Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scientists name saddest movie scene ever

I'd like to nominate the saddest scene on TV ever...

Battlestar Galactica when they took that little girl away from Starbuck who she thought was her daughter

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    I just think it funny that a guy who teaches others to defend themselves is against our nation defending itself when thousands of innocent Americans are murdered.
    Well as Iraq and Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, the war there wouldn't count as self defense now would it? More like when Ron Artest jumped into the stands to go after the person who threw a beer on him, but attacked some poor schlub instead.

Nor would the bombing campaign in Yemen count as self-defense.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I only teach my students to defend themselves against those whom ACTUALLY attack them.

Attacking the neighbor of your actual attacker is not self-defense. And attacking the neighbor of your actual attacker in an effort to scare your actual attacker into not attacking you anymore is beyond ridiculous.
    So you're saying that Bush, the UN, and the US Congress all had it wrong, correct?

And you may call it ridiculous, but it's worked. We haven't had anymore 9/11s.

And are you trying to say Saudi Arabia attacked us?

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Well as Iraq and Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, the war there wouldn't count as self defense now would it? More like when Ron Artest jumped into the stands to go after the person who threw a beer on him, but attacked some poor schlub instead.

Nor would the bombing campaign in Yemen count as self-defense.
    Would the current bombing of Libya count as self defense?

And fyi, Saddam had at least one terrorist training center in his country and he was paying the families of suicide bombers. If some guy killed someone in your family and you knew I'd helped train him and was sending his family money, would you coming to my house be a case of you coming after the wrong guy?

Would the current bombing of Libya count as self defense?
    No the bombing in Libya would not count as self defense. Do you agree with what we are doing there? If so, why?

And fyi, Saddam had at least one terrorist training center in his country and he was paying the families of suicide bombers. If some guy killed someone in your family and you knew I'd helped train him and was sending his family money, would you coming to my house be a case of you coming after the wrong guy?
    Ah, but those suicide bombers had not attacked the US. So, your little family analogy doesn't work.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

And are you trying to say Saudi Arabia attacked us?
    Are you trying to say Iraq did attack us?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Why is it that every thread 1bad has can never stay on topic?
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

You guys baffle me. When the Gov't spends trillions on the War on Poverty and poverty only increases or when they spend billions on a 'stimulus' only to see unemployment rise, you guys don't complain about the wasted taxpayer money. But when some study of sad movies is done at a public university, you guys are are suddenly concerned about how taxpayer's money is being spent.
    When we pay for two wars with tax cuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

No the bombing in Libya would not count as self defense. Do you agree with what we are doing there? If so, why?
    No, I do not agree with it because, among other things, he did not get Congressional approval within 30 days.

Ah, but those suicide bombers had not attacked the US. So, your little family analogy doesn't work.
    The 9/11 hijackers weren't suicide bombers?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Why is it that every thread 1bad has can never stay on topic?
    I have no idea. I didn't take it there. I posted about a study on sad movies and Jamieson brought the cost of the study into the discussion, and it got off track. I was thinking people would post about sad movies/scenes they had seen and that would be it. I was wrong I guess.
    Last edited by BJJ-Blue; 07-28-2011 at 02:01 PM.

I do have to admit you guys got me though. I've been arguing over a moot point. Iraq was not attacked over 9/11. It was attacked because it violated a UN resolution it had signed. The attack on Iraq was approved by the UN.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    When we pay for two wars with tax cuts.
    Tax cuts do generate higher revenues, so that's not a bad idea.

The 9/11 hijackers weren't suicide bombers?
    In your analogy:

You = Saddam
    Me = USA
    My family member = 9/11 victims
    Guy who killed my family member = suicide bombers

Since Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, your analogy is fatally flawed.

Our foreign policy was invading anywhere that has people who pay suicide bombers? Source?

You guys baffle me. When the Gov't spends trillions on the War on Poverty and poverty only increases or when they spend billions on a 'stimulus' only to see unemployment rise, you guys don't complain about the wasted taxpayer money. But when some study of sad movies is done at a public university, you guys are are suddenly concerned about how taxpayer's money is being spent.
    its a bit different wouldnt you say????

we can all agree that SOMETHING needs to be done about pverty... we may not agree on the approach, but we agree that something is wrong....

then you have sad movies and the men that cry when they watch them... now i'm not saying this is useless info, but in this economic climate it seems a lil bit misguided and irresponsible... if they are so interested on mens feelings maybe they couldve done a study on the effects of stress on poor men who struggle to feed their fam and how we can better help them...

or we can go extreme right wit it and get a think tank together to figure out how to sweep the poverty problem under the carpet without anyone noticing while wearing their sunday best... cause in the end, genocide thru oppression and neglect is a much cheaper solution than to actually help these people... we all know they dont want to work for their money and would rather sit at home and pop out kids for an extra 300 a month per brat anyways... right??? well worth it from a financial standpoint... and who cares if one in every 3 actually would like to work hard top get outta the hole theyre in... too bad for that one, the three spoiled the party aye!!!!

do you believe in the saying "better 50 guilty men go free than one innocent man goes to prison"??? wouldnt it be fair to transfer that over to this situation? better that 3 lazy cats get cheques so the one who will better themselves with it can become a more productive member of society???

BLUE, i question whether you really understand just how tough it can be for some people to climb out of a gutter that they have been put in by circumstance or chance of birth. its not as easy to get out of as you seem to think. some people are held down no matter how hard they are willing to work. and thats not even adressing the countless people who want to work but there is no work in their town and they cant even afford to leave and find work elsewhere... forced to take whatever they can find just to stay afloat and break even, if that...

you see that alot from corps. who basically ruin a whole county by moving over seas to increase profits from "a whole bunch of money" to "rediculous amounts of money"... who cares what it does to the people and your country... we are capitalists, the bottom line is the bottom line after all... people are expendable, cash is sacred... 5 billion just isnt enough for some folks... sure they have all the money they could ever even spend, but they have small d1cks and they need to out do the other small d1ck ego in the tower across the street... on some "my kingdom shall be greater than your kingdom" type of bullsh1t... totally worth ruining lives over... i mean, duuuhhh....

greed breeds wonderful people who always think of whats best for everyone.

what kind of people are we when we believe that being selfish is more productive???

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    its a bit different wouldnt you say????

we can all agree that SOMETHING needs to be done about pverty... we may not agree on the approach, but we agree that something is wrong....

then you have sad movies and the men that cry when they watch them... now i'm not saying this is useless info, but in this economic climate it seems a lil bit misguided and irresponsible... if they are so interested on mens feelings maybe they couldve done a study on the effects of stress on poor men who struggle to feed their fam and how we can better help them...

or we can go extreme right wit it and get a think tank together to figure out how to sweep the poverty problem under the carpet without anyone noticing while wearing their sunday best... cause in the end, genocide thru oppression and neglect is a much cheaper solution than to actually help these people... we all know they dont want to work for their money and would rather sit at home and pop out kids for an extra 300 a month per brat anyways... right??? well worth it from a financial standpoint... and who cares if one in every 3 actually would like to work hard top get outta the hole theyre in... too bad for that one, the three spoiled the party aye!!!!

do you believe in the saying "better 50 guilty men go free than one innocent man goes to prison"??? wouldnt it be fair to transfer that over to this situation? better that 3 lazy cats get cheques so the one who will better themselves with it can become a more productive member of society???

BLUE, i question whether you really understand just how tough it can be for some people to climb out of a gutter that they have been put in by circumstance or chance of birth. its not as easy to get out of as you seem to think. some people are held down no matter how hard they are willing to work. and thats not even adressing the countless people who want to work but there is no work in their town and they cant even afford to leave and find work elsewhere... forced to take whatever they can find just to stay afloat and break even, if that...

you see that alot from corps. who basically ruin a whole county by moving over seas to increase profits from "a whole bunch of money" to "rediculous amounts of money"... who cares what it does to the people and your country... we are capitalists, the bottom line is the bottom line after all... people are expendable, cash is sacred... 5 billion just isnt enough for some folks... sure they have all the money they could ever even spend, but they have small d1cks and they need to out do the other small d1ck ego in the tower across the street... on some "my kingdom shall be greater than your kingdom" type of bullsh1t... totally worth ruining lives over... i mean, duuuhhh....

greed breeds wonderful people who always think of whats best for everyone.

what kind of people are we when we believe that being selfish is more productive???
    Well said. Funny how the patriotism of some industry CEOs is never up for question...