Another MMA documentary.
UFC Champ Rich Franklin's Story Headed to the Big Screen (Exclusive)
4:59 PM 7/27/2011 by Pamela McClintock, Borys Kit

Rich Franklin 2009

David Hollander is penning the script for "American Fighter," with Eric Eisner and Sean Sorensen producing.

The story of Rich Franklin’s remarkable rise from math teacher to mixed martial artist and UFC champion is headed for the big screen.

Eric Eisner’s Double E Pictures and Motion Theory have optioned the life rights to Franklin’s story, and set David Hollander (The Cleaner, The Guardian) to pen the script.

Eisner will produce American Fighter with Motion Theory’s Sean Sorensen.

“I’m excited to see the story of my career as a fighter brought to the screen, and I feel confident that the team assembled will do a great job in telling this story,” Franklin said.

A family man and high school math teacher, Franklin taught himself mixed martial arts, and quickly emerged as one of the most dominant figures in the sport.

American Fighter also will chronicle the transformation of mixed martial arts into a billion-dollar industry.

Eisner’s previous producing credits include Hamlet 2. Other current projects include Havana Nocturne, Greenhat Enterprises, Garcia and Just Cause, based on Eidos’ video game franchise.

Motion Theory, a commercial and music video production house, launched its feature film division in 2008, with producer Sorenson at the helm. Motion Theory also controls the rights to film projects Command and Conquer, Berzerk and One Red Paperclip.

Mathew Cullen of Motion Theory is executive producing American Fighter.

“I’m happy to be in business with Sean and Motion Theory, and look forward to working with David to capture the story of Rich’s remarkable life,” Eisner said. “This is a truly inspirational story that we are excited to tell.”

Eisner, Sorensen and Hollander are repped by CAA.
Other MMA documentaries:
Fightville
Like Water (Anderson Silva documentary)