Thread: Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida Sparring at Black House

Thumbs up Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida Sparring at Black House

So does anyone believe Chael Sonnen's claim that Machida actually beat Anderson in sparring one time and that's one of the reasons they won't fight each other?
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

Quote Originally Posted by Siu Lum Fighter View Post
    So does anyone believe Chael Sonnen's claim that Machida actually beat Anderson in sparring one time and that's one of the reasons they won't fight each other?
    I believe anderson may have said himself that lyoto usually gets the best of him in sparring

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    I believe anderson may have said himself that lyoto usually gets the best of him in sparring
    Machida is heavier which is a big indicator. I couldn't imagine that too many fighters have the finesse and skill of Silva, but I am sure that guys can "out physical" him.

Anderson walks around about 220 pounds i think so hes not that much bigger, having said that its sparring you win some you lose some, both are great fighters

It was light sparring, "instructional sparring" where guys try out new things and experiment.
    One should also be aware that when sparring ANY potential opponent, you never bring all "the goods" to the table.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I thought they had both said that they would never fight each other because they are such good friends?

Is that true or just a rumor?
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb