombia.

Secondly, is it only me that saw at least two of the dirtbags with guns in their hands?

Well, I live and do business in Colombia and no one has tried any funny business with me. It could be my charming nature, but still.....

Also, you are still more likely to get attacked and killed by bunch of guys "just having fun", who don't "like" or "approve" of you in many European countries or parts of North America, than here. So, you guys may think you have a lower crime rate, but perhaps you have more psychologically disturbed people.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Columbia is a messed up place.
    Look if you are going to criticise a country that is better than yours, the least you can do is spell its name correctly, for god's sake.

I mean we are not talking about complex Baguazhang Internal methodologies here, which no one expects you, or most people to understand, as we are talking about a country that is on the same continent as yours and has been in the news for the last 30 years or so!

That is the name of COLOMBIA has been repeated thousands of times on the news for decades, it is not something that has been intentionally kept a secret like some Internal methodologies that most people have no clue about - by DESIGN.

There are major issues of human rights violations coming out of a corrupt and authoritarian government but, because they have elections (fixed),
    Well up to that point, you could have been talking about the US and a few European countries, as well....LOL!

Of course, Canada is being run by the same people and elements who run the US. So, be careful what you say.

and are strategic trade partners for Canada and the USA the totally messed up situation is completely ignored...
    That would be because most of the messed up situation in Colombia and other Latin American countries is created by them to start with.

Last time I looked the Colombian FARC were carrying US made weapons. I wonder how? Oh yes, it must be those nasty "international arms dealers", who somehow get their hands on tons of brand new, out of the factory weapons that the arms manufacturers don't know anything about.

IMHO many people in your part of the world are extremely naive when it comes to REAL politics. The fact you living in North America are talking about human rights violations and rigged elections in any other part of the world shows how out of touch you are with politicial reality that is under your nose.

I can't blame you too much for that as in your part of the world people are politically dumbed down from early age, but on a positive note, many people are beginning to snap out it. So, there may be hope for you, yet.

Or rather they just blame the rebels for everything.

Well, they could blame the US for arming the rebels, but then suddenly they will become the bad guys who are poisoning your children with drugs and exploiting their own people through human rights (a concept invented to screw the developing countries that do not follow orders) violations.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 07-19-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Those very tactics that you critcise have brought the crime and kidnapping rates down here in Colombia.
    so you went from hell on earth to terrible place that no one wants to go to except emigrated colombians who are returning home for a visit. lol. Dude, Colombia is a horrible country that needs a lot of work in every area of social structure.

Secondly, is it only me that saw at least two of the dirtbags with guns in their hands?
    the rider didn't, he got off his bike and lay down, maybe you 're referring to one of the cops as a dirtbag, they definitely had guns.

Well, I live and do business in Colombia and no one has tried any funny business with me. It could be my charming nature, but still.....
    I have no idea. I don't find you charming at all though. BUt I don't live near you or do business with you, so it doesn't matter.

Also, you are still more likely to get attacked and killed by bunch of guys "just having fun", who don't "like" or "approve" of you in many European countries or parts of North America, than here. So, you guys may think you have a lower crime rate, but perhaps you have more psychologically disturbed people.
    No you're not. That's BS propaganda they're feeding you so you don't feel bad when the police kill petty criminals in your streets instead of creating an actual rule of law and a justice system that works...as opposed to what you have in Colombia which is drug lords, vs criminals, vs corruption, vs the farq, vs commies...you have no unity in your country. that's why no one goes there and people flock to the cities in droves that you are dissing.

Colombia doesn't have much in the way of a viable tourist industry because it's a criminal state and a drug proliferating state.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Well HW108 one thing was true - in my initial post I misspelled Colombia.

Beyond that gotta say I disagree with you strongly.

I stand by that in countries that aren't roamed by authoritarian government sponsored murder squads it's not normal to shoot a bag snatcher dead.

And no, I didn't see any firearms on the thief.

As for your attempt at a Bagua zing, it would have worked better if you hadn't misread my initial post by 180 degrees; assuming me to be saying the precise opposite of what I actually said.
    Last edited by SimonM; 07-19-2011 at 08:26 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

That's some take no **** police work, judge, jury and executioner!!!

A country as messed up as columbia may need this, fight fire with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie1981 View Post
    That's some take no **** police work, judge, jury and executioner!!!

A country as messed up as columbia may need this, fight fire with fire.
    It is a lot less messed up than it was because of this type of policing. By the way, I saw the baddies carrying guns. Did you see it too?

so you went from hell on earth to terrible place that no one wants to go to except emigrated colombians who are returning home for a visit. lol.
    Well, life here is pretty nice. I have lived in London as you may know, but I would not change Cali for London for all the money in the world.

This is like the various TCMA methodologies discussed here in the forums where the people who are dissing them have no actual experience in them, just like you have never been to Colombia.....LOL!

Dude, Colombia is a horrible country that needs a lot of work in every area of social structure.
    And you "know" that because you have lived here? Or did you read about it in your controlled media that is designed to keep you happy where you are so that you continue to pay your taxes and fines happily to the government, who then go on to hand them to their own masters, the international banking cartels?

IMHO, you are very naive.

the rider didn't, he got off his bike and lay down,
    To my recollection the biker was not shot. The crimimnals who were shot were the ones with the guns.

maybe you 're referring to one of the cops as a dirtbag, they definitely had guns.
    Actually, I admired the cops for doing what they did!

I have no idea. I don't find you charming at all though.
    I reserve my charm for those who deserve it.

No you're not.
    Yes you are. When I go out clubbing here in Cali, the last thing on my mind is that someone might come over and pick a fight with me in a bar or discoteque.

The same was not true when I lived in London as I would have one eye open for some latent heterosexual who wanted to prove that he was a "man".

That's BS propaganda they're feeding you so you don't feel bad when the police kill petty criminals in your streets
    Actually, I came to that conclusion based on my own experiences living in various countries. We don't have that kind of propaganda here. Actually, many people want to go to North America and Europe, because of YOUR propaganda....LOL!

YES, you are subject to propaganda like any other country in the world! "Yes dear Canadians/Americans/British/etc. the rest of the world are uncivilized Banana Republics, don't dare and go and live in those places. Stay here and pay your hard earned cash to your "civilized", "loving" and "caring" governments who do NOT kill petty criminals but turn them into bogey men to keep the population in fear and impose more rules, controls and regulations on them".

"Anyway, why should we kill petty criminals when we can fly bomber planes and mass murder hundreds of thousands of people in far away lands. This way at least we can steal their oil and natural resources. Now, that is worth killing for..."

instead of creating an actual rule of law and a justice system that works...
    That aspect of life would funtion better if it was not subotaged by the colonizers.

as opposed to what you have in Colombia which is drug lords, vs criminals, vs corruption, vs the farq, vs commies...
    Many Drugs Lords work with the Western Intelligence agencies who import drugs into the Northern Hemisphere.

The Northern Hemisphere is full of criminals and corruption going all the way up to the Presidents' and Prime Ministers' offices.

The FARC is a Colombian phenomenon, but it is armed at least in part by Western Intelligence, mainly the US one, and so are the government. By the way, currently the FARC are at the weakest they have been in 40 years.

So, just about any sh!t you find here, you can link it to the Western Intelligence/criminal agencies.

you have no unity in your country. that's why no one goes there and people flock to the cities in droves that you are dissing.
    The disunity you see here and elsewhere is the result of the divide and rule policiy employed by the colonizers.

Colombia doesn't have much in the way of a viable tourist industry because it's a criminal state and a drug proliferating state.
    Well you could use the "drug proliferating" and "criminal state" description to describe the US, but that doesn' t stop tourism there, either.

Again. Your clueless opinion as regards Colombia is based on what you are fed by your own news media.

You have NOT been here, nor lived here, and for someone who has not been here, you make a lot of clueless assumptions.

Also, and for your information, the economy, tourism and investment have been increasing here for the last 5 years or so.

I am in the hotel business (and night club) here. So far this year we have had visitors from the US, France, Sweden, Switzerland and Germany visit our small hotel. Next week we have a reservation by two girls (on their own) who will be coming from Switzerland for a salsa dancing holiday.

Where I live, I have neighbors who are from France, the UK and the US. No doubt there are other nationalities. They live happily here.

When I get home from work I can go to my terrace, make some great barbecue and put my feet up and relax with a cup delicious Colombian coffee, while caressed by the warm evening breezes. For me that is quality of life. People look at each other and greet each other in the street (you can meet a lot of nice women that way).

During the evenings, we do not lock our doors and stay home because of the big bad mafia, as some of your media would have you believe. In my neighborhood we have ladies walking their dogs in the local park at nights, where people gather to meet up and have a chat.

All of this life style is going on while macho men MA-ist kickboxers such as yourselves are afraid to travel to Colombia because you think you are going to get hurt....LOL! All based on media brainwashing. Food for thought.....

The moral of the story is, have a valid point of reference before you spew negativities about other countries and cultures, because it comes out as blatant racism and is not befitting of a moderator.

Of course this concept of having a VALID REFERENCE when one speaks holds true when discussing complex TCMA methodologies, as well.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 07-20-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Some background to this so that this thread does not turn into a needless flame war (eventhough the sound quality from the clip was not that good)..

The failed robbery was attempted by a professional gang. In Colombia, professional criminal gangs do not carry out their robberies armed with toothpicks.

The intended victim, a business man had just withdrawn a large sum from the bank.

At least two of the robbers were armed. The first guy points a pistol on the intended victim and takes his bag, while the second robber runs out of the car with gun drawn. They run away from the victim and towards the waiting police.

According to the news report 15 such criminal gangs have been put out of action in Bogota in the same year.

The police operation was carried out with military precision. NO police were hurt and the victim escaped unscathed. The only possible mistake that the police made was perhaps not take the opportunity and shoot the rest of the gang, but I guess with the camera rolling, this would have been difficult.

Well HW108 one thing was true - in my initial post I misspelled Colombia.
    That mistake, at least for some people, would just about discredit anything else you might have to say about Colombia.

Beyond that gotta say I disagree with you strongly.
    Why am I not surprised. LOL!

I stand by that in countries that aren't roamed by authoritarian government sponsored murder squads it's not normal to shoot a bag snatcher dead.
    Show me one country that you know of that is a true Democracy. Remember, if you are not a true Democracy then you are authoritarian!

Also, a bag snatcher and an accomplice, both armed with pistols, that are running towards any police officers in most parts of the world, would be shot dead, that includes in the so called "civilized" countries.

And no, I didn't see any firearms on the thief.
    First, please read my last post. Second put the video on large screen and watch it a couple of times.

As for your attempt at a Bagua zing, it would have worked better if you hadn't misread my initial post by 180 degrees; assuming me to be saying the precise opposite of what I actually said.
    If you go to the Wing Chun forum and read my clarification then you will see that the problem was your take of Circle Walking in Baguazhang, where you thought that it was for combat application (as regards footwork).

Also, all kung fu styles are for fighting. Fighting in those days meant potential use on the battlefield. Which means that I don't agree with your hypothesis that Bagua was developed for dueling.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 07-20-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Guy...you need to be more succinct.

Your post is TL;DNR

try to summarize your ideas.

Kung Fu is good for you.